Dynadot

Flippa wrongfully suspended my account..

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Tytus

Established Member
Impact
Flippa wrongfully suspended my account as I run multiple auctions everyday on multiple auction sites simultaneously and accidentally pasted the wrong info into my flippa auction which i eventually deleted when I caught on. My trader reviews were perfect.
Then about 10 days later when my auction finished unsold flippa suspended me. Now they want me to send my photo I.D, Photo Id and Picture of my face beside the id. What the hell. Flippa is dying and I rather not use it then go through this hassle.

Anyone heard of this before? Seems ridiculous

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Before you give any company your photo I.D. and picture, you might want to make sure you are 100% positive such valuable information is guaranteed safe from hacking and identity theft. If I had any doubt whatsoever that my info was to be guarded vigorously, I'd just move on.

In your own words, "Flippa is dying ..." If you truly believe that, do you really want them to have your photo I.D.? Think long and hard about that.

•••
Flippa wrongfully suspended my account as I run multiple auctions everyday on multiple auction sites simultaneously and accidentally pasted the wrong info into my flippa auction which i eventually deleted when I caught on. My trader reviews were perfect.
Then about 10 days later when my auction finished unsold flippa suspended me. Now they want me to send my photo I.D, Photo Id and Picture of my face beside the id. What the hell. Flippa is dying and I rather not use it then go through this hassle.

Welcomeiro to the clubeiro!

•••

The best thing that could happen to you ...
Use outher marketplaces !!! ;)

•••
I guess the good news is they suspended, rather than deleted. It sounds like they simply want to verify you are who you say. I honestly think this is a good idea and they should do it more. It makes for a better marketplace because it will weed out the scammers. I think you will see more of this type mof verification over time. But like others have said, it is also an opportunity to reevaluate your continued use of Flippa. I personally have stopped using it because of all the problems. had they implemented a verification like this universally, then I would feel much better about using them.

•••
I don't know if this will make you feel better but i PAID to list my name and the next day i got perma ban. I have recovered my soul right now, but still i have something VERY DARK inside me...

Last edited:
•••
flippa bans people over nonsense ive had my account banned over something that had nothing to do with me

•••
Before you give any company your photo I.D. and picture, you might want to make sure you are 100% positive such valuable information is guaranteed safe from hacking and identity theft.

Agreed. Already had my identity stolen by some jerkoff trying to get an apartment in Texas. Not sending my ID to anyone.

•••
NEVER NEVER send them your id, never, immediately they received it, they will delete your account and your details will be left at the mercy of mercenaries. Personal experience.

•••
if anyone steals your id you can sue them dont worry :)

•••
if anyone steals your id you can sue them dont worry :)
If you can find the illegal who came over to the states and used my identity to rack up fraudulent charges under my name and successfully sue him, you can have 90% of however much you recover.

•••
If you can find the illegal who came over to the states and used my identity to rack up fraudulent charges under my name and successfully sue him, you can have 90% of however much you recover.

no im saying sue flippa

•••
In sudden my account was banned the next day after i did a payment to Flippa Escrow. Whenever i tried to contact them their reply is "i was associated with multiple account activity". I know i haven't done any mistake here and i don't have multiple accounts and I was unable to get my money back too :'(.

•••
no im saying sue flippa
It's not that simple. They're an Australian company and I'd be willing to bet the majority of their customers are in the US or other countries. Australian law does not apply in US courts, so one would have to travel to Australia for any type of case. Also, there's no way to prove that they lost/sold/leaked your ID beyond a reasonable doubt. The only way to prevent it, is by not sending it out.

•••
Every Good Company does ask us to verify our identity. That makes any platform more transparent for their users (Buyer/Seller). Ebay, Amazon also do the same. Namejet also ask for Id to become Verified Bidder. I think Flippa becomes more transparent which is good news for their users. Every good platform welcome their user initially without any major things required from us. But they ask for verification once we become good or big seller to make sure we are the same person whose account is registered under. This is good sign of any transparent platform. Sorry to hear my friend that your account got suspended but just submit the docs what they are looking for. They even suspended my account for 3-4 days. I submitted all required docs and they reinstate my account without any other issue and extended all of my auction for missed time during suspension.

Thanks

•••

First contact the support on flippa. Second just send the documents they asking for and your account will be open in few days, only if you did not make anything wrong there.
There are a lots of accounts that are wrong connected with others on flippa by flippa itself, a lot of new users that are not paying for their bids, flippa became a shit platform ..

•••
Every Good Company does ask us to verify our identity. That makes any platform more transparent for their users (Buyer/Seller). Ebay, Amazon also do the same. Namejet also ask for Id to become Verified Bidder. I think Flippa becomes more transparent which is good news for their users. Every good platform welcome their user initially without any major things required from us. But they ask for verification once we become good or big seller to make sure we are the same person whose account is registered under. This is good sign of any transparent platform. Sorry to hear my friend that your account got suspended but just submit the docs what they are looking for. They even suspended my account for 3-4 days. I submitted all required docs and they reinstate my account without any other issue and extended all of my auction for missed time during suspension.

Thanks
There are better, and more technologically advanced, ways to verify identity without having to send an ID. I've implemented such thing in a startup and it's in the same class that major banks and financial institutions use when customers use their websites.

•••
There are better, and more technologically advanced, ways to verify identity without having to send an ID. I've implemented such thing in another startup and it's the same class that major banks and financial institutions use when customers use their websites.
Suggest this please to flippa, so our identities to be more safe...;)

•••
There are better, and more technologically advanced, ways to verify identity without having to send an ID. I've implemented such thing in a startup and it's in the same class that major banks and financial institutions use when customers use their websites.

Hey Friend nice to hear you are trying something different. You can share your knowledge with Flippa or any other Platform to make that platform better for their users without any hard time.

•••

Just joined Flippa; and seems like they function differently. Example: I posted one dn for appraisal, Flippa said "wait for the community members approval" It took few days to get one DN approval by Flippa community members. DN must be chosen by Flippa communty buyer & sellers. Analized, I'm still learning.

I understand due to too many issues, likes scams and other related issues; every functioning must be granted suspicious? Every activities related to this and that, such as honest error and the like; must still be treated as our per policy. It's respected...

Human honest errors, easy communicative errors and the like; that are easy to fix shall be granted an easy solution. Asking for more evidence information; such as, is this you and that; fax me or send me proof if this is truly you. Oh NO...

I'm still learning; but careful of giving away details information. Just my thoughts.

•••
Just joined Flippa; and seems like they function differently. Example: I posted one dn for appraisal, Flippa said "wait for the community members approval" It took few days to get one DN approval by Flippa community members. DN must be chosen by Flippa communty buyer & sellers. Analized, I'm still learning.

I understand due to too many issues, likes scams and other related issues; every functioning must be granted suspicious? Every activities related to this and that, such as honest error and the like; must still be treated as our per policy. It's respected...

Human honest errors, easy communicative errors and the like; that are easy to fix shall be granted an easy solution. Asking for more evidence information; such as, is this you and that; fax me or send me proof if this is truly you. Oh NO...

I'm still learning; but careful of giving away details information. Just my thoughts.

On flippa if you are selling domains if you will not pay for features you will get no views on your auction, better on flippa to post as domains as portfolio than post domains for sale without paying for promotions.

Also if you are paying a lot for exposing your auction that's not means that you will get a better price...

Flippa is good only for super domain/ sites where you can pay up to $500 on futures and you get a better price than all existing platforms on the world.

Else it is not wothing to pay for auctions, as you can just list them for free as portfolio or as classifieds.

•••
The world is very small, you can hide but you can not run....
Yes, there is other option and it is possible; you don't need to provide lots of info for them to get you; if you commit fraud and scams...

•••
Before you give any company your photo I.D. and picture, you might want to make sure you are 100% positive such valuable information is guaranteed safe from hacking and identity theft. If I had any doubt whatsoever that my info was to be guarded vigorously, I'd just move on.

In your own words, "Flippa is dying ..." If you truly believe that, do you really want them to have your photo I.D.? Think long and hard about that.

That's why I was asking.

I've sent it my photo id with watermarks to namejet and dropcatch to get verified but never had to do the face thing and I rather just never use flippa than send that in. Flippa made money from me and now they are treating me like dirt so this is one company I will never use again.

•••
On flippa if you are selling domains if you will not pay for features you will get no views on your auction, better on flippa to post as domains as portfolio than post domains for sale without paying for promotions.

Also if you are paying a lot for exposing your auction that's not means that you will get a better price...

Flippa is good only for super domain/ sites where you can pay up to $500 on futures and you get a better price than all existing platforms on the world.

Else it is not wothing to pay for auctions, as you can just list them for free as portfolio or as classifieds.
Never posted for sale dn yet. I'm still learning and observing. But thank you for sharing that info; every bits help.

•••
This is good sign of any transparent platform.

Are you saying an auction company that allows its employees to bid in its auctions unbeknownst to the Buyers is a "transparent platform?" That's the funniest shit I've heard all day.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back