IT.COM

information Forbes Article About Domain Names

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Silentptnr

Domains88.comTop Member
Impact
Came across an interesting little article in Forbes about domain names being valuable from a few days ago.

It's interesting to read outside the domain blogs, etc. about domain names.

I am not familiar with the author but based on the article, it seems he is a domain broker.

Anyway, thought I would share this..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/forbes...sing-the-value-of-a-domain-name/#a2503f31a30c

The article also mentions a group "Forbes Technology Council" and there is a link to see if you qualify. Sounds like some nice connections if you can get in. Maybe someone knows about this.

If someone has already posted about this, let me know.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
By the way, I search "domain name" on Google, then I click the "News" link in the top menu.

So much talk about domain names!

Taking it a step further,
keeping this relevant to forbes articles,
and search google news for
<< domain names site:forbes.com >>

2020:

Paid Council Post - What you can do if a squatter is sitting on your domain [Jeffrey Gabriel]

Paid Council Post - How to become a domain broker [Michael Gargiulo]

**Contributor Group - How Did VeriSign Manage 150%+ Stock Price Growth In Last 3 Years With Very Little Revenue Growth? [Trefis Team]

Forbes Staff - There Are Now More Than 40,000 ‘High-Risk’ COVID-19 Threats On The Web [Thomas Brewster]

Contributor - Scammers Use Coronavirus Fear In New Ways To Take Your Money [Wayne Rash]

Contributor - Website Owners Beware: DHS Just Seized This Innocent Domain—Yours Could Be Next [Zak Doffman]

2018:
Forbes Staff - Domain Name Do's and Dont's [Denis Pinsky]

Last edited:
•••

2020:

Paid Council Post - What you can do if a squatter is sitting on your domain [Jeffrey Gabriel]

Paid Council Post - How to become a domain broker [Michael Gargiulo]

**Contributor Group - How Did VeriSign Manage 150%+ Stock Price Growth In Last 3 Years With Very Little Revenue Growth? [Trefis Team]

Forbes Staff - There Are Now More Than 40,000 ‘High-Risk’ COVID-19 Threats On The Web [Thomas Brewster]

Contributor - Scammers Use Coronavirus Fear In New Ways To Take Your Money [Wayne Rash]

Contributor - Website Owners Beware: DHS Just Seized This Innocent Domain—Yours Could Be Next [Zak Doffman]

2018:
Forbes Staff - Domain Name Do's and Dont's [Denis Pinsky]
Nice!

•••
Nice find, I always thought about creating a whole package with the social media handles as well but I'm still not sure it it is better for the user to get the username than get that domain to match or bundle it together so they're forced to get it.

The other main problem is creating multiple accounts requires usually multiple phone numbers for verification & still have a chance of getting banned for potentially being bots if they go inactive right after.

Dan has an option to offer the usernames with the domain & showcase it on the lander.

•••
•••
•••

Excellent:xf.wink::xf.wink:

•••
I really like how the author is eclipsed by Michael Hollywood Ripper Gargiulo on SERP.

Are there people who changed their name in a similar situation? Lazy to do a search from scratch :(

•••
Wonder what the "Paid Program" is all about..? Geared towards PR authors to post? eg, fee oriented..

Point is pay + get backlink from Forbes.

•••
•••
Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Hyphenated domains are very popular in Germany.
Yes, but in this case the article is not on about .de's:
For example, variations of the domain "mystore.com" might be "my-store.com" or "mystore.net.” By acquiring close variations of a domain and selling them all as a package, you ensure the buyer is getting all of the available traffic from the name.

•••
Came across an interesting little article in Forbes about domain names being valuable from a few days ago.

I am not familiar with the author but based on the article, it seems he is a domain broker.

The article also mentions a group "Forbes Technology Council" and there is a link to see if you qualify. Sounds like some nice connections if you can get in. Maybe someone knows about this.

David aka Silentptnr ....i believe there's a tie between you and Teradomain for being the nicest domainer:xf.smile: I won't go into why, but you sir are a officer domainer and a gentlemen.

Ironically I connected via Linkedin with both Michael G. of VPN and Jeff G. of SAW within the last 12 months. These guys are two different talents, but talents just the same. Michael G. is a Bulldog and was involved in most everything sports at the University of Georgia...even cheer leading. As for Jeff, he's been around the domain industry longer than Michael, but after listening to him in an interview I'd really like to talk with him about "outbound" marketing.

Finally, you may have heard me talking about subjective scoring for everything from "domains" to "ideas", and if anyone else is interested please reach out(y) Thanks again.

Last edited:
•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back