IT.COM

Finally! eName Releases English Version Website

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

DN.com

VIP Member
DN.com Staff
Impact
Just yesterday, the most favored Chinese registrar eName released its first English version website! Well, all I have to say is FINALLY!

The announcement says:
In order to meet the growing demand for domain overseas business, allow more overseas domain investors to learn more about eName’s domain business, and also provide more domain transaction and management services for domestic and overseas domain investors, after a period of preparation, eName’s Domain Transaction&Management Platform English website is officially online!
Most importantly, we will synchronously open an online overseas customer service line to help more overseas domain investors solve their problems.

Well, it is indeed good news to English speaking domainers who interact with Chinese domainers. Obviously, Chinese aren't good at English and Western domainers find the Chinese language to be a real headache. Hence a registrar that provides bilingual service is a solution to the puzzle! Though eName's translation still needs to be polished, the move itself is definitely user friendly.

You might want to drop a comment?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was unable to set up any acct type, so not certain how this "English" or "western" version of ename.com helps at all... is just a tease, id love to be able to list my domains there.
Thanks. I think everyone here on NP should be aware that they can't have domains from ename unless in China or transfer out.

•••
I was unable to set up any acct type, so not certain how this "English" or "western" version of ename.com helps at all... is just a tease, id love to be able to list my domains there.

I asked eName's CEO, they are still working on it. The intention is for Western users to use eName's service, but there are things that need to be sorted out. I will update it when they are ready.

Last edited:
•••
I just got updates from eName, they are still working on some details, hopefully they could get this sorted out soon. Once they could get this through, it's going to be a big leap for domaining business, as no other Chinese registrar ever got it through. :laugh:

•••
the only way is to use a chinese *mobile* phone number to bind the account. without this there is no use for the site.

there are some online services with free and temporary chinese mobile numbers but they all require to know the message template that will be sent and no one knows about ename... there are templates for QQ, Wechat, and other chinese services

•••
I just got updates from eName, they are still working on some details, hopefully they could get this sorted out soon. Once they could get this through, it's going to be a big leap for domaining business, as no other Chinese registrar ever got it through. :laugh:

Alibaba does support international phone numbers.. Ename just lacks the technology... Seems like Ename trying hard to get things done, however as i said there is long way to go for Ename to become a global player. As for many other Chinese registrar too.

But I look forward them to do this, so their prices will be competitive for western market and we can get benefit from this competition.

•••
@Cynthia

Is there any update on opening ename to non-Chinese sellers?

•••
@Cynthia

Is there any update on opening ename to non-Chinese sellers?
Ename supports non-Chinese clients, but the problem is they only support Chinese mobile phone number when client registered account. Hope they could support other countries' phone number soon. I will update it when they support. :)

•••
Ename supports non-Chinese clients, but the problem is they only support Chinese mobile phone number when client registered account. Hope they could support other countries' phone number soon. I will update it when they support. :)
Sad to hear this

•••
•••
•••
Hi everybody, there is a good news. I confirmed with Ename.com this afternoon, they replied that they have supported foreigner customers to register account. Mobile number is not necessary now. If you want to sell domains at Ename.com, you can try to register an account now.

Regards,
Sunny

•••
still not possible to list domains for sale.
when trying to add a domain for sale, either BIN, offer/counter-offer, etc, the operation fails saying that I need to bind a cell phone first.

the only thing that can be done is submit premium domains for review.

this sucks

Last edited:
•••
the current status is:

1) the site is mostly prepared for english readers
2) the authentication/binding is made by Google Authenticator
3) the personal information page is the problem, since it demands to fill some information on the Chinese section, like name, company name and a phone number, either mobile or landline. I tried filling all the mandatory fields correctly, and using a landline phone number and the information was accepted. But every time I try to list a domain for sale I get the message that i need to bind my mobile phone...

So, a mobile phone is not needed, there is no option now to bind a mobile phone number in the English version of the site but when it comes to list a domain it needs to bind a mobile phone...

A suggestion for the programmers would be to place a flag on an user's account saying if it is Chinese or a foreigner, and then when submitting a domain name for sale check this flag and if it is a foreigner then do not ask for mobile phone number binding.

Last edited:
•••
the current status is:

1) the site is mostly prepared for english readers
2) the authentication/binding is made by Google Authenticator
3) the personal information page is the problem, since it demands to fill some information on the Chinese section, like name, company name and a phone number, either mobile or landline. I tried filling all the mandatory fields correctly, and using a landline phone number and the information was accepted. But every time I try to list a domain for sale I get the message that i need to bind my mobile phone...

So, a mobile phone is not needed, there is no option now to bind a mobile phone number in the English version of the site but when it comes to list a domain it needs to bind a mobile phone...

A suggestion for the programmers would be to place a flag on an user's account saying if it is Chinese or a foreigner, and then when submitting a domain name for sale check this flag and if it is a foreigner then do not ask for mobile phone number binding.

Just confirmed with them that mobile phone number is still necessary if added domains for sale. I will forward your suggestion to them.

•••
Are they now supporting international accounts without any issues ?

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back