sales From $2,888 and $4,400 quote to $15,888 domain sale

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

AbdulBasit.com

DomainsWeb.comTop Member
AbdulBasit.com
Impact
Hi everyone,

It’s been a fantastic year for myself and I would call it one of the best year overall in terms of domaining.

Hope the post title doesn’t confuse any one as I want to clarify this at first. The price of $2,888 was quoted to inquirer A and $4,400 was quoted to inquirer B and finally the buyer who acquired the domain is different from them. Also the timings of all 3 price quotes differ very much from each other.

First, I would like to admit my mistake that I by mistake set the price of $2,888 for Digital-Identity.com after acquiring the domain around 3 years back. So when the first few inquiries came in, I quoted $2,888 without realizing too much of the set price. The domain didn’t got sold for $2,888 as the buyer wasn’t interested at that price.

In 2018, I received inquiry via DomainAgents where the buyer initially offered $3,321 to which I quoted $4,400. Buyer came back with $3,321 again without moving a little so I gave my final offer of $4,000. Eventually the domain wasn’t sold.

I was suppose to do repricing of domains which was long due and did the repricing around some time in 2018 during which I finally set the price of $15,888 for Digital-Identity.com. The new price was quoted to several inquirers including one interested buyer coming via Uniregistry broker with an offer of $5,000 which I happily declined. This inquiry came in mid 2018.

Fast forward to 25th December 2019, I received an email from Afternic saying the domain Digital-Identity.com sold for $15,888 at BIN.

So yes, I openly admit my mistake of setting the price very low in past and it can happen with any one. At least, I realized and changed to what I think was the right price to set for Digital-Identity.com and I’m very happy to sell this domain for what it sold for. Also this is my highest hyphenated domain sale.

Feel free to share your domain sales if you want and/or give your feedback on the above domain sale.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Congratulations once again on another outstanding sale and, thanks for providing the interesting and pertinent circumstances surrounding the sale!

You do have a natural eye for buying, pricing and selling domain names!

As has been mentioned, it is particularly noteworthy that the name is hyphenated and yet you were willing and able to hold on to the name while awaiting " your price ".

Again, a great sale and thanks for providing the backstory of the domain name.

That's the main reason for sharing in detail as I've seen over the years that my fellow domainers are somehow finding it helpful in one way or the other :joyful:

Will continue sharing in future as well (y)

•••
Congratulations dear friend @AbdulBasit.com

Your details always helpful to learn. I always learning something different from each of your post.

Keep sharing. As I promised you I will start sharing sooner or later.

Thanks

Thank you my friend :xf.smile:

Would love to see your sales detail in near future. I'm sure others would learn from your sales.

•••
Congratulations for your sale AbdulBasit!
You are the example of how to value correctly your domains and stay firm with your price.
A very good sale for a hyphenated domain, no doubt. Keep up the good work!

•••
Bro, your pricing of names setting industry standard imo.

Keep it up 👍

•••
Awesome sale my friend. Another lesson learned.

•••
Congrats @AbdulBasit.com, fantastic, that's another great sale. Happy for you !!
Goes to show that patience is indeed a virtue and that big returns are in big pricing.

•••
Bro, your pricing of names setting industry standard imo.

Keep it up 👍

Thanks!
We altogether set the market value and hope the domainers don't undervalue their domains in future.

•••
Hi everyone,

It’s been a fantastic year for myself and I would call it one of the best year overall in terms of domaining.

Hope the post title doesn’t confuse any one as I want to clarify this at first. The price of $2,888 was quoted to inquirer A and $4,400 was quoted to inquirer B and finally the buyer who acquired the domain is different from them. Also the timings of all 3 price quotes differ very much from each other.

First, I would like to admit my mistake that I by mistake set the price of $2,888 for Digital-Identity.com after acquiring the domain around 3 years back. So when the first few inquiries came in, I quoted $2,888 without realizing too much of the set price. The domain didn’t got sold for $2,888 as the buyer wasn’t interested at that price.

