IT.COM

.com From $109 purchase to a $6500 sale in less than 40 days

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hello namepros

I wanted to share with the namepros community one of my recent sales.

Domain Sold: FreeSubscription (.) com
Price: $6500

I purchased this domain in auction on sedo.com with a winning bid of $109. My maximum bid price for the auction was $1,006, but there were only two other bidders and very little interest from them.

Prior to me purchasing the domain name it had sold in auction on namejet (2009-05-19) for $3,600.

I am a domain flipper and a super seller on flippa, It has been my go to marketplace to flip domains for about 3 years now. I have had some really great flips imo through flippa, most of which I have shared with you all in the report completed domain sales thread.

So, knowing this domain would do great in auction I listed it at no reserve, I purchased the $249 upgrade for a premium listing. I only stood to lose $358 in total assuming the domain received no bids or the bid was just $1. This was a risk I was willing to accept. I ran the auction for 30 days to get the most exposure I could. With just 5 days left the bidding had reached $1500, which I was pleased with if it had sold at that figure. The final 3 days of the auction showed a lot of action. In the last 24 hours the domain went up $2500 in price. In the final 2 hours of the auction I decided to post a buy it now price of $12,000 bidding was at $4500 at this point. With less than 10 minutes remaining I received an offer of $6000 via private message, I declined and said id sell for $6500, they agreed and I lowered the buy it now price.

I wanted to share this sale with you all and share my selling process I use on flippa. If any of you would like to ask questions about flippa please message me.

I strongly believe there are still great deals out there for domainers if you dig through the poor quality domains for the diamonds.

Some of my other sales through flippa in May

Furm.com - $3,200 (purchased privately for $900)
Adoj.com - $1,000 (Purchased here on namepros for $400)

Few of my other big flips on Flippa
BoxOffice.net - $8,100 (purchased for $655)
Airline.net - $7,500 (purchased for $900)
TopTwenty.com - $4,500 (purchased for $1500)
PC.guru - $2,995 (Purchased for reg fee)
iReplay.com - $1,850 (purchased for $505)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Looks like it was bought by another domainer given it is now up for sale on afternic. How much do they think they can get for it?
Appears as though they are building it out now.

•••
Great outcome and well played. All about building value not just discounting.

•••
Not Really, you just have to be either friend of family with editors. and you will achive more for sure. Good luck everyone :)

Last edited:
•••
what is the breakdown in your quick opinion of buyer profiles on flipper ,if you would ,thanks in advance Ben

•••
what is the breakdown in your quick opinion of buyer profiles on flipper ,if you would ,thanks in advance Ben
The majority of buyers on flippa are developers or end users.. all of my big sales have been to end users whom I reached out to and told them the domain was in auction on flippa. If you send enough emails you'll get multiple end users bidding on your name which starts s bidding war

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back