Domain Empire

.fr

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Best and Cheapest registrar for .Fr domains.

I haven't been able to find any information anywhere about .FR domains. All of the registrars prices are all over the place and none of them seem very reliable.

Any help would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
Good French IDNs do very well. I just sold one for $250 (télésanté.com). My best traffic is to Russian IDNs. My best sellers are French IDNs.

I did not know that .fr allowed IDNs? When did this happen?

•••
you should take a look before register a .fr domain:

charter-fr

•••
.fr do NOT allow IDN yet (but the .com in french script, yes)

deletedfr.com : not up to date and that's normal. The delete date isn't even shown on whois for .fr domains. This list must have been made manually. To follow, however.

•••
The renewal date (day/month) is available for French names
check 'Date anniversaire' in whois.

I am not sure if there is a redemption period for .fr.

•••
sdsinc said:
I am not sure if there is a redemption period for .fr.

They are planning something like this in the future, it's going to be poorly implemented without doubt though.

guix said:
.fr do NOT allow IDN yet (but the .com in french script, yes)

deletedfr.com : not up to date and that's normal. The delete date isn't even shown on whois for .fr domains. This list must have been made manually. To follow, however.

.fr will allow IDN's shortly, they are trying to figure it out atm as far as I recall.

Deletedfr.com is about 30 days behind.

•••
sdsinc said:
The renewal date (day/month) is available for French names
check 'Date anniversaire' in whois.
Thanks for this information. It's not available from all .fr domains though. Exemple voyages.fr doesn't show this date (it shows update dates however). Maybe the domains registred by companies don't show the renewal date whereas it's available for domains registred by individuals ?

For IDNs yes I read it was on the way, for the redemption I didn't know so thanks !

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back