REQ-LOGO Gaming logo required

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

jdab

Jamie DąbrowieckiTop Member
Impact
I am in need of a logo for Gamertag.net - this is a domain I recently aquired and I am currently developing.

Type of Contest: Logo design
Prize: $30
Contest End Date & Time: Fri 8 May 2015 - 13:00 GMT
Size Requirements: No specific size but must fit into the space at www.gamertag.net and www.gamertag.net/blog (in the header area of the blog and in the bit above the words "xbox gamertag checker" on the home page) - should be landscape (no exceptions)
Color Requirements: Mainly white as it has to work on a green background, but I'm open to logos with accents of other colours too if you feel it would work
General Requirements: As usual, I'm leaving the designer to be creative. The logo must contain the words "Gamertag.net" and nothing else. I'd like more emphasis on the word "Gamertag" and perhaps have ".net" smaller and not as 'in your face'. It would be nice if it had some form of logo using the word that I could then use in social media icons, favicon etc. Possibly something fancy with the "G" that could become brandable? It's entirely up to the designer.
Additional Information: Good luck!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Modified font with gradients to add depth. The slight gradient in the background is to add a spot light effect. If you do like this logo, adding this effect to your CSS would only take a minute, which I can help with if necessary. Feedback appreciated, thanks!

GAMERTAG s5.png

Last edited:
•••
Modified font with gradients to add depth. The slight gradient in the background is to add a spot light effect. If you do like this logo, adding this effect to your CSS would only take a minute, which I can help with if necessary. Feedback appreciated, thanks!

Show attachment 12239
Thanks - remember that the text "xbox gamertag checker" would be remaining on that specific page, under the logo. Can you also show me it on the blog?

•••
Thanks. I'll play around with the colors in my next post.

GAMERTAG s5cs.png

GAMERTAG s5c.png

•••

Attachments

• GAMERTAG blued.png
    GAMERTAG blued.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 39
  • GAMERTAG green.png
    GAMERTAG green.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 43
  • GAMERTAG orange.png
    GAMERTAG orange.png
    40.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
•••
I stylized another font, by modifying the G, A, E and R, reshaping and bringing the letters closer together to make the font look a little more "brand-ish").

GAMERTAGNF2.png

Last edited:
•••
I stylized another font, by modifying the G, A, E and R, reshaping and bringing the letters closer together to make the two words combined look a little more "brand-ish").

Show attachment 12273

•••
Sorry, to be clearer, I meant that I brought the letters together in general, not just the words combined (that part was easy, just type it as one word). I personally find it more brand like to bring letters together with certain fonts that are very spacey.

I edited my post to correct my language but you were faster in your reply :-P

•••
This is my 1st design idea... Hoping you would like it.
29373_d0ad38d39a1716d92a46b49880f43d01.png

Attachments

• GamerTag-01.png
    GamerTag-01.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 49
•••
my 2nd design idea...
29374_7f4b8a035f2d242db4e7d26344c827ce.png

Attachments

• GamerTag2-01.png
    GamerTag2-01.png
    7.7 KB · Views: 38
•••
•••
•••
Thanks guys! Looking through them all now.

•••
I'm looking for something that has a logo incorporated, something that I can use as an icon. Along the lines of what @bashariqbal has done with the controller, but I want something a little bigger and with more detail.

•••
Oh! OK. I was wondering why you didn't want anything else but the words, but figured you just wanted a minimal look when you said "The logo must contain the words 'Gamertag.net' and nothing else". Could you please tell me which of my designs you liked the most, so I can kind of get a feel of what kind of font you're looking for. Was it the design that you "liked"? Feedback is always appreciated.

Now, I'm off to designing something additional to incorporate and will come back to this contest soon. Thanks!

•••
Oh! OK. I was wondering why you didn't want anything else but the words, but figured you just wanted a minimal look when you said "The logo must contain the words 'Gamertag.net' and nothing else". Could you please tell me which of my designs you liked the most, so I can kind of get a feel of what kind of font you're looking for. Was it the design that you "liked"? Feedback is always appreciated.

Now, I'm off to designing something additional to incorporate and will come back to this contest soon. Thanks!
The OP says "It would be nice if it had some form of logo" ;)

I like your font from Post #6, and then an icon like something on https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=g...KYPbUaHdgZgC&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1920&bih=945

•••
•••
Tried to improve my previous design as per your feedback...
29443_517da8a20e8e80fbf04bc83549230133.png

Attachments

• GamerTag3-01.png
    GamerTag3-01.png
    12.5 KB · Views: 37
•••
•••
•••
I made the tag more eye catching with high contrast in this icon, so that it's more recognizable at smaller sizes, but to be honest with you I think you would probably do better off with a simple GT. I'll giving you them both, in case you change your mind later.

TAG6_EXP.png

TAG7_EXP.png

•••
And if these will be your FB profile images, I'll send you additional icons with straight corners, so that they fill in the squares.

Last edited:
•••
Here is mine :

gamertag.jpg

Thanks
Shery

•••
feedback appreciated:
hzjhILp.png

Last edited:
•••
Thank you for all of the submissions - they're great! It's gonna be tricky choosing!

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back