Domain Empire

Finally! eName Releases English Version Website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Just yesterday, the most favored Chinese registrar eName released its first English version website! Well, all I have to say is FINALLY!

The announcement says:
In order to meet the growing demand for domain overseas business, allow more overseas domain investors to learn more about eName’s domain business, and also provide more domain transaction and management services for domestic and overseas domain investors, after a period of preparation, eName’s Domain Transaction&Management Platform English website is officially online!
Most importantly, we will synchronously open an online overseas customer service line to help more overseas domain investors solve their problems.

Well, it is indeed good news to English speaking domainers who interact with Chinese domainers. Obviously, Chinese aren't good at English and Western domainers find the Chinese language to be a real headache. Hence a registrar that provides bilingual service is a solution to the puzzle! Though eName's translation still needs to be polished, the move itself is definitely user friendly.

You might want to drop a comment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Can see the icon for China and US on their website (which I think is for changing language) but nothing happens on clicking those icons :(

So I guess they are still rolling out and its not completely operable yet

•••
Try click the button one more time? I did click it twice to switch over to English version.

•••
Can see the icon for China and US on their website (which I think is for changing language) but nothing happens on clicking those icons :(

So I guess they are still rolling out and its not completely operable yet

Sorry, forgot to quote in my previous reply

•••
Try click the button one more time? I did click it twice to switch over to English version.
Ok did not work in two times but tried multiple times and it did change to English
But registration and management links still go to chinese version

Last edited:
•••
•••
Ok did not work in two times but tried multiple times and it did change to English
But registration and management links still go to chinese version

Hmm...Guess they are still working on it.

•••
that button is only an 'anchor' for now. http://ename.com/# it means back to top button.
maybe eName.com team still developing or translating their web.

Here is some example for anchor: https://www.namepros.com/threads/finally-ename-releases-english-version-website.961860/# <<< you can click this link to back to top.

It triggers a javascript functions which loads certain files to provide english translation
That's a common way of doing on page translations without reloading the page.

•••
It triggers a javascript functions which loads certain files to provide english translation
That's a common way of doing on page translations without reloading the page.

After I go back to visit the website ename.com and turns it into a functioning website English version. The last time before I visit again, the flag button just an anchor. Now it seems a little work. :xf.wink:

•••
Doesn't work for me... ;/

•••
It's good move to add english language support, however Ename has long way to go to be global player. I am looking forward to have them more overseas friendly support.

•••
Cynthia, does this mean nonChinese can open accounts/list in auctions/have supported payment methods?

•••
I am getting the English version, but can't get past the Telephone Number. Anyone know the correct format? I'm in the US.

•••
The English version doesn't work for me. Multiple browsers, multiple button pushes.

•••
The English version doesn't work for me. Multiple browsers, multiple button pushes.
Now working on Chrome. It seems it takes a while for the javacript files to load in the background.

•••
Cynthia, does this mean nonChinese can open accounts/list in auctions/have supported payment methods?

I will have to ask them and get back to you later

•••
•••
I am getting the English version, but can't get past the Telephone Number. Anyone know the correct format? I'm in the US.
  • Tel:86.5925954294 you mean this number? To dial it, I think the correct format should be 00865925954294

•••
  • Tel:86.5925954294 you mean this number? To dial it, I think the correct format should be 00865925954294
He is saying he can't create an account. It does not allow him to enter a non-Chinese number.

•••
He is saying he can't create an account. It does not allow him to enter a non-Chinese number.

Okay, that's tricky. How about filling in mobile number? Does that require any format?

•••
Okay, that's tricky. How about filling in mobile number? Does that require any format?
Can you just ask them if they have started accepting registration for foreigners or it is just a translation that they have now?

•••
•••
as far as i can tell there is no way for international users to register an acct to sell on ename yet

•••
as far as i can tell there is no way for international users to register an acct to sell on ename yet
I was trying to set up an account so that I could buy a domain here on NP. The seller said it was on ename and would be pushed.

So international user cannot have account to accept push?

•••
I was trying to set up an account so that I could buy a domain here on NP. The seller said it was on ename and would be pushed.

So international user cannot have account to accept push?
I was unable to set up any acct type, so not certain how this "English" or "western" version of ename.com helps at all... is just a tease, id love to be able to list my domains there.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back