NameSilo

FREE One-File Landing Page for Mulitple Domains

Labeled as FREE in More Free Stuff, started by mr-x, Nov 20, 2018

Replies:
Views:

1. mr-x

mr-x Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

In php, $_SERVER super global will have the name of the server and http host, https://www.php.net/manual/en/reserved.variables.server.php

For google analytics, your solution is the easiest but you could also set the host / domain using javascript.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. mr-x

My page won't work with wordpress but a plugin would.

I'm busy for the next few weeks but have wanted to learn more about wordpress. I'll get back to you and if anyone is still interested in testing / giving feedback, we can work on writing a plugin.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2021
  3. zeff

zeff Established Member

Many thanks for your answer @mr-x (y)
    As wordpress is used quite a bit on the web, I might not be the only one interested in such a plugin.

4. mr-x

I've written plugins for wp before but never used it to build a website. Something I've been wanting to do so maybe this is the time.

5. john888

john888 Established Member

Thanks, I will check that. URL Parameters are not search engine friendly at all. I am not getting any keyword searches from Google and only direct from my domain names. Wordpress now comes with Gutenberg editor Block Builder which is very good with no bloated coding like the page builders. Someone could make money from developing a plugin. I am sure there is a great demand for this. Those wanting to set up their own should look into Google Cloud hosting since it is very fast and cheap if you have low band width. Youtube has examples of setting up your own instances.

6. mr-x

I have some time, this is something I'm interested in. If you two are willing to help me define what is needed I'll start working on it in the evenings.

I'll host the project on github and make it available to anyone who wants to use it. Please include your ideas that don't fit int the list below in a separate post. If it's OK with you, we can discuss the entire project in public so others have a chance to contribute. Should be a blast.
    --

1) What do you expect the plugin / website to do?
    short description, one or two paragraphs
    2) Requirements:
    What are the minimum requirements for a working demo? Express each item in a single sentence, like A form to enter domain names, Send email
    3) Three things you would love to have. Single sentence for each item.

--
    Is this a simple landing page builder or a website for selling domains?

Are there any API's you want to integrate with?

There are a few websites that you can point your domains to and get a simple landing page but you can't collect stats. Would you prefer a self hosted solution or a hosted solution?

Peace!

Last edited: Sep 19, 2021 at 4:04 PM
  7. mr-x

Three alternatives to word press:

builder.io
    sliverstripe.com ( good form builder, good code base, could integrate with builder.io )
    impresspages.org ( includes a form builder, page builder, good code base )

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
Topics / Tags:
biix
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice