IT.COM

Flippa, what is wrong with you?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

NetworkPearl

Top Member
Impact
Flippa used to be a great place to sell domaisn especially tech related ones.

I have sold domains in 4 figures range for good profit and also a 5-figure domain to an enduser (big entreprenaur) . But now seriously, go check out the Editor Choice domains. Is surely becoming a mess.

Why would domains as such get EC:

BartendNYC.com
beachfronttowns.com
INCHtoCM.com

Just to name a few..

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I'd guess that Flippa likely experienced similar issues with escrow.com to what John Berryhill disclosed in pdd.com thread, 6th page:

https://www.namepros.com/threads/i-...saction-as-pdd-com-help-please.1059035/page-6

At least, I see no other reasons why would one industry participant (flippa) accuse another industry participant (escrow.com). One would expect somewhat different wording in case of a routine processing optimization...

As if Flippa cares about legitimate sales. Right now their biggest repeat seller for the last 2 weeks (according to their search feature of sold listings) has been from some dude throwing up bot traffic proof and faked adsense screenshots for abunch oif awful looking health sites.

No, Flippa clearly wants use the unlicensed (fined by State of Texas 23k in 2017) and dubious Assembly Payments Escrow exclusively.
Hence, why they don't want any competition.

•••
Business must be way down as Flippa support has confirmed to me they now charge $15 a month to list a domain for sale. How can anyone justify paying $15 each and every month with stats indicating on average there's an approx' 1% chance of a sale per year!

In addition, sales of developed sites on Flippa must also be down what with the big declines in affiliate income and huge Adsense revenue drop with so many sites going from several dollars a day to a few pennies a day making Adsense of little or no value on a sale listing.

Even mentioning Adsense can be a big negative when buyers wonder why you are asking so much for a site earning pennies a day in verified income.

Plus there's fairly obvious obvious fraud on Flippa on traffic stats mostly from bots and other data falsified by some sellers including manipulated or almost impossible to maintain product sales volume and revenue.

Last edited:
•••
Business must be way down as Flippa support has confirmed to me they now charge $15 a month to list a domain for sale. How can anyone justify paying $15 each and every month with stats indicating on average there's an approx' 1% chance of a sale per year!

In addition, sales of developed sites on Flippa must also be down what with the big declines in affiliate income and huge Adsense revenue drop with so many sites going from several dollars a day to a few pennies a day making Adsense of little or no value on a sale listing.

Even mentioning Adsense can be a big negative when buyers wonder why you are asking so much for a site earning pennies a day in verified income.

Plus there's fairly obvious obvious fraud on Flippa on traffic stats mostly from bots and other data falsified by some sellers including manipulated or almost impossible to maintain product sales volume and revenue.

Mentioning adsense contributed to the sales of their best repeat seller for the last two weeks.
Of course that seller posted fake adsense screenshots and is now suspended, but mention of adsense still sells sites.
HcV9Kgt.jpg

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ive said the same thing multiple times. Its gotten to the point where Flippa is an in joke in the industry. When a domain is really bad, Ive started sayong its as good as editors choice.

I've only been involved with domains for a month, and actually stayed away from Flippa for some reason. That is until yesterday where I put up a couple of domains there; after reading this thread I kind of regret it. I will see what becomes of the listings though :/

•••
Flippa hasn’t charged me anything to list my large portfolio. I haven’t sold anything at Flippa in a while but I do still occasionally get offers at Flippa.

Flippa is pretty dead these days for domain marketplace activity but for example compared to UNDeveloped marketplace which is truly deader than dead Flippa is a fish feeding frenzy.
xaDQVMct.jpg

And that’s a bold statement.
YMJe2eym.jpg

•••
I've only been involved with domains for a month, and actually stayed away from Flippa for some reason. That is until yesterday where I put up a couple of domains there; after reading this thread I kind of regret it. I will see what becomes of the listings though :/
It can't hurt to try as long as it isn't costing you anything.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back