IT.COM

Flippa Domain Sales Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IntricateWare

Established Member
Impact
Anyone trying out this new feature on Flippa? I've got some of my listings set up already.

The sales page is looking pretty fancy, but there are some features that I'd like more control over (like which of the domains in my catalog show up under the "Other great domains for sale" section). They're still working on it though and taking feedback, so I'm hoping to see some changes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Almost none of the domains I currently have using this Flippa Domain Sales Page are resolving.
All four registrars.
Name servers are ok.
Are you having the same problem?

•••
Almost none of the domains I currently have using this Flippa Domain Sales Page are resolving.
All four registrars.
Name servers are ok.
Are you having the same problem?

I checked a few from an email that I received from Flippa today and none of them are resolving. Using Chrome I got "ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED"

•••
Maybe they are rolling version 2... :-o

•••
•••
Still no updates on this downtime?

Shortly after posting this I noticed Flippa's Domain Sales Page service was live once again.

Last edited:
•••
My Flippa sales pages are displaying other users domains.
Is it intentional or a temporary glitch?

•••
Flippa had several issues yesterday and early today, but now it seems back to normal for me.. my portfolio is displayed correctly again and all domains can be searched/found in my panel

•••
Yeah, I looks like a work in progress is on the way. ;)
But apart from the occasional glitch, I still think they are on the right path.
I really do like the simplicity of their sales page.

•••
Still displaying other sellers names.
Is this a permanent change?
Have you reach to the conclusion that "cross-pollination" is the way to go?
I understand that this might help lower quality names get exposure, but I'm not enthusiastic about this feature.

•••
All my domains redirected to a weird sales help page and at the bottom other users names were displayed. This eliminates any possible sale...

•••
Still displaying other sellers names.
Is this a permanent change?
Have you reach to the conclusion that "cross-pollination" is the way to go?
I understand that this might help lower quality names get exposure, but I'm not enthusiastic about this feature.

All my domains redirected to a weird sales help page and at the bottom other users names were displayed. This eliminates any possible sale...

No, this does not sound right. Haven't heard this happening on a large scale, so might be something weird with your settings. I'll loop in @alexlunnon to troubleshoot further...

•••
After experimenting for about 2 months, I'm moving most of my names away from this. I've never had an offer through the Flippa Domain Sale Page, and often, I'll see people actually looking at my sedo offer page while the domain was still pointed at flippa.

Also, I feel like at other parking places you actually get more useful info as far as stats go, which are sometimes useful for marketing purposes.

I actually put a name on there that was getting several low offers on Sedo that would've had most of the profit evaporated from Sedo's $60 minimum fee, but nobody signed up to Flippa to make the same offer to me there.

Anyone else having luck with these lander pages, specifically?

I was really hoping to get some results because 10% is still amongst the best in the business.

Last edited:
•••
After experimenting for about 2 months, I'm moving most of my names away from this. I've never had an offer through the Flippa Domain Sale Page, and often, I'll see people actually looking at my sedo offer page while the domain was still pointed at flippa.

Also, I feel like at other parking places you actually get more useful info as far as stats go, which are sometimes useful for marketing purposes.

I actually put a name on there that was getting several low offers on Sedo that would've had most of the profit evaporated from Sedo's $60 minimum fee, but nobody signed up to Flippa to make the same offer to me there.

Anyone else having luck with these lander pages, specifically?

I was really hoping to get some results because 10% is still amongst the best in the business.

We're going to be removing friction between the steps buyers have to take to make offers, in that those who aren't logged in or those who are new and don't yet have a Flippa account will still be able to submit something. The verification process will occur before the seller accepts the offer, but this will act as a seller lead nonetheless.

We've been seeing some pretty great conversion metrics that I hope to be able to broadcast someday.

•••
I followed a link here, mentioning this was an "open Flippa Thread" to post comments, suggestions, etc, so here's a suggestion.

I think it would be nice if we could create "Packages" under the portfolio. For instance, if I have a .com, .net and an ,org, All for the same domain name, I'd like to sell them all in one transaction.

