IT.COM

Domain ownership verification

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Chieff

Established Member
Impact
Are domain ownership verification optional or compulsory?

Listed a domains on afternic, parked the same with Dan.

Should I verify the ownership with afternic?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Afternic does not require ownership verification unless the domain is already listed by another person.

That means you're good to go.

Afternic will let you know if ownership verification is required.

•••
Are domain ownership verification optional or compulsory?

Listed a domains on afternic, parked the same with Dan.

Should I verify the ownership with afternic?
Yes, Dan and Afternic do not require verification--but that has had it's issues then with your domains being listed by others who don't own them, when you remove them from the account. Dan has apparently been actively attempting to rectify that very concerning issue.

Sedo does do verification, and appears to have recently streamlined their process. When listing there over six months ago, the process took much longer. Now, it was completed within a day apparently with their manual verification process. I never needed to do the cname and personal identfication and host records. Very nice improvement there.

Last edited:
•••
Yes, Dan and Afternic do not require verification--but that has had it's issues then with your domains being listed by others who don't own them, when you remove them from the account. Dan has apparently been actively attempting to rectify that very concerning issue.

Sedo does do verification, and appears to have recently streamlined their process. When listing there over six months ago, the process took much longer. Now, it was completed within a day apparently with their manual verification process. I never needed to do the cname and personal identfication and host records. Very nice improvement there.

Yes correct DAN, Afternic never asked to verify

Sedo wants to verify before publishing the domain name for sale

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back