Dynadot

poll From where you would like to buy domains, if you have 1000$ to invest ?

NameSilo
Watch

From where would you like to buy domains, if you have 1000$ to invest ?

• 37 votes
  • Ended 5 years ago
  • Final results

varmuk

Namox.comTop Member
Impact
Your valuable comments are most welcome

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I would concentrate here @ NamePros for 1k worth of names, your money will go a lot farther buying from here as opposed to auction houses.

•••
I would email owners of good names. I avoid auction, namepros, backorders etc because you have competition. Email owners of good names and your the only one going for the name.

•••
$1000 is just a sand in the desert.
Couldn't earn anything with only $1000, especially if you are a newbie.
Want to earn money from domain ? you have to buy more quality domains ( the average of sales ratio is 3%-5% of your total portfolio).
So if you have have at least $30k, you can consider. But if you have just 1k 10k,it's better to invest in stocks or in your knowledge about retailing industry than domaining.

•••
I'd do exactly what I'm doing now and buy domains at closeout and/or low-competition auctions (which is now starting to do quite well for me).

The trick is to take time to target really good names that have a high likelihood of getting missed by most other domainers. You'd be surprised how many great domains slip through the cracks every day!

To give you an idea, for a while last year I posted a lot of what I was acquiring in this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domains-you-won-at-auction-or-closeout.1050374/page-25

•••
Agreeing with @Ategy.com here.
With this budget, your best chances are with closeouts.

•••
I'd certainly forget about hand registrations these days. Your talking days of work just to find one or two maybes at best. Yes, Closeout auctions from drops if I was interested in putting another $1k. It will still take you a day of work to find the odd one or two potential goodies that haven't already been bid into the $xxx +

The issue really being have you got the Skill-Set to spot those goodies

•••
With this budget Handregs no doubt about that

•••
Want to earn money from domain ? you have to buy more quality domains ( the average of sales ratio is 3%-5% of your total portfolio).
So if you have have at least $30k, you can consider. But if you have just 1k 10k,it's better to invest in stocks or in your knowledge about retailing industry than domaining.

Totally disagree. Myth number one: It takes money to make money. Reality: It takes time and education to make money.

•••
I'd do exactly what I'm doing now and buy domains at closeout and/or low-competition auctions (which is now starting to do quite well for me).

The trick is to take time to target really good names that have a high likelihood of getting missed by most other domainers. You'd be surprised how many great domains slip through the cracks every day!

To give you an idea, for a while last year I posted a lot of what I was acquiring in this thread:
https://www.namepros.com/threads/domains-you-won-at-auction-or-closeout.1050374/page-25

How can i see daily new added domain in closeout?

•••

I disagree, I can make a 400% + ROI on far less than $1000, take a Look in the sales thread for proof. $1000 can easily be broken down into five parts and turned into 4K fairly easily. I have been doing it for a long time now, it works if a person puts in the work to make it happen.

I post very very very few sales on here as opposed to the number of sales I make, but I post the actual receipts of the sales I do post here @ NamePros

Some people are cool with disclosing all sales and income generated from domain names, sites and stuff, which is awesome, I like to more just contribute a sale here and there to the forum to participate, but there are some confirmed sales I have made in the thread that will prove my point on the 1k investment

Last edited:
•••
•••
I'd certainly forget about hand registrations these days. Your talking days of work just to find one or two maybes at best. Yes, Closeout auctions from drops if I was interested in putting another $1k. It will still take you a day of work to find the odd one or two potential goodies that haven't already been bid into the $xxx +

The issue really being have you got the Skill-Set to spot those goodies

Disagree, but it would take me too long to explain the reasoning, however there are some threads around here about hand reg names and ect

•••
It depends on domaining experience level.

I would not recommend a newbie domainer to invest any amount at this time.

If, however, the domainer is already familiar with basic tech stuff (what is redemption period, pending delete, how whois works, how dns works. What is a registry, registrar and registrant, etc) as well as with basic domainsales stuff (what marketplaces or escrow providers should be used, who should be avoided, who should be avoided at all costs, how to price domains etc) - then I would recommend the following.

1) Learn what is branding. How are brands created. What is good and what is not.

2) Select some niche you are well familiar with. Healthcare. Travel related business. Marketing. Anything where branding and domains are important. If you are familiar with this particular niche - then it would be an advantage.

3) Spend $1000 slowly and on quality domains from the niche selected above, using backorders and closeouts. Maybe some handregging - but carefully. Use your experience and understanding of this niche.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back