Gays.com sells for 500,000 USD through Sedo

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Sedo

Top Member
Sedo.com Staff
Impact
Hi-

Incase you haven't caught it yet on DNJournal, Gays.com just sold through our marketplace for 500,000 USD. It moved into the DNJournal charts as one of the top five sales of the year so far. Below is a snipit from our press release.

The full release can be found here

Best,
Mara

CAMBRIDGE, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sedo (http://www.sedo.com), the leading online marketplace for the buying and selling of domain names, today announced the sale of gays.com through its online domain marketplace for $500,000. The buyers of the domain name were Internet entrepreneurs Julius and David Dreyer of Germany.

“We are extremely proud to have secured such a prestigious domain name in this exciting sector,” said Julius Dreyer. “It has always been one of our personal goals to build a portal for gay people. With the help of our gay colleagues and friends, we believe that we can launch a sophisticated and informative portal that will meet the needs of the gay community in the not too distant future.”

Sales like Gays.com are an indicator of an increasingly strong secondary market for premium domain names, as investors pour millions of dollars into purchasing domain names as a new type of investment asset. ...

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Congrats Sedo - thats a very big sale but I'd much prefer pussy.com to be perfectly honest :xf.love:

•••
•••
What's Sedo cut of the deal?

•••
•••
And they just showed a documentary of how you can make gays straight again :)

•••
gazzip said:
Congrats Sedo - thats a very big sale but I'd much prefer pussy.com to be perfectly honest :xf.love:

:lol:

Yes, congrats Sedo for the great sale.

•••
Wow, a buyer on Sedo that actually completed the sale, that is news.

Great job! :)

•••
gay domains

well done to sedo
i'm trying to sell a gay domain. Is this a particularly good time for these type of domains? How should one go about selling a gay domain and can you tell us anything more about how this sale happened?
thanks

•••
Nice price

congratulations to sedo for this sale
i am not sure whether this price is right for this kind of domain.........nevertheless good job by sedo
seller has all the reason to celebrate

•••
Seems a fair price for this domain, sure will get lots of traffic.

Congratulations to Sedo.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back