Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 31, 2026.

Flippa Watchers!!

Namecheap AuctionsNamecheap Auctions
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

DotCom9

Established Member
Impact
238
How many watchers on an average leads to a good sale at Flippa? Can you guys share your experiences with it?

Thanks
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
The number of watchers is merely an indicator that people are interested in you auction. Most watchers i have had is 73, currently for listing TopTwenty dot com.
 
0
•••
I have 81 profile watchers and usually the number of watchers to listing depends on the domain Quality and starting price,
- No reserve will for sure attract more watchers and you can see them in action in last couple of hours.
But Don't take watchers for granted as I have sold my last five flippa auctions for $1 , $1 , $6, $1 and $6... all were 9 years aged one word.org but people were not interested to pay $xx for them even they
- apart from watchers, auction start and end time also plays a crutial role when selling on flippa.
# Good Sales pitch = more watchers and bids
# Upgrades definitely increases the number of watchers as well as bidders (decision is yours- does your domain deserve upgrade or not... using $350 upgrade to scrap domain doesn't help)
# Auctioning superb Quality domains will increase your profile watchers, and 100 watcher mark is common for Quality domain with premium upgrade
# No reserve and $1 start auction usually attract watchers to listing as well to your profile,
If people feel you are providing them quality definitely they will subscribe you there at flippa (Ali Zandi, NameConnect (John Daly), Carnaine(Wayne Bond), SuperbDomains(Todd Reum) ) All of them are best examples who used their profile watchers at it's best. Flippa indirectly exposes you a potential pool of buyers through this feature and it really helps as you will realize that when you make multiple sales to same buyer on flippa , just because he is watching you ;)
 
2
•••
Yes..I think watchers are important ..I listed my domain for $9 and $49 for homepage feature.. I got 14 watchers ...previous day I got an offer of $1150 so I put Bin for $2000 for DNp dot io which is at $195 .You never know a single watcher can snap your domain at good price...so always consider a single watcher.
 
0
•••
watchers play a key role in post auction negotiation as well, when your offer is sent to all the bidders and watchers as well. Usually people don't bid at auction that has a reserve, but simply watches it to negotiate post auction, to fetch the best deal. Actually I do that :D
 
1
•••
I feel like the majority of Flippa "watchers" are more like "wasters"...as in "time wasters".
 
0
•••
I think you should have your own list to get a reasonable watchers , because using flippa upgrade won't help you at all , only if you pay the 200/300$ upgrades . I did use the twitter upgrade and email list upgrade but you only get views , no watchers or bidders eve for good domains.
 
1
•••
How many watchers on an average leads to a good sale at Flippa? Can you guys share your experiences with it?

Thanks

I don't think there are any specific rules as to the number of views or watchers you can expect to get before making a sale. IME it's about the right person happening upon your domain, and it being available to them at a reasonable price. I'm talking about domains that may sell in the low hundreds, maybe even less, which are the kind I handle.

I've sold 4 or 5 domain names at Flippa and it was never on the first auction listing. So I list, and just keep relisting (it's free to relist).

I do really think that Flippa could do a lot of things with their selling platform that would help buyers, sellers, and Flippa as the result of more sales. But that's another story...
 
2
•••
My last auction had some good number of watchers but the bidding was not good, only two bidders were there of the 54 watchers I had. They are just watching to get the trends I guess.
 
0
•••
Well from my observation most of the watchers are just watchers, they just stand out and look how your auction is performing in market.. They don't even place a single bid!

You can easily get around 50+ watchers to your auction if you opt for Spotlight Listing in Flippa. For one of my last auction I had 30+ watchers but I've got only one bid in the last minute which turn into sale and none of others placed a bid and it was No Reserve too.

So I think we can't predict the sale according to the number of watchers, if there's just one potential buyer out of your 10 watchers you can get your domain sold!
 
1
•••
How many watchers on an average leads to a good sale at Flippa? Can you guys share your experiences with it?

Thanks

You just need two serious watchers in any auction to make it large. Others just warm the seats to look for an opportunity to grab the domain dirt cheap.
 
0
•••
About 150 watchers (and possibly 8-10k views) on my biggest auction thus far. Domain sold for $3550. It was an adult-ish name, so I was/am happy enough with the selling price.
 
0
•••
@Cabs.net - very nice tips. Thank you. What's the best time to end an Flippa auction?
@sjm211 - sorry it didn't sell.. , I have had the same experience after spending all the upgrades, anxiously waiting for days to close and end up not selling or just few bids away from reserve..frustrating for sure. Hope you get it sold next time. What was the name anyway?
 
0
•••
@sjm211 - sorry it didn't sell.. , I have had the same experience after spending all the upgrades, anxiously waiting for days to close and end up not selling or just few bids away from reserve..frustrating for sure. Hope you get it sold next time. What was the name anyway?

Thanks! It was gyrate dot com - I decided to experiment and went for the "ultra premium" listing this time around. I have to say that so far it's not really done any more than the standard listing I had previously and I certainly won't order another one again. I have 300 views and 25 watchers (17 from the previous listing) currently. I'm pretty sure that the first 100 or so views came from a combination of the initial homepage listing and RJ tweeting the sale.

About 150 watchers (and possibly 8-10k views) on my biggest auction thus far. Domain sold for $3550. It was an adult-ish name, so I was/am happy enough with the selling price.

That's a massive number of views! Was this a standard listing? Did you do much promotion externally?
 
0
•••
Regarding listing views, I've noticed that when I tweet the auction, views increment in 10-15 (don't know exactly) at the first second after publishing the tweet. I'm sure that are not visitors comming from twitter (I've checked twitter stats).
Anyone can confirm this?
 
0
•••
I am completely new to Flippa, and I started by throwing a bunch of decent domains for their $1, 14-days auction (including dictionary word similar to the one I've sold 2 years ago for $2,500 at Sedo). At the moment of writing, 6 days later, the number of watchers in all the 13 auctions combined is ZERO.
 
0
•••
The actual total was more, between 8k-10k. I forgot. Most was done from outside promotion, honestly. Flippa is good but not if you use it alone. You'll need to market on your own, too

That's a massive number of views! Was this a standard listing? Did you do much promotion externally?
 
1
•••
Nowadays flippa brokers are occupying the Home Page listing and Top 20 places of premium listings...

That's really not at all accurate. We are very soon de-prioritizing Editors' Choice listings from the top fold of the Flippa.com/buy-domains page. Brokered listings will also receive their own section soon, as well.
 
0
•••
I am completely new to Flippa, and I started by throwing a bunch of decent domains for their $1, 14-days auction (including dictionary word similar to the one I've sold 2 years ago for $2,500 at Sedo). At the moment of writing, 6 days later, the number of watchers in all the 13 auctions combined is ZERO.

Write in to [email protected], attn Kevin, and we'll assist. It's generally a known speedbump that new accounts take a lot of active marketing, external promotion and SALES to gain traction. Meantime, we're here to help...
 
1
•••
I do really think that Flippa could do a lot of things with their selling platform that would help buyers, sellers, and Flippa as the result of more sales. But that's another story...

All ears. But let me start a new thread...
 
0
•••
What's the best time to end an Flippa auction?

I used to tell sellers, Mon-Thurs, afternoon PST -- but some data suggests that Wed. around 3-6p PST. I say it all depends on who you get (externally) to loop into your auctions...
 
0
•••
CatchedCatched

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
AIVikings
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back