In 2018, I received inquiry via DomainAgents where the buyer initially offered $3,321 to which I quoted $4,400. Buyer came back with $3,321 again without moving a little so I gave my final offer of $4,000. Eventually the domain wasn’t sold.

I was suppose to do repricing of domains which was long due and did the repricing around some time in 2018 during which I finally set the price of $15,888 for Digital-Identity.com. The new price was quoted to several inquirers including one interested buyer coming via Uniregistry broker with an offer of $5,000 which I happily declined. This inquiry came in mid 2018.

Fast forward to 25th December 2019, I received an email from Afternic saying the domain Digital-Identity.com sold for $15,888 at BIN.

So yes, I openly admit my mistake of setting the price very low in past and it can happen with any one. At least, I realized and changed to what I think was the right price to set for Digital-Identity.com and I’m very happy to sell this domain for what it sold for. Also this is my highest hyphenated domain sale.

Feel free to share your domain sales if you want and/or give your feedback on the above domain sale.

Congratulations

•••
Looks like a hyphenated domain roller coaster ride. Many congratulations!

•••
hyphen domains are still hot

i knew it - i feel it

great sale

will share on Linkedin :xf.smile:

Last edited:
•••
what is spectacular for many of us, has become normal for you. congrats Basit & wish you more in 2020.

would you kindly guide us with the following in your free time

am i right if I say that all your domains are pointed to uni landing pages (make offers)? and bin set at dan, afternic, sedo, epik, etc. what is the minimum price you set for make offers

how often you change pricing of your domains, weekly monthly or quarterly.

meaningful ngtlds are also selling hot, would you invest or already invested in it
whats you are take on ngtlds?

current ngtlds opportunities are like goldrush considering all good .coms are already gone & there is fierce battle in .com expired domain auctions at DC where a newbie don't stand a chance. Hence, is it really wise for domain investors to ignore ngtlds & concentrate only on .com

what special about your domain pricing which ends with 888 :), others also use this pattern. what's the secret.

thanks in advance!

Last edited:
•••
Great Sells again,Conratulations... it proved again great key words have no issue with "-".....digital identity do represent a high value niche...Amazing.👍👍👍

•••
I was trying to find the right words to congratulate you on yet another great sale @AbdulBasit.com, and then @Q88MT3P said it perfectly!
what is spectacular for many of us, has become normal for you. congrats Basit & wish you more in 2020.
Thanks for all you contribute to domaining and NamePros.
Bob

•••
Thanks @AbdulBasit.com for sharing. Smart selling is what finally matters, and thanks for your tips.

•••
congrats @AbdulBasit.com on this closing 2019 sale, more greats sales come 2020.

•••
•••
•••

would you kindly guide us with the following in your free time

am i right if I say that all your domains are pointed to uni landing pages (make offers)? and bin set at dan, afternic, sedo, epik, etc. what is the minimum price you set for make offers

how often you change pricing of your domains, weekly monthly or quarterly.

meaningful ngtlds are also selling hot, would you invest or already invested in it
whats you are take on ngtlds?

current ngtlds opportunities are like goldrush considering all good .coms are already gone & there is fierce battle in .com expired domain auctions at DC where a newbie don't stand a chance. Hence, is it really wise for domain investors to ignore ngtlds & concentrate only on .com

what special about your domain pricing which ends with 888 :), others also use this pattern. what's the secret.

thanks in advance!

I highly appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much!

But seriously speaking, I feel as happy as anyone and I take every sale of mine as valuable as one should take it.

I'm happy to answer your questions but going through that many, I thought why not I should start AMA (Ask Me Anything) where everyone can ask me anything :D

Yes, all my domains are pointed to Uni landers make offers. Also I recently listed with Dan but none of the offers are serious one. Also all the domains are listed at Sedo and Afternic with almost all domains having BIN.

