Domain Empire

FOG is the new CLOUD.

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
FogApp.de
FogApps.de
FogCenter.de
FogNetwork.de
FogSoftware.de
FogTech.de

•••
FogVenture.com
UnoFog.com

Last edited:
•••
FogApp.de
FogApps.de
FogCenter.de
FogNetwork.de
FogSoftware.de
FogTech.de

Very good domains!

I have in .de:

Fog-Hosting.de
FogServers.de
Fog-Servers.de
Fog-Storage.de
EdgeComputing.de

•••
EdgeComputing is a great one!

•••
•••
Has anyone been reading up on Fog Computing recently? Cisco have brought it to the table to aid the Internet of Things (again).

Anyway, don't know much about it and it's yet another new buzz word to appear this year but I'm starting to get 'registration fatigue' ;) so feel free to look it up and see what's available, although I was surprised at how many FOG related domains have already gone. My two are:

FogServers.com

Fog360.com

Where do I begin my response? I guess with a question. Do you understand the difference between clouds and fog?

Angels sit on top of clouds playing harps. Whereas, people complain about fog.

The Care Bears live on top of clouds. Whereas, people complain about fog.

There's a place known as Cloud 9 which, best as I can guess, is one hell of an awesome party. But there's no Fog 9, because people don't like fog.

Clouds are cool, dude. But fog just fucking sucks. That's why "fog" isn't the new cloud now, and will never be. But please keep on dreaming.

•••
Whereas, people complain about fog.

You do know its not actual fog the tech is referring to?? ;)

If you want to talk literally about it then...

Whereas the cloud is "up there" in the sky somewhere, distant and remote and deliberately abstracted, the "fog" is close to the ground, right where things are getting done. It consists not of powerful servers, but weaker and more dispersed computers of the sort that are making their way into appliances, factories, cars, street lights and every other piece of our material culture.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702304908304579566662320279406

Its not some fad if Cisco are the main backers behind it

•••
Its not some fad if Cisco are the main backers behind it

Exactly, not to mention Dell released that Slideshare just the other day and below is the list of companies speaking at the Fog Computing Expo next month, I'll go ahead and bold the ones I know to be exceptionally large (I will miss a few)

Obtained from http://www.fogcomputingexpo.com/west/speakers.aspx :

151 Advisors
451 Research
Aankhen Inc.
ABI Research
Aeris
AKnowledge Partners
AMD
AT&T
Axis Communications

Blue Mountain Microsystems
Bright Wolf
CA Technologies
Canaccord
Cisco

Compass Intelligence
Cradlepoint
Dell
Eurotech
First Analysis
Gemalto
Haemonetics
IBM
IHS Technology
ILS Technology
James Brehm & Associates
Joe Gibbs Racing
KORE
Machina Research
Media Venture Partners, LLC
Numerix
OneM2M
OpenGear
Ovum
Predixion Software
Pubnub
RMAC Technology Partners
Semtech Corporation
Silver Spring Networks
Spireon
Splunk
Sprint

Stream
T-Mobile USA
Telefonica
Telit Wireless Solutions
US Cellular
Verizon Wireless

Vitria Technology
WoT

•••
Only one i have is FogBigData.com

•••
Where do I begin my response? I guess with a question. Do you understand the difference between clouds and fog?

The Care Bears live on top of clouds. Whereas, people complain
There's a place known as Cloud 9 which, best as I can guess, is one hell of an awesome party. But there's no Fog 9, because people don't like fog.

Clouds are cool, dude. But fog just f*cking sucks. That's why "fog" isn't the new cloud now, and will never be. But please keep on dreaming.

I find that response surprising.

You should read up on what "fog computing" is and WHY it has come about. The cloud model cannot cope in this era, as the data and processing needs are now too much.

Fog is what allows the IoT to exist.

•••
There is a reason why it is called FOG - it simply means that the data processing, storage and granularity of control and access is based closer to the user, rather than far away in the cloud.

So is Fog a good name? Yes! It makes perfect sense.

•••

The Care Bears live on top of clouds. Whereas, people complain about fog.

Clouds are cool, dude. But fog just f*cking sucks. That's why "fog" isn't the new cloud now, and will never be. But please keep on dreaming.

From Cloud to Fog Computing and IoT

•••
I was waiting for someone to say "Go Fog Yourself" and then I noticed the com is taken... looks vape-related.

Fog has meanings beyond fog-computing, check it out and be surprised. But yes, fog to the layman sounds unattractive - being in a fog sounds like being confused. For the layman fog and cloud seem the same - it's all data that's not here, just up there somewhere.

•••
Any offer, inquiries or sales yet in the fog arena?

•••
Any offer, inquiries or sales yet in the fog arena?

Have had lowball xxx offers and inquiries on 3 of my fog names so far.

•••
Great news @JayJay! Few of my names are getting more and more uniques and sedo offer visits too :)

•••
Have had FOGP.com for a few years. No traffic no offers :guilty:

•••
•••
•••
•••
•••
CorporateFog.com

CorporateCloud.com (not mine) has a current bid for $50,000 on Godaddy Auctions. So I thought the fog variation might be worth something?

•••
FogTraffic.com
PostFog.com
FogIndustry.com

•••
•••
FogPack.com
FogMatrix.com
EdgeComputing.co

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back