Dynadot

question First time selling domain name

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

leoling

Established Member
Impact
Hi,

I have a few domain names on hand want to try and sell. But a quick question regarding payment

If I want to sell my domain name here, from I what read in the forums, mostly use Escrow or Paypal.

My questions is which one is more recommend for a newbie like me. Because I read Paypal scamming story so kind of worried since I'm new and I also have bad experience with Paypal in the past. My concern with Escrow is the fee seem to be high unless I can sell my domain for thoudsands and above?

Please advice. Thank you!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I would say don't use either - PayPal has had a bad reputation for years, and it takes 6 months to confirm a payment. It can be reversed at any time during the 6 month "loan" period. Escrow used to be a good service, but it has changed hands, and I think you need to approach it with caution.

I haven't used Payoneer, but that's a service that I'm considering using.

•••
To be honest, we use PayPal for our smaller transactions, and Escrow for anything above $xxx. Most of our buyers agree to pay the Escrow fee, and have always found the sales process particulary smooth and quite quick. This arrangement seems to work well for us.

Of course there are other payment providers out there, but be careful and make sure you read up on them first.

Last edited:
•••
Okay got. Thank you for the advice!

•••
Avoid PayPal.

Escrow/com has gone downhill recently and many of us here are starting to move away after using them for many years.

Sedo escrow is another option you might consider.

•••
Hi

i've taken $,$$$ in payments from some members via paypal with no problem

but it depends on who you're dealing with too.

some people have no reputation, so there's nothing for them to loose

others do and for them... it's not worth it.

i've even been paid in "cold hard cash" and via western union, as well as sedo and escrow

imo...

•••
Look as you said ... use paypal for sales that are less than 1000 $ and for above that use escrow. Speaking from personal experience

•••
I see. Okay sure, will take note. Thanks!

•••
As a fellow domainer here, I am welcoming you to NamePros.
Wishing you the best of luck in your challenging task as a domainer.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back