Dynadot

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FogCommerce.com
my latest fog name

•••
•••
•••
Received an offer on cafog .com. We will see...

•••
registered some fog domains..please tell whether they are good to hold or just a crap...

FOGinvoice/com
FOGinvoices/com
FOGinvoicing/com
Fogging/cc
Fogging/es

•••
registered some fog domains..please tell whether they are good to hold or just a crap...

FOGinvoice/com
FOGinvoices/com
FOGinvoicing/com
Fogging/cc
Fogging/es
anybody???

•••
FOGinvoice/com
FOGinvoices/com
FOGinvoicing/com
Fogging/cc
Fogging/es

Stick to keywords directly related to Fog Computing, these will be hard to sell, also with tech niches, avoid other extensions like CC etc

•••
Stick to keywords directly related to Fog Computing, these will be hard to sell, also with tech niches, avoid other extensions like CC etc
so
FOGinvoice/com
FOGinvoices/com
FOGinvoicing/com

are good to hold???

•••
I would let them go, they are newly registered so you might be able to grace delete for credit

•••
anybody???

My opinion is the better Fog names have been registered for awhile now. If your looking to invest in this niche, I believe your best approach would be the aftermarket & to find what domains you feel to be undervalued. Grab those you like and hold till the demand is there. IMO

•••
I would let them go, they are newly registered so you might be able to grace delete for credit
ok.....I see Golf.ae is ur domain....are they worthy???and where can I register for low price??

•••
ok.....I see Golf.ae is ur domain....are they worthy???and where can I register for low price??

No, I will be honest with you, they are not easy to sell unless if you have really strong keywords and they are all gone years ago, unless you are prepared to pay high xxx or x,xxx for a name, I wouldn't bother. You also have to understand the .ae market and i have contacts in Abu Dhabi and Dubai who do a lot of the groundwork for me. I have been involved with .AE names for about 0 years now

Stick to .COM or at least cctld that you are familiar with

•••
No, I will be honest with you, they are not easy to sell unless if you have really strong keywords and they are all gone years ago, unless you are prepared to pay high xxx or x,xxx for a name, I wouldn't bother. You also have to understand the .ae market and i have contacts in Abu Dhabi and Dubai who do a lot of the groundwork for me. I have been involved with .AE names for about 0 years now

Stick to .COM or at least cctld that you are familiar with
I see a 2letter .ae for sale on sedo and just checked namebio good no of sales.....if i want to invest in .ae can I go for 2letter.ae???whats ur opinion for that??

•••
Only names that make sense, like TV.ae sold for $95k recently, but those sales dont happen all the time

You really need to know the market, you cant just email people there like you email end-users with a .com

I mean if you bought DF.ae, who would you sell it to? Yo would have to sit on it and wait for someone to come to you

•••
Only names that make sense, like TV.ae sold for $95k recently, but those sales dont happen all the time

You really need to know the market, you cant just email people there like you email end-users with a .com

I mean if you bought DF.ae, who would you sell it to? Yo would have to sit on it and wait for someone to come to you
hmmm thats the thing....

•••
Some free terms if anyone wants them - *work, *geeks, *gurus

smart*s was free - does the plural make sense? It does with clouds anyway.

•••
Fogging is a official word for cloud computing..

What is Fog Computing?

The term “Fog Computing” was introduced by the Cisco Systems as new model to ease wireless data transfer to distributed devices in the Internet of Things (IoT) network paradigm. Cisco defines Fog Computing as a paradigm that extends Cloud computing and services to the edge of the network. Similar to Cloud, Fog provides data, compute, storage, and application services to end-users. The distinguishing Fog characteristics are its proximity to end-users, its dense geographical distribution, and its support for mobility. Services are hosted at the network edge or even end devices such as set-top-boxes or access points. By doing so, Fog reduces service latency, and improves QoS, resulting in superior user-experience. Fog Computing supports emerging Internet of Everything (IoE) applications that demand real-time/predictable latency (industrial automation, transportation, networks of sensors and actuators). Thanks to its wide geographical distribution the Fog paradigm is well positioned for real time big data and real time analytics. Fog supports densely distributed data collection points, hence adding a fourth axis to the often mentioned Big Data dimensions (volume, variety, and velocity). (Read more http://cisco.re/1KUnXCX)

Read more

•••
Fogging is a official word for cloud computing..

