NameSilo

FP.tv Sells for $3,000

Labeled as .tv in Domain Selling and Domain Sales, started by equity78, Jan 16, 2015

Replies:
Views:

1. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Claude Dauman - Domains 90210 Tweeted out that he sold FP.tv for $3,000 at NamesCon.

Claude said that this was a special promotional price. Claude said it was a customer that had purchased before so they got an additional discount.

Non premium renewal.

Congrats to Claude and the buyer.

The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
  2. Jim Holleran

Jim Holleran Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats on the sale! Seems quite cheap though, did it have a premium renewal?

3. Ammudamus

Ammudamus Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Congrats Claude! Very cheap in my opinion too.

A

4. equity78

equity78 Top Member TheDomains Staff TLDInvestors.com PRO VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

There was no premium renewal, Claude said when he goes to conferences he likes to offer some promotional prices, this was also a repeat customer.

5. Jim Holleran

Jim Holleran Established Member ★★★★★★★★★★

It's all about ROI so congrats again, I am sure he did a good ROI.

6. Ammudamus

Ammudamus Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Either way, it's great news! ROI is ROI!

A

7. FPForum

FPForum Top Contributor VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Maybe he was in Vegas and needed some quick cash :D

Personally, I think this one went way too cheap. As others have said, a return on investment is still a return so if he made money you can't complain about that. Great snatch for the buyer though!

8. claudedauman

claudedauman VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Thank you for your comments.

It was a really great deal at $3,000 and I did realize a nice profit. Keep in mind it was $3,000 net. If it sold through a brokerage house, that may have equated to a $3,300 - $3,600 sale price, after commissions.

Some businesses offer trade discounts, in some cases 40% or so. I like to have the opportunity to work with fellow domainers. If I can offer excellent deals to a resellers and still make a nice profit, I can create a larger customer base.

Everyone has their own motivations and strategies. I like to move product, develop relationships and to make people happy. The less emotionally attached I am to any of my domain names in my portfolio, the better. There are always opportunities to find new opportunities and to capitalize on them.

I very much like to have special promotions at trade shows. I sold ElectronicCigarette (tv) at the last Traffic show in Vegas (I wasn't able to attend the show in Miami as I had a previous commitment in Paris). I want domainers to know that they too can profit from the domain names in my portfolio.

If you are a domainer and you see a domain name, in my portfolio, which you would like to have, reach out and let me know that you are a reseller. I will always do my best to accommodate you :)

9. WannaBeDomainInvestor

WannaBeDomainInvestor Established Member

$3k for a 2 letter dot tv, what a great deal. I hope to some day find a buy like that I can be proud of.

10. claudedauman

claudedauman VIP Member VIP ★★★★★★★★★★

Today might be that day. We believe in a pricing model which makes our domain names appealing to both resellers and end users. There's a link to our portfolio in my signature. You're sure to find some amazing deals on some really great names.

I'm happy the buyer of FP got a great deal and I'd be very pleased to offer you a great deal too.

Claude

Want to reply or ask your own question?

It only takes a minute to sign up – and it's free!
NameWorth
  1. NamePros uses cookies and similar technologies. By using this site, you are agreeing to our privacy policy, terms, and use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice