IT.COM

Free Forum Software?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey can someone tell me if there are any free forums out there? Are they hard to install? Dont know much about forums so any info is appreciated.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Haha, Forumer is a forum host, and a bad one at that.

•••
They are not at all difficult to install.

All you will hav to do is register for a forum in that particular site and then edit it.

That is all it gets. Simple is it not?

http://hyperboards.com is one of such kind.

There are more forums and you can search them in Google

•••
I'll say phpBB as well. :tu:

•••
I'm a huge fan of Invision Power Board...

definiately go with 1.3

•••
I'd go for simple machines forum myself. Easy to install, easy to update and even a lot of mods for it are easy to install thru the package manager. Quite a few skins are available and plenty of tutorials available to create your own skin.

•••
IPB if you can get it free, otherwise SMF (Simple Machines) - both of them are good.

•••
I would say phpBB which is free, open sourced and easier to setup.

•••
phpBB, definitely (for free ones). highly customizable!

But I remembered seeing this crack for vBulletin that you can get to use it free. phpBB's one thing, vBulletin's another level

•••
I like PhpBB Plus 1.5 because it has many mods pre-installed, easy to use and it can now beat vBulletin also. B-)

•••
ANy forum creation software which allows to edit the forum option on your own pc
Means customize it locally and then upload using the same software

•••
When u do edit in forum options, it directly influences database also. So if you want to edit forum options locally, export database structure(phpmyadmin can be used) with data also from your local server to Internet server.

•••
www.mybb.com, phpbb.com, and invisionfree.com are some of the best free forum software providers out there.

•••
I'd go for phpbb as well. Lots of new mods to choose from also new designs.

•••
alanpaladka said:
When u do edit in forum options, it directly influences database also. So if you want to edit forum options locally, export database structure(phpmyadmin can be used) with data also from your local server to Internet server.
Can u suggest any all in one software , which can manage and do it all.

Secondly can i download PHPBB with Mods Preinstalled ?
if yes then from where?

•••
vivsin said:
Can u suggest any all in one software , which can manage and do it all.

Secondly can i download PHPBB with Mods Preinstalled ?
if yes then from where?
You can use PhpBB itself. It's in your hand.
For answer to your second question, please visit this topic http://www.namepros.com/showthread.php?t=132121

•••
•••
Invision power board has limitations on the number of posts, members. Phpbb doesnt have any as such.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back