Dynadot

Frank Schilling - Uni - Uniregistry Announces Domain Liquidity

NameSilo
Watch
Did you ever dream about selling your entire domain portfolio?
Well now here is your chance!

Pretty big News in my honest opinion.

@Frank.Schilling / Uni Announces Domain Liquidity.
Domain Portfolio acquisitions...

https://twitter.com/Frank_Schilling/status/1132796141400207360

Domain Portfolio Submittal Form - HERE

Pretty huge news since nobody else in the Industry offers this outright.

Nobody else in the Industry offers this outright.
This could be an Industry game changer here.

Best of luck to Frank, Uni and of course to all domainers submitting their domain portfolios for sale.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Being able to sell your entire portfolio is an important part of

domain name industry

Infrastructure

Even to use as a valuation tool to have at a domain name investor's disposal knowing that they can liquidate their portfolio for a fixed price which allows a person to use their portfolio as an asset to sell ure finance against etc or to sell a % of your portfolio for a set price which would give a valuation of the complete portfolio etc

It's only a matter of time before banks start to buy % of people's domain name portfolio's etc based on uni valuation of a person's portfolio etc

•••
Even to use as a valuation tool to have at a domain name investor's disposal knowing that they can liquidate their portfolio for a fixed price which allows a person to use their portfolio as an asset to sell ure finance against etc or to sell a % of your portfolio for a set price which would give a valuation of the complete portfolio etc

This is a great statement. I agree 100%.

Knowing the value someone else would pay immediately for your entire portfolio in case you needed to liquidate is incredibly valuable knowledge.

Now that option is finally there for us as domainers. Coming from a large reputable MarketPlace and from one of the most reputable domainers out there is a big deal.

•••
They will only pay cents on the dollar.
Now if they put the portfolio up for public bids then it would be fair to the seller.

So Uni offers 10k for the portfolio, the domainer thinks it's too low. Put it up for auction and final is 28k bid. Now Uni gets a commission and everyone is happy.

Now reality ....

Only GoDaddy is set up to be able to accomplish a task like this. Maybe Sedo too but the advantage would go to godaddy.

@Joe Styler would be the best to comment on that but I think godaddy needs to jump on something similar.

•••
They will only pay cents on the dollar.
Now if they put the portfolio up for public bids then it would be fair to the seller.

So Uni offers 10k for the portfolio, the domainer thinks it's too low. Put it up for auction and final is 28k bid. Now Uni gets a commission and everyone is happy.

Now reality ....

Only GoDaddy is set up to be able to accomplish a task like this. Maybe Sedo too but the advantage would go to godaddy.

@Joe Styler would be the best to comment on that but I think godaddy needs to jump on something similar.

Exactly, most likely pennies. But maybe not, we do need to see some examples, but the key in their release, Uniregistry now facilitates the wholesale purchase of high quality domain names. Why is anyone owning HIGH QUALITY names selling for wholesale prices? They are going to get spammed a bunch of what @DomainKing would call pigeon shit.

•••
Interesting, I submitted 4-5 names just to see how this works.

Response got:

Thank you for your entry! Due to the volume of inbound submissions we are not currently able to reply to each individual user. We will contact you via the contact information provided if your names qualify for our service. Please allow 2-3 weeks for a response.

Thank you!

-The Uniregistry Marketing Team

•••
In reality they are looking for valuable names from a person who needs money now for a massive bargain. Majority of what is submitted will be rejected.

I hope if anyone gets more than chump change from them they will be able to post about it. There will probably be an NDA to prohibit that.

I would not get too excited or consider it a game changer unless you have top names you want to liquidate at any cost. And even people needing money would be smart to hold onto their best names and drop the rest.

Sorry but I am skeptical.

•••
Such "Domain Liquidity" may exist, but only by 3 ways.

Way 1. They buy only very premium and ultra-premium .com .net .org
Way 2. They buy good names, but for very little Pennies.
Way 3. They only declare their "liqudity", but story is the same like with "top coin" and their own extensions like .rich

•••
In reality they are looking for valuable names from a person who needs money now for a massive bargain. Majority of what is submitted will be rejected

Also my opinion.

