Dynadot

tips Flippa Flips - Something to consider

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

LarryDomain

Top Member
Impact
I've purchased over 50 domains on Flippa and the only ones that I have flipped for a profit are the ones I bought for above $8000. So all 3 of my big purchases I was able to resell for close to double what I paid a year previously. And coincidentally they were all purchased during my first month of buying on Flippa.

Coincidence? or just luck. Well for sure, you get more serious offers when you have premium names. I've had offers on the other names, they just weren't high enough. So should we focus on premium names only for better sales?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
focus on premium names only for better sales?
You seem to have found your forte!
Currently, I can't focus on premium domains, budget not that big!

Last edited:
•••
I've purchased over 50 domains on Flippa and the only ones that I have flipped for a profit are the ones I bought for above $8000. So all 3 of my big purchases I was able to resell for close to double what I paid a year previously. And coincidentally they were all purchased during my first month of buying on Flippa.

Coincidence? or just luck. Well for sure, you get more serious offers when you have premium names. I've had offers on the other names, they just weren't high enough. So should we focus on premium names only for better sales?

premium domains definitely easier to flip for higher prices, domains purchased for $-$$$ are generally not very generic and are longer thus limiting the resale ability.

•••

You save tons of time and money when you have great names! I totally agree!

•••
As a rule, the higher the risk, the higher the ROI. If you know what you're doing, that is.

•••
I think majority of Domainers expect little investment and BIG Money.. which is wrong..( for exceptional gems which are handregged )
Invest more to reap more.. But unfortunately my budget is not that BIG

•••
Yeah its great if you got 8k spare to risk losing haha

•••
Mate @LarryDomain , if you can share details through PM that would help me get some insights

•••
as a rule of thumb:

the domain itself matters

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back