IT.COM

discuss Apple goes AR

NameSilo
Watch

Andreas B.

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I love the concept of AR and can understand his way of thinking, but AR is still a 'virtual reality'.

From a marketing standpoint it make sense just to call it 'VR' a term everyone is familar with, as future VR/AR headsets will be able to do both.

•••
AR will be more informational, per education, medicine/healthcare, navigation, hospitality, sports, gambling, deals, shopping, web 3 whereas VR will be more metaverse, also web 3, games, entertainment, simulations

xr should remain the umbrella term...but just my guess.

•••
Thanks for sharing, I am interested in the evolution of the demand for domains related to augmented reality technology, since I currently have domains with the ending .AR registered

•••
- AR augments the real-world scene, whereas VR creates completely immersive virtual environments

- AR is 25% virtual and 75% real, while VR is 75% virtual and 25% real

- In AR no headset is needed, on the other hand, in VR, you need a headset device

- With AR, end-users are still in touch with the real world while interacting with virtual objects nearer to them, but by using VR technology, the VR user is isolated from the real world and is immersed in a completely fictional world

Both have an equal place in the future (as far as I'm concerned), depending on your applications IMO

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back