NameSilo

Future? What's yours?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Just wondering.. What do you plan to do with your life? Will you start a company? Finish school and get a high paying job? Live life on the edge and be a entrepreneur? Whats your future?

MINE: I will be starting a company with in the next 3 months. Internet developing and Desktop Software.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I will be heading off to university after doing my a levels to study computer science.
After that, I see two choices:
  • Network administration
  • Programming

Both of those I would enjoy doing, however I have a third job idea that I intend to take up as soon as I can fund it: A little business selling computers with Linux on, all configured and everything. I'll be using older hardware, as Linux doesn't need top-of-the-range stuff to work perfectly, and older hardware will make it cheaper. I would really enjoy doing that.

•••
Nice business plan.... I hope you do well in what ever you decide to do.

•••
Im going where life takes me.

Ill go to school somewhere, but I plan on starting a couple of businesses.

•••
Well for my furture job I wish to work for Pixar animation studios in making cartoons and that. I want to make cartoons for anyone like movie theaters or something like that.

•••
Im 15, nearly 16 and learning many things at once.

I'm working on php and mysql, photoshop, and domaining. As well as math (at school).

I can be what you would call a "nerd" Only Im active with sports and am quite popular/as well as far from looking like one.

So ye, I plan on going into computer science. Average pay is 100k yearly. And since I tend to be above average.. :D

•••
I'm 17 at the moment and trying to learn PHP and MySQL but failing miserably lol (never did well with books...).

I'm just wasting the year away at home waiting for next year when I start Polytech. I'll be doing a Certificate in Creative Studies which will lead me to be able to get a Diploma in Interactive Media Development which I'll learn some graphic, audio, film, web and game design as well as OOP.

I want to be a graphic designer, preferably a 3D one.

•••
Honestly, I am 15 still but been looking into being a lawyer specializing in domain and internet based cases. It's just a thought as of now.

But my dream goal is to finsh high school in the next year (cramming 3 years into 1), take off two years to spend traveling for both snowboarding and gaming. Than go to Full Sail for designs and media.

Move to Ausie with my wunderful girlfriend of almost a year. After that and work for a fun loving media and design company. Maybe just start one.

- John

•••
~Psychotic~ said:
I'm 17 at the moment and trying to learn PHP and MySQL but failing miserably lol (never did well with books...).

I suggest using www.w3schools.com

Its got great tutorials, much better than any book I have ever bought :D

•••
Squirrel Rascal said:
I suggest using www.w3schools.com

Its got great tutorials, much better than any book I have ever bought :D

I can't stand W3Schools. They teach you nothing. I don't need to know array functions or strings. Not the way they teach you. They teach the bare minimums but not how to put it all together.

To me, it's not a practical way of teaching. It'd be also nice to find a book/e-book with real-world examples. What the heck is the point in learning something that you most likely will never implement in real life?

•••
~Psychotic~ said:
I don't need to know array functions or strings.
I beg to differ.

~Psychotic~ said:
It'd be also nice to find a book/e-book with real-world examples.
Do what I do - think of something to make. For example, I was trying to learn Pascal - so I made a compiler for a variant of x86 assembly I came up with.

•••
I'm 6...turning 17 tomorrow lol. I plan on doing something with business or economics in the future but programming, web dev and computers is a hobby. I am thinking of learning PHP, I know C# and I think its not to much of a step from that? Also knowing C# and VB I could do ASP.NET.

•••
I plan on graduating high school and going to college to study marketing and web design so that I can start either a business or just stick with affiliate marketing as that's truly where my heart is right now. I know for sure I want to work with websites it's just a matter of how. :D Good to see some other people's plans.

•••
Mikor said:
I beg to differ.

When I said that, I meant I don't need to know them. I need to know how to implement and use them. WTF is the point in knowing them if I don't know what they do, where to use them, and how?

•••
I'm going to college in the fall and I'll be majoring in Computer Science with minors in Business Administration and Spanish. Not sure what I want to do with my degree yet. Something with computers, the internet, and people :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back