Dynadot

question GDPR and outgoing enquiries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Levi_charlz

Account Closed (Requested)
Impact
Do any domainers here develop domains for the sole purpose of a high search engine ranking to get exposure.

I recently did I little experiment with my domain ‘VRAnimationStudio’ in dot com and managed to get it to number one on Google for the search term ‘VR Animation studio’.

With GDPR coming into effect I don’t want to be doing spammy outgoing enquiries so is this good alternative to using the usual Domain seller sites or am I wasting my time?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I think you did a good job and it is certainly a bonus for this domain name.

On the other hand, if you have good development skills, would not it be better to use it to build some real online business ? :) I think it is little pitty to waste it for selling domain names...

•••
I think you did a good job and it is certainly a bonus for this domain name.

On the other hand, if you have good development skills, would not it be better to use it to build some real online business ? :) I think it is little pitty to waste it for selling domain names...

Good point! Yes, I think it would be better :)

I do actually run my own ecommerce business and should really be focusing on generating traffic to that. Thanks for the reminder. Domaining can be very distracting :)

•••
Great suggestion by LOLWarrior. I am a bit good at putting up WordPress sites. But I don't know (and find it very tiresome) to draw traffic to my site(s) and rank it on search engines. So I am here selling domains for least amount of profit. I wish I knew how to rank sites and draw lots and lots of traffic without burning a hole in my pocket. Just buckle up and put your talent to use. Put domaining as your fun time hobby.

•••
Great suggestion by LOLWarrior. I am a bit good at putting up WordPress sites. But I don't know (and find it very tiresome) to draw traffic to my site(s) and rank it on search engines. So I am here selling domains for least amount of profit. I wish I knew how to rank sites and draw lots and lots of traffic without burning a hole in my pocket. Just buckle up and put your talent to use. Put domaining as your fun time hobby.

I’m certainly not a developing wizard for sure. I used a free website from the domain registry and utilised the blog, put some upto date industry relevant content on there and focussed on the exact match keywords of the dn.

I’m very surprised it’s ranked above the world’s leading VR Animation Studio. In fact, I’m a little embarrassed. But I suppose competition for these keywords isn’t particularly great unlike my business.

Last edited:
•••
The keyword ' VR Animation Studio ' doesn't have more than 10 searches in a month. Ranking for it won't help your domain or business and neither will it bring traffic to you.

upload_2018-5-27_13-25-5.png

•••
Sorry for the thread derail, i answer here on a topic of site development...

Great suggestion by LOLWarrior. I am a bit good at putting up WordPress sites. But I don't know (and find it very tiresome) to draw traffic to my site(s) and rank it on search engines. So I am here selling domains for least amount of profit. I wish I knew how to rank sites and draw lots and lots of traffic without burning a hole in my pocket.
If you are good in putting up WP sites, you are already half way to success. Now you only need to cover two points:

1. Learn keyword research. What keyword opportunities, or content gaps, are there in the niche.

2. Find yourself a terrific writer - or, even better, if English is your primary language - write content yourself. Here the most important is: Live human language and way of talking, no no no shitty SEO language in ezine style - like "blue widgets have their advantages", "please be advised to look at this webpage" and other junk!! Bottom line: texts for humans, not for machines.

Post a few K's words content around the keywords you found in p.1, even 1K would be enough for start. If content is really useful, G will eat it and index it. Then you need only a few backlinks to start getting ranked.

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back