IT.COM

FLIPPA sucks !

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Griss

Established Member
Impact
Stay away ! So simple.

The guys are robbers. I had an auction which ended with 55$ highest bid. The buyer sent the money and then in order to get paid they asked from every posssible thing you can imagine; only size of my pants they didn't ask for... But then they do not send the money. Actually this is the second time it happens. Last time the buyer trusted me and sent the money directly to my paypal account bjt now the buyer has already sent the money to Flippa's escrow account but htey refuse to send it to me declaring system "malfunction" (token is not authorized"!!!). I lost more than 3 hours trying again and again but nothing

Stay away !!!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Flippa's escrow service is terrible.
Their escrow service also doesn't have proper licenses in the United States.
They only have an Australian license that usually should be for supermarket and gift reward cards under 1k per transaction, not an international Escrow service.
Yet they want to vet everyone to the sky and get all personal information.
Complete BS.
There are nothing but horror stories about Assembly Payments by Flippa.
http://promisepay.blogspot.com/2017/06/flippas-promisepay-rebrands-itself-as.html

•••
wow that is a horror story. The old joke is "they got their license out of a cracker jacks box"
( do they still make cracker jacks? haven't seen them in years-LOL )Any ways is that particular escrow service even legally allowed to operate in north America?
sometimes people think they are allowed to do something and they are not.. just a thought they might not even be allowed to operate in N.A.

•••
I stopped using flippa a long time ago, not worth the price and hassle

•••
UPDATE ! They finally paid the 55$ after a few "nasty" email from me. I was even determined to lose this "huge" income.... Unfortunately, it is the 2nd time it happens to me out of three sales. It is not worthy, not at all...

•••
wow that is a horror story. The old joke is "they got their license out of a cracker jacks box"
( do they still make cracker jacks? haven't seen them in years-LOL )Any ways is that particular escrow service even legally allowed to operate in north America?
sometimes people think they are allowed to do something and they are not.. just a thought they might not even be allowed to operate in N.A.

Yep, they still make cracker jack.

Found something interesting and couldn't resist bumping this thread.

Assembly Payments AKA Flippa's Escrow Partner was fined by State of Texas last year for being unlicensed.
They were given a temporary license afterwards.
They do not have licenses upon checking with many other states. (some states are still antiquated and you can only search by mail request)

"Assembly Payments violated Texas Finance Code Chapter 151 by conducting money transmission without a license to do so. The Order requires Assembly Payments to pay the Texas Department of Banking (Department) a penalty of $23,700."

https://www.dob.texas.gov/public/uploads/files/news/press-releases/2017/04-11-17pr.pdf

•••
It's good if Flippa reply here.
Personally I have done over 100 transactions with no problems.

•••
Flippas website is horrible. I was having numerous issues browsing the domains section and using their advance search features on Firefox. I emailed customer support, and rather than trying to deal with the issues and fix them, they just told me that I should switch to Chrome. A huge percentage of people use Firefox, yet they don't seem to care. I wouldn't want to list my domains on a marketplace that has such usability issues for a large number of people

•••
Flippas website is horrible. I was having numerous issues browsing the domains section and using their advance search features on Firefox. I emailed customer support, and rather than trying to deal with the issues and fix them, they just told me that I should switch to Chrome. A huge percentage of people use Firefox, yet they don't seem to care. I wouldn't want to list my domains on a marketplace that has such usability issues for a large number of people

Switching to Chrome: This is a new f-scist trend. Old browsers start not working on many/most sites. And Chrome or its opensource version doesn't respect privacy at all. It has search function/autocomplete, which can't be blocked. It scans pages which requires login, and displays them inside squares on the main page. Probably all data is sent to the main place in real time. Firefox has about:config, Chromium doesn't.

Last edited:
•••
It's good if Flippa reply here.
Personally I have done over 100 transactions with no problems.

They prefer to spend their time on Sitejabber and Trustpilot replying to customers. Spin, spin, spin.

The site is redesign is ghastly. Some new UI pages that are linked to old UI pages.
The default page now perpetually shows a sign in link instead of displaying a message count like the old site.
And don't get me started on the lame stock image thumbnails for sites that cost 200 a pop to list.

Another fun thing I found while looking up Assembly Payments former name, PromisePay:

Their attorney tried to plead for a special charter from the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency on the basis young startups shouldn't have to pay for fees to be licensed.

So they were well aware they don't/didn't have licenses for each US state, but went ahead anyway.

I believe that they received at least 10 mil in fintech seed money awhile back, but hey don't use it for something important like licensing.

https://www.occ.gov/topics/responsi...onse-occ-call-for-comment-fintech-charter.pdf

Sadly, it appears that based on change from current administration, that ASSembly may get their wish after all.

https://www.housingwire.com/article...ng-bank-charters-to-nonbank-fintech-companies

"In a statement, Comptroller of the Currency Joseph Otting said that fintech companies that offer banking services “deserve the opportunity” to be treated similarly to federally chartered and regulated banks."

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back