Minimum price I set varies but usually when it's $1988 or $2988 BIN so the minimum also is the same. When the BIN is $12888 so the minimum is $6888 or $9888.

I'll be repricing my domains next year after around 1 year or so.

I don't invest in ngTLDs and won't be doing in future too. The best and safest is .com so I don't bother for other extensions even though there is high competition but the reward is the most fruitful.

I've no idea what's the secret for others for using 88/888 at the end. Also I don't follow others in this regard. But I use it for several reasons like not to end with round figure. Makes the buyer think it's somewhat calculated according to market.

•••
I highly appreciate your kind words. Thank you so much!

But seriously speaking, I feel as happy as anyone and I take every sale of mine as valuable as one should take it.

I'm happy to answer your questions but going through that many, I thought why not I should start AMA (Ask Me Anything) where everyone can ask me anything :D

Yes, all my domains are pointed to Uni landers make offers. Also I recently listed with Dan but none of the offers are serious one. Also all the domains are listed at Sedo and Afternic with almost all domains having BIN.

Minimum price I set varies but usually when it's $1988 or $2988 BIN so the minimum also is the same. When the BIN is $12888 so the minimum is $6888 or $9888.

I don't invest in ngTLDs and won't be doing in future too. The best and safest is .com so I don't bother for other extensions even though there is high competition but the reward is the most fruitful.

I've no idea what's the secret for others for using 88/888 at the end. Also I don't follow others in this regard. But I use it for several reasons like not to end with round figure. Makes the buyer think it's somewhat calculated according to market.
Actually I have a question for you Abdul...

You have your portfolio listed on your own private website, as well as on various marketplaces. With the domains not being directed directly to your private site do you still get the occasional sale there?

If so - in those cases do you think it is just someone browsing your site and they see a domain they like?

Last edited:
•••
I was trying to find the right words to congratulate you on yet another great sale @AbdulBasit.com, and then @Q88MT3P said it perfectly!

Thanks for all you contribute to domaining and NamePros.
Bob

Thank you so much as always Bob!

I think @Q88MT3P said it too good for me :-D but I take every sale very seriously and give as much value like any. I just recalled my first domain sale which was of Argentina.cc for $740 in 2011. That special moment in my life I can still remember :xf.love:

•••
Actually I have a question for you Abdul...

You have your portfolio listed on your own private website, as well as on various marketplaces. With the domains not being directed directly to your private site do you still get the occasional sale there?

If so - in those cases do you think it is just someone browsing your site and they see a domain they like?

Are you referring to DomainsWeb.com and/or AbdulBasit.com?

If yes, I rarely get any inquiry via both sites and have never sold through them. But yes, building those sites especially AbdulBasit.com have given lot of authority and trust among the endusers who many times have transferred the domain at first before I've sent them funds when both parties are happy not to use any escrow service.

Although domain haven't sold directly via those sites but the trust and built good relationships I've got matters the most to me.

•••
Are you referring to DomainsWeb.com and/or AbdulBasit.com?

If yes, I rarely get any inquiry via both sites and have never sold through them. But yes, building those sites especially AbdulBasit.com have given lot of authority and trust among the endusers who many times have transferred the domain at first before I've sent them funds when both parties are happy not to use any escrow service.

Although domain haven't sold directly via those sites but the trust and built good relationships I've got matters the most to me.
I was referring to DomainsWeb.com.

Absolutely agree - even if sales aren't made it brings value elsewhere.

Thanks for answering my question.

•••
Everything I've always wanted to know.

Especially this part
Thank you both and congratulations on your sales.

I've always liked Uni's vertical landers like black.com for one reason:
They instill confidence.

Are all your domains registered at Uni?

•••
@AbdulBasit.com also are they set on
make offer only.
or make offer + bin.

vertical layout make offer.
or vertical layout submit inquiry and get price quote.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back