•••
It would be interesting to see how much Uniregistry would be willing to pay for a portfolio of the same nTLDs that Uinregistry normally promotes to domain investors.

$25k invested in NTLDs and Uniregistry is willing to pay X for the portfolio....

•••
Something tells me the downside payout will be as extreme as the upside asking prices of Uniregistry ,they are basically probably looking for diamonds in the rough ,via copy and paste ,Frank has a good eye for what will sell and price,thing to keep in mind is the domains that you value at the top of your portfolio ,can be hand regged by FS with the tools and knowledge that he naturally has and learned over the years. all this is ,is a way to scoop up a whole portfolio that one domain will pay for. also ,for example some domains that were worth very little a couple years ago ,are blowing up because of new technology. But this can be a great exit strategy to get out of the revolving door scenario of buying names regularly not selling that many and mass renewal fees,were better off owning less of better domains,because weather your domains are worth 1 dollar or 1 million dollars renewals are 9 bucks a clip

Last edited:
•••
That's going to be interesting. Now, I feel legit sorry for the team who's gonna be in charge of evaluating the domains, going through thousands of thousands of worthless junks in effort to sift through for the diamonds.

But it's a great development for the domain industry. The prospect of being able to sell your entire portfolio for quick cash is invaluable.

Last edited:
•••
Instead of assuming, why don't you guys submit your portfolio and see what is offered.

•••
I think it's not guaranteed "domain liquidity", it's just "we buy it if we like". Namepros request thread.

•••
like I said every domain portfolio with quantity and age has domains that have ripened that’s the ones their looking for,they will be included in lists because owners consider them stale ,I now have multiple inquiry’s and offers on some domains that haven’t received any interest in 15 years,this is not new either godaddy reviewed my portfolio about 8 years ago

•••
I might test it. Interesting, what they'd offer for a portfolio that brings in $10K+ /month.

•••
Interesting, I submitted 4-5 names just to see how this works.

Response got:

I might test it. Interesting, what they'd offer for a portfolio that brings in $10K+ /month.

It would be great to hear any responses either of you get.

The more I think about it, the more it does intrigue me as well. Doubt I will submit my portfolio but it is tempting.

Best of luck to you both

•••
Sent mine with a price of $2 million which is actually fair. Although I didn’t include the majority of my domains, it shouldn’t matter.

•••
Sent mine with a price of $2 million which is actually fair. Although I didn’t include the majority of my domains, it shouldn’t matter.
Thing is you probably left the great ones out ,that’s what most would do and probably see only a 50 buck per name offer if they were good

•••
I guess domains parked with uniregistry would have an advantage, or disadvantage, as they could see traffic, leads, and past offers, or lack of offers.

•••
This is just a marketing ploy so they can get their eyes on single or multiples domains before they are offered for sale on a general marketplace at a higher price.

You'll make far more money just putting your whole portfolio on eBay

•••
Frank is low ball guy so dont see any reason for hapiness here.
He will pay you max 5% of domain value and will list it for sell with 5000% margin.

•••
This is a great statement. I agree 100%.

Knowing the value someone else would pay immediately for your entire portfolio in case you needed to liquidate is incredibly valuable knowledge.

Now that option is finally there for us as domainers. Coming from a large reputable MarketPlace and from one of the most reputable domainers out there is a big deal.

When half a dozen or so domain name registrars and or domain name investors value a person's domain name portfolio at approximately similar prices etc this will lead to pawnbrokers entering the domain name industry and will effectively give domain name investors the ability to raise funds from their portfolio without seeing any domain in their portfolio and pawnbrokers will be able to liquidate a domain name and or portfolio within
24 hrs thus giving them the confidence to lend more frequently which can only be good for the industry as a whole

The industry could do with a few more Estibot and godaddy govalue s so that domain name investors can get a more accurate valuation etc

Perhaps even a uniregistry free to use domain name valuation website would be good and a sedo domain name valuation website but they must be free to use

Estibot would get more domain name data if it scrapped it's 2 domains a day limit etc and make it an unlimited free to use service

•••
Uniregistry tries to sell even a useless name at $$$$$

Surely they will offer peanuts if we submit names. I did go ahead and submit my 50+ names, not to sell but just to play around :xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh::xf.laugh:

•••
Back