What is Fog Computing?

The term “Fog Computing” was introduced by the Cisco Systems as new model to ease wireless data transfer to distributed devices in the Internet of Things (IoT) network paradigm. Cisco defines Fog Computing as a paradigm that extends Cloud computing and services to the edge of the network. Similar to Cloud, Fog provides data, compute, storage, and application services to end-users. The distinguishing Fog characteristics are its proximity to end-users, its dense geographical distribution, and its support for mobility. Services are hosted at the network edge or even end devices such as set-top-boxes or access points. By doing so, Fog reduces service latency, and improves QoS, resulting in superior user-experience. Fog Computing supports emerging Internet of Everything (IoE) applications that demand real-time/predictable latency (industrial automation, transportation, networks of sensors and actuators). Thanks to its wide geographical distribution the Fog paradigm is well positioned for real time big data and real time analytics. Fog supports densely distributed data collection points, hence adding a fourth axis to the often mentioned Big Data dimensions (volume, variety, and velocity). (Read more http://cisco.re/1KUnXCX)

Read more

"Fogging Computing"
About 109,000 results (0.44 seconds)

"Fog Computing"
About 922,000 results (0.43 seconds)

Stick to Fog as I've rarely seen it referred to as Fogging. Fog is shorter and less likely to leak traffic through typos,domains with kw+fog and fog+kw will have the best chance of a sale imho. Fogging is also a verb and fog is a noun.

•••
"Fogging Computing"
About 109,000 results (0.44 seconds)

"Fog Computing"
About 922,000 results (0.43 seconds)

Stick to Fog as I've rarely seen it referred to as Fogging. Fog is shorter and less likely to leak traffic through typos,domains with kw+fog and fog+kw will have the best chance of a sale imho. Fogging is also a verb and fog is a noun.
ok...can we go for other tlds???like fog.tld

•••
ok...can we go for other tlds???like fog.tld

Only if they're tech related or if they make sense. There's little value in owning fog.church as it would obviously make no sense. I think you'll find that most of what will work is registered I'm afraid. When you miss the boat on trends but you want to have quality domains, you have to pay up . Or you can hand register names that will likely never sell. Better off ponying up for a good name imo.

•••
Only if they're tech related or if they make sense. There's little value in owning fog.church as it would obviously make no sense. I think you'll find that most of what will work is registered I'm afraid. When you miss the boat on trends but you want to have quality domains, you have to pay up . Or you can hand register names that will likely never sell. Better off ponying up for a good name imo.
hmmmm I missed it:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(:'(

•••
Fog seems quite a stretch at this point, and a semantics exercise by Cisco who, like Oracle (Ellison ridiculing at the term "cloud computing" before because they wanted to promote their "grid" system), hasn't quite taken a stranglehold on the cloud computing market and needs a concept to latch on to remain significant.

This is particularly so that cloud technology to a degree marginalizes Cisco equipment with relatively encourages low-cost hardware. So trying to shift the playing field with the "fog" might be their way to regain lost ground.

That being said however, many times what seems like a lousy, crazy concept in the early stages later become powerhouses (cloud computing itself among them), and, as a kind of gamble, it may be worth your while that "fog" might also do this in the future. But Cisco or someone else can call it "fog," "dust," "mist," "atmosphere," (Apple already got "air" after all) or something else, and IoT or otherwise, it's still hinged on the concept of the cloud.

So this one sounds like a longshot, but again, you never know because if the "fog" concept ever catches on, you got in early and would be amazingly lucky and can laugh at all of us for missing it.

•••
In my humble opinion there is no turning back. It will be fog. I have been following this very closely for over a year.

@IoTFog

•••
In my humble opinion there is no turning back. It will be fog.

Yes there is no doubt this functionality is needed and it needs a name - can't see any competitors for the correct term to use. The question will be are fog domain names needed and at what price.

BTW fogging is an existing process or service involving spraying physical fogs of chemicals, cleaners or even foam, for example also for agriculture, security or fire control.

Still wondering if anyone thinks the plural fogs is any good?

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back