Dynadot

.mobi First foreign Mobi reg

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

VisionEdger

Account Closed
Impact
anleger.mobi

German for investor. was surprised to find it available.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
My initial reaction is that I am surprised too! That could be a good reg, but I'm no expert in foreign names by any means....

•••
•••
If it looked too good to be true...it probably was. Best thing to do is make friends with people who speak the major world languages and ask them casually if it means what you think it means. Babelfish is the devil.

I hope you got a gem on your hands, but hopefully you registered it with moniker so you can get a refund if it's not.

Good luck!

•••
english to german translator, google word translator, wikpedia translated , investor = anleger , pretty basic search to verify the word.

•••
I would say that this will qualify as the reg of the day.

•••
VisionEdger said:
english to german translator, google word translator, wikpedia translated , investor = anleger , pretty basic search to verify the word.

I checked it on freetranslation.com -- they're rarely wrong... Great find there!

•••
RegFee said:
If it looked too good to be true...it probably was.

There are still occasional gems out there, so sometimes it is true.

•••
German English

Investor {m}; Investorin {f} investor
Investoren {pl}; Investorinnen {pl} investors
Kapitalgeber {m} investor; lender of capital
Kapitalgeber {pl} investors; lenders of capital
Geldgeber {m} investor
Geldgeber {pl} investors
Business Angel {m}; Unternehmensengel {m}; privater Investor, der Risikokapital in eine Firma investiert angel investor [Am.]; business angel [Br.]
zugelassen; bevollmächtigt; anerkannt; akkreditiert {adj} accredited
zugelassener Anleger accredited investor
zugelassener Händler accredited dealer

German OVT
anleger 416

4351 investor
741 investor relations
417 international investor
410 auslaendische investor
176 investor gesucht
137 privat investor
110 value investor

The words sometimes found may not be a popular choice even among native speakers and residents of that country.

When looking for foreign words, I used OVT for that country as well as how far down the list does the word appear in dictionaries.

Definitely let someone else weigh in on this. But these are just some of the tools I use. As well as other members who do speak the language. I do speak other languages but even those are subject to dialect and the region and words are not the same throughout or as common.

Even the other german words are not that highly searched.

•••
circa1850 said:
German English

Investor {m}; Investorin {f} investor
Investoren {pl}; Investorinnen {pl} investors
Kapitalgeber {m} investor; lender of capital
Kapitalgeber {pl} investors; lenders of capital
Geldgeber {m} investor
Geldgeber {pl} investors
Business Angel {m}; Unternehmensengel {m}; privater Investor, der Risikokapital in eine Firma investiert angel investor [Am.]; business angel [Br.]
zugelassen; bevollmächtigt; anerkannt; akkreditiert {adj} accredited
zugelassener Anleger accredited investor
zugelassener Händler accredited dealer

German OVT
anleger 416

4351 investor
741 investor relations
417 international investor
410 auslaendische investor
176 investor gesucht
137 privat investor
110 value investor

The words sometimes found may not be a popular choice even among native speakers and residents of that country.

When looking for foreign words, I used OVT for that country as well as how far down the list does the word appear in dictionaries.

Definitely let someone else weigh in on this. But these are just some of the tools I use. As well as other members who do speak the language. I do speak other languages but even those are subject to dialect and the region and words are not the same throughout or as common.

Even the other german words are not that highly searched.

Good advice.

Using the country's Google, ie google.de or google.it etc, also shows which terms are most common. Search for the word or phrase in " " and try the plural versions, and if more than one word, try them in different orders.

•••
I warn you on this:

I did not reg many italian words simply because there is not market for them

Simply because English speakers would buy anything does not mean it has value does it?

•••
italiandragon said:
I warn you on this:

I did not reg many italian words simply because there is not market for them

Simply because English speakers would buy anything does not mean it has value does it?

It depends what you are in it for - a quick flip, or long term

•••
If you want to talk to real Germans to find out about Anleger or any other languages (for French you can ask me) - have a look at translatorscafe.com

•••
VisionEdger said:
anleger.mobi

German for investor. was surprised to find it available.
Nice find VisionEdger. It was on my list but you beat me to it. Good luck with it. There are still good undiscovered names across the waters. But they are going fast.

•••
Thanks for all your input folks! I am learning alot from this forum . I see how it can be too easy to spend tons of $$ regging names that could go no where especially in foreign languages .

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back