I guess I can just add them in the Description and just not include them in the portfolio, or add them, but with a huge Minimum....

But I think a package might be a nice way to organize them. Just a thought.

•••
I followed a link here, mentioning this was an "open Flippa Thread" to post comments, suggestions, etc, so here's a suggestion.

I think it would be nice if we could create "Packages" under the portfolio. For instance, if I have a .com, .net and an ,org, All for the same domain name, I'd like to sell them all in one transaction.

I guess I can just add them in the Description and just not include them in the portfolio, or add them, but with a huge Minimum....

But I think a package might be a nice way to organize them. Just a thought.

We're working on creating a proper 'Feature Request' section soon.

Agreed this would be a cool feature.

We're also working on being able to allow portfolios to be listed at auction with unique titles (i.e. "Portfolio of X domains" instead of "great-portfolio-of-nets.net")

•••
A new offer form on the Domain Sales pages?

@FlippaDomains, you're letting people give us their phone numbers now? Very cool!

Window_and_domain_com.png

•••
@FlippaDomains

Ok - so the user flow is a little bit broken.

I have a minimum offer amount of $199 on this domain, and i tried submitting an offer of $30 just to see what would happen. There was no indication to the person making the offer that that there was a minimum and it still let them submit.

Then I got the email asking me to confirm that I made the offer. Ok, so I click on that to confirm.

Then it sends me to Flippa with a little soft red banner across the top saying that there is a minimum offer of $199 required.

It's just a janky experience that needs to be cleaned up a bit for the buyer. Wanted to leave feedback because maybe that would be helpful.

Anyone else testing out these pages? Thoughts?

•••
Also, the wording...

"A premium generic com domain like XXXXXXXX is well suited for many purposes."

No.

My domain is definitely not generic and it is suited for THEIR purpose. The person that is on that landing page.

Why would they want a generic domain and not the RIGHT domain for their business? It's UNIQUE. It's MEMORABLE.

It feels like these were made for a certain customer in mind, can you share who that particular customer was @FlippaDomains and the process you guys went through to nail this copy?

Last edited:
•••
I've been suggesting we remove this copy, so hope that happens soon. I'll pass along the other feedback; thanks @Beezy

•••
I've been suggesting we remove this copy, so hope that happens soon. I'll pass along the other feedback; thanks @Beezy

Thank you. Despite me posting nothing but criticism in those two posts, I'm VERY excited about these new pages and they are a huge step forward.

Thank you for your commitment to making these better for sellers.

•••
Got an .info domain listed, e.g. uriel.info
Comments:
1. Your Offer needs to have a currency sign next to it: USD or $. Otherwise, how to make an offer if you are not sure what currency you are bidding with?
2. Your Offer is pre-filled with the ammount of 10,000. That is scary :) Maybe 1,000 would be closer to reality. Or 2,000, if we are very greedy.
3. It says: Information Ready. Uriel.info domain is perfect deliver informative content to users.
Though my English is not native, it appears to me that this phrase sounds strange. Please correct the syntaxis.

•••
Hey guys, I've just started experimenting with Flippa domain sales page and I'm thinking of moving all of my domains from Sedo parking. It's been nearly a year since the last comment, how's the experience so far?
Also are there elements of the page that you can control? Is there any way to have a Buy now button for domains with BIN prices? Thanks

•••
tried, listed 5 domains, changed to ns1.flippa.com, nothing is happening, says waiting to be verified, but its been 12 hours, no email at registrant email addy, no way to contact flippa support direcdtly, appreciate any suggestions how to 'make it happen' so i can play with it, tx

This is exactly my problem

@FlippaDomains not sure if this is still working. I just joined and uploaded a domain to Flippa and changed the nameservers to ns1.flippa.com and ns2.flippa.com. But Flippa sent me an email saying something to the effect that WhoIs doesn't find an email so they can't verify. But WhoIs DOES have the same email I used to join Flippa with listed at WhoIs (been that way for years). What can be done?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back