Dynadot

Flippa Domain Sales Page

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

IntricateWare

Established Member
Impact
Anyone trying out this new feature on Flippa? I've got some of my listings set up already.

The sales page is looking pretty fancy, but there are some features that I'd like more control over (like which of the domains in my catalog show up under the "Other great domains for sale" section). They're still working on it though and taking feedback, so I'm hoping to see some changes soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Would like to see "Age" "Estibot" as part of KPI to add on the page
Also creative control over "Other great domains for sale" bottom of the page
I don't think the age should be on there as default. Many of us dropcatch domains and those ages are reset - it's not great to have a premium domain with 1 month old in big bold letters on the listing.

•••
I'm changing a bunch of nameservers to flippa and I'm wondering how friendly these pages and the sales process in general is to speakers of languages other than English.

Can anyone weigh in on that?

•••
If you have the domain listed with Flippa all you need to do is change your name serves for it to the following:

ns1.flippa.com
ns2.flippa.com

•••
tried, listed 5 domains, changed to ns1.flippa.com, nothing is happening, says waiting to be verified, but its been 12 hours, no email at registrant email addy, no way to contact flippa support direcdtly, appreciate any suggestions how to 'make it happen' so i can play with it, tx

•••
•••
•••
Here's one of mine: /*****.com (all of mine look exactly like this)

It would be nice if users didn't have to create a Flippa account to make an offer. The email could be shielded like it is on Craigslist and when an offer was accepted they could proceed through a payment option on Flippa

•••
I'd suggest stats. It will be great to know just the number of visitors.

•••
Really ???? Honestly, I would be expecting something more sophisticated...

.co.ro..

I like a lot ! It'S professional, exhaustive....

Come on my friend, do you think Flippa will provide an individual lander as linked for each and every domain for free? Anyway, the linked lander is very easy to dev yourself, it's really basic. Cheers.

•••
Come on my friend, do you think Flippa will provide an individual lander as linked for each and every domain for free? Anyway, the linked lander is very easy to dev yourself, it's really basic. Cheers.
Basic to dev I mean't, but is nice! ;)

•••
Here's one of mine: /zolpo.com(all of mine look exactly like this)
Simple and clean which is nice. On the bottom there is a button that says "see other domains for sale" but when you click it you have to log into an account. If a buyer just wants to see the names why would they have to set up an account? Makes no sense and will affect sales. Buyers want the easiest way possible to buy a domain and us as sellers need to make it easy.

Flippa needs to change this ASAP!!!!

•••
I think there should be a "sold" section in sellers dashboard. Also looking forward to flippas planned changes for the marketplace. I was told they will be moving brokered domains to a seperate section away from regular auction listings. I think this will be beneficial to folks like you and I who are selling our names.

•••
None of my Flippa domain sales pages seem to be resolving.

•••
None of my Flippa domain sales pages seem to be resolving.

I have heard there may be a glitch, but that it's in the process of being fixed....Standby!

•••
I have heard there may be a glitch, but that it's in the process of being fixed....Standby!
I can't get code sent to my mobile number for payment verification. I have tried countless times and it does not send the code. I used to get the code but not anymore. complained to the support and over 12 hours now, no help seem to be coming my way to get it resolved as I have already transferred domains to respective buyers for which they have paid and funds are sitting with Flippa.

Could you help me out please?

•••
I can't get code sent to my mobile number for payment verification. I have tried countless times and it does not send the code. I used to get the code but not anymore. complained to the support and over 12 hours now, no help seem to be coming my way to get it resolved as I have already transferred domains to respective buyers for which they have paid and funds are sitting with Flippa.

Could you help me out please?
Please reach out to [email protected] - I am unable to help you anymore than they can. Sit tight, they will help you and you will get your funds...

•••
Would like to see "Age" "Estibot" as part of KPI to add on the page
Also creative control over "Other great domains for sale" bottom of the page
Why see Estibot? For all the good it does, you may aswell just pick a random number out of your head...there you go. That is estibot.

•••
I'd suggest stats. It will be great to know just the number of visitors.

Yes. I guess statistics are a must-have for any domainer - we can't live without them! :)

•••
This Flippa domains sale page feature is super cool!
Looking forward for the v2 release.
But to be perfect there are a couple of things I would add, namely:
  • Statistics - or the possibility of connecting our Google Analytics UA code, or even some sort of partnership with cloudflare (not that tech savvy here...)
  • At least give us the possibility of adding two or three fields per listed domain to personalize the text on the sale page. eg: Tagline, Description, etc... These are currently available for domains submitted to the Flippa auction. I know this is a differentiator between listed domains and the ones on auction but I guess it's a win-win situation for Flippa every time a domain is sold through them.
  • Domains that are already on auction should have the fields Tagline and Description displayed automatically in the selling page.

Last edited:
•••
Yes. I guess statistics are a must-have for any domainer - we can't live without them! :)
I'd love to know how many people are visiting my listings and not just a lump number but how many are coming in from where. Are the visitors from Flippa's $249 marketing of my name (ie, their newsletters, emails, twitter posts, etc)? Or are they coming from my efforts. Only way to know how effective the marketing of these listings is, is to see detailed stats.

•••
I don't like how after a buyer clicks the buy now button it redirects to the full Flippa website for the buyer to get distracted, instead of proceeding directly with the checkout process.

This is why I FWD all my names to my website.

•••
@FPForum
Do you have trial version of your software. I want to test it before purchase.

•••
Is there a Flippa "api" that would allow us to render our domains list on a frontpage that we might have?

For instance, I bought cardboarddomains.com back in February and I would like to be able to post my Flippa listing there - kind of a "store front" for my "domain business".
  • Links would show pertinent information related to the listed domains (name, minimum offer, link to buy, etc..).
  • Table would only show listed domains associated with each Flippa user.
  • Links would transfer the prospect buyer directly to Flippa's webpage.
  • Users would add the listing as a iframe or other dynamic format compatible with wordpress (wordpress plugin) or bare HTML/HTML5...

•••
As for stats, I have a feeling something is in the forge...

FlippaGAPlaceholder1.png

•••
I don't think the age should be on there as default. Many of us dropcatch domains and those ages are reset - it's not great to have a premium domain with 1 month old in big bold letters on the listing.
I agree

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back