IT.COM

.fr

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Best and Cheapest registrar for .Fr domains.

I haven't been able to find any information anywhere about .FR domains. All of the registrars prices are all over the place and none of them seem very reliable.

Any help would be appreciated.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
europeregistry.com €49 for dot fr

For the purpose of submitting a .FR domain name application, a SIREN/SIRET number must be supplied during the domain name application process that is associated with the French Corporate entity.

•••
Yah I think dotman is right with his thought and I think it would help a lot

•••
dotman said:
europeregistry.com €49 for dot fr

For the purpose of submitting a .FR domain name application, a SIREN/SIRET number must be supplied during the domain name application process that is associated with the French Corporate entity.
The information is outdated. Now the requirements for .fr have been relaxed.
Individuals may apply but you need an address in France.
You can try Gandi for .fr
12 euros VAT excl.
http://www.gandi.net/

•••
I know that a lot of registrars will allow you to use their po box in France for no extra charge.

•••
EURODNS.com is one of the cheapest for .fr if you don`t speak France.

•••
italiandragon said:
EURODNS.com is one of the cheapest for .fr if you don`t speak France.

What's the cheapest if you speak French? I do.

•••
•••
Just dont invest in .fr domains it has no values, im french myself and i can promise you u wont make any money

•••
cchaal said:
Just dont invest in .fr domains it has no values, im french myself and i can promise you u wont make any money

I can promise you will if you know what you're doing.

•••
cchaal said:
It's the funniest statement I've read today :)

•••
How is the market/traffic for french IDN's with the .com ext? Anyone had much success with these?

•••
artfuldodger said:
How is the market/traffic for french IDN's with the .com ext? Anyone had much success with these?

I had very little traffic to the very few French I bought. Reason being: CRAP names.

Other names that I got help with are doing VERY well. The growth in terms of users/PPC revenue in 1 year has just been something I can't believe. I'm curious to see what'll happen to my bank account in 2-4 years.

•••
cchaal said:
I can promise you that you are wrong. :)

•••
Would you be wiling to list any of your successful frenchkeyword.com sites? Also, when you say you received help do you mean consulted with a native speaker? I'm just wondering what the potential is for these types of names and if I should try to find some good ones. Any advice you have is appreciated.

•••
artfuldodger said:
It is already difficult to sell good (non-IDN) French names because the French aftermaket is not very lively. IDNs are a novelty for the French so you would have to be very patient if you are looking to resell them.
I think IDNs may take off for Far East languages like Japanese or Chinese but I'm skeptical about the future of IDNs in French language.
Presently IDNs are not available under .fr which is at least as popular as .com in France, so the public is not accustomed to IDNs. I would avoid French IDNs.

•••
sdsinc said:
I would avoid French IDNs.

It's already to late, but this might still work: Or buy premiums now for cheaper prices and make it an investment.

People said to avoid IDNs a little over a year ago, and now a lot are getting into the market when they are "semi" popular. With IDNs selling at about ~70K now for prime keywords, it might be worth to just buy something that worth it and hold. If it hits, you hit big in the future instead of having to buy crappy domains later when they are fully accepted. Hope I somewhat made sense. Better take a chance now then regret it in the future (this doesn't only go for French, but for all other languages as well).

•••
So, what is the cheapest registrar that offers a local contact address for US residents? Eurodns does not. The cheapest thing I see on here is €49. Is that really the cheapest that someone from the US can get a .FR name for without a French address?

•••
Sleepys said:
The cheapest thing I see on here is €49. Is that really the cheapest that someone from the US can get a .FR name for without a French address?

No, $15 pricing or check link below.

•••
Thank a lot for the link. +Rep Added.

I was looking at the pricing, and it says ".fr 1 year $15 USD, Change-Owner $15" Does this mean that it is going to be $30 all together if I use their address? Or does it mean that it costs an additional $15 to transfer it to someone else?

Thanks

•••
Sleepys said:
Thank a lot for the link. +Rep Added.

I was looking at the pricing, and it says ".fr 1 year $15 USD, Change-Owner $15" Does this mean that it is going to be $30 all together if I use their address? Or does it mean that it costs an additional $15 to transfer it to someone else?

Thanks

change owner = sell the domain within duration of 1 year registration and only change owner, no transfer

If you transfer the domain to e.g. godaddy (and/or change owner), duration will be begin again and you will be charged by godaddy with $xx

•••
Thanks. It looks like indotco.us is the place. I guess I don't have to worry about the fee for transfering it to Godaddy or anywhere, since the whole point is the indotco address.

Thanks again :)

Wait, I just checked, indotco doesn't seem to have .fr available to reg. Am I missing something?

Last edited:
•••
Sleepys said:
Wait, I just checked, indotco doesn't seem to have .fr available to reg. Am I missing something? Anywhere else?

Sorry, wasn't activated after update :(

Now available :)

•••
Ok, it is there now. I see it when I click on register a name, it is on the drop down menu there. FYI it is still not on the drop down menu on the home page.

So, you work for indotco?

•••
Sleepys said:
Ok, it is there now. I see it when I click on register a name, it is on the drop down menu there. FYI it is still not on the drop down menu on the home page.

So, you work for indotco?

Yes.

seems to be not available........

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back