IT.COM

advice For a geek site, which name do you prefer?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

danielwerner

Impact
Which one of these do you prefer? It should be for a site about geek stuff, like inspirational geek stuff you see and instantly want to have. You know. :)

geekhunger.com (hunger doesn't have to be about food, right?)
geekcraving.com
geekcravings.com (craving or cravings? For a non-native english speaker, which would you use in this case?)
geekwatcher.com

A huge thanks in advance for you advice. :)

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I suggest you look harder to find the right name.

But to pick one, GeekWatcher.

•••
I suggest you look harder to find the right name.
Haha, I've been looking hard for MONTHS. Everything is taken for .com domains, and I'm on the verge of giving up.

I'm not looking for a name which I can sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'm just looking for something which sounds pretty nice and not lame. :)

•••
I got the impression that the domain will be used to develop, right ?

•••
I got the impression that the domain will be used to develop, right ?
Not sure what you mean, but develop like in develop a website about geek stuff - yes. Pretty much like a blog. Not develop my own geek stuff and sell.

•••
•••
Yes I was referring to building a website.

Though, I got a different impression when you mentioned this..
I'm not looking for a name which I can sell for hundreds of thousands of dollars, I'm just looking for something which sounds pretty nice and not lame. :)

•••
like inspirational geek stuff you see and instantly want to have.
By "geek stuff" are you meaning traditional geek stuff or basically "eGeek" stuff? They are similar but slighly different in that an eGeek is an electronics enthusiast basically.

If you are meaning electronic gadgets, computers and other consumer electronics then you could go with a domain that has "eGeek" in the name. Google "egeek" and you can find the definition in the results with definitions at urbandictionary.com and geekdictionary.com as well as a few others.

There are a lot of good eGeek domains out there.

•••
By "geek stuff" are you meaning traditional geek stuff or basically "eGeek" stuff? They are similar but slighly different in that an eGeek is an electronics enthusiast basically.

If you are meaning electronic gadgets, computers and other consumer electronics then you could go with a domain that has "eGeek" in the name. Google "egeek" and you can find the definition in the results with definitions at urbandictionary.com and geekdictionary.com as well as a few others.

There are a lot of good eGeek domains out there.
I think I mean the traditional geek stuff. Models, figures, figurines, board games. That stuff. Also some electronic gadgets I guess, but mostly traditional. :)

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back