Dynadot

Funny and dumb domain inquiries

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Sharing a Saturday morning inquiry and response for your enjoyment:

The inquiry came in from the Efty.com platform for one of my domains, which was: "Hey, what does a broke guy have to give to earn the right to own this domain? What's your fee?"

My response:

Hi Pat!

I'm honored you've chosen me to give some life advice to a Broke Guy (a friend of yours?)

Here's your first question you asked:
" Hey, what does a broke guy have to give to earn the right to own this domain?"

My answer:
As long as the broke guy is of legal age to make purchases, he does not have to give anything as he has already earned the right to own this domain or any domain, but it's really a matter of whether he could afford to own this or any domains. But the prudent thing would be to do is, for this person to save their money for food and petrol. After all you cannot eat domains and drive them! ;)

Your second question:
" What's your fee? "

My answer:
I assume you're now asking this for yourself. Well for you, and if you're not broke as well, the fee/cost for this domain name is $xxxx (plus, you cover the escrow.com fees).

Please let me know if you would like move forward with purchasing this domain.

Also, kindly let the broke guy know, I wish him the best of luck and hope things look up for him in the future.

Thank you for asking! :)

John

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Your response couldn't have been better, John. I feel for that guy! :ROFL:

He should have done some negotiation training first!

Btw, if you have to share one negotiation tip with him, what would that be?

•••
The one tip would be: Never play the pity card, it's more expensive as it would just be better to suggest creative financing because people are more likely to work with you to make the deal happen that way.

•••
Good evening.

Also, Efty now offer lease-to-own through their integration with Dan.com and this is a brilliant way for someone to use the domain immediately but pay it off monthly at your pre-determined schedule. I have this set on all of my domains at Efty but am yet to make a sale as it has only been live for a week or so.

Any tool that may help sell domains has to be worth investigating.

Regards,

Reddstagg

•••
The one tip would be: Never play the pity card, it's more expensive as it would just be better to suggest creative financing because people are more likely to work with you to make the deal happen that way.

Thanks! <3

•••
Good evening.

Also, Efty now offer lease-to-own through their integration with Dan.com and this is a brilliant way for someone to use the domain immediately but pay it off monthly at your pre-determined schedule. I have this set on all of my domains at Efty but am yet to make a sale as it has only been live for a week or so.

Regards,

Reddstagg

Quick side question if I may:

How well are Efty landing pages converting?

And is there any other valid payment option than DAN? Unfortunately Dan doesn't accept Sav anymore and I have quite a number of domains with them too. I learned about Escrow.com, unsure if that is even feasible.

TIA!

Last edited:
•••
Good evening.

There are various options available such as escrow, dan, sedo, bodis, parking crew etc but some are only available on higher subscription level. You should check out payment plan options for full details.

Sales conversion rates are low for me at present although I am seeing a lot of traffic. I have only recently changed from make offer to buy it now so a little early to tell. Also, facility for lease to own is only a few weeks old.

I'm happy with my experience so far and once some improvements are made it will be even better.

Regards,

Redd

•••
Sharing a Saturday morning inquiry and response for your enjoyment:

The inquiry came in from the Efty.com platform for one of my domains, which was: "Hey, what does a broke guy have to give to earn the right to own this domain? What's your fee?"

My response:

Hi Pat!

I'm honored you've chosen me to give some life advice to a Broke Guy (a friend of yours?)

Here's your first question you asked:
" Hey, what does a broke guy have to give to earn the right to own this domain?"

My answer:
As long as the broke guy is of legal age to make purchases, he does not have to give anything as he has already earned the right to own this domain or any domain, but it's really a matter of whether he could afford to own this or any domains. But the prudent thing would be to do is, for this person to save their money for food and petrol. After all you cannot eat domains and drive them! ;)

Your second question:
" What's your fee? "

My answer:
I assume you're now asking this for yourself. Well for you, and if you're not broke as well, the fee/cost for this domain name is $xxxx (plus, you cover the escrow.com fees).

Please let me know if you would like move forward with purchasing this domain.

Also, kindly let the broke guy know, I wish him the best of luck and hope things look up for him in the future.

Thank you for asking! :)

John

That was funny, there are so many crazy stories out there from inquiries. Good thread.

•••
Good evening.

Regards,

Reddstagg

That's a good point. Offering the lease to buy might be the smartest way to answer these kinds of inquiries although I doubt this guy will purchase anything with the way he phrased it.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back