IT.COM

legal Final Call To Submit Comments to ICANN To Protect Domain Name Owners’ Rights

NameSilo
Watch
Impact
After a Herculean effort, I’ve managed to complete my company’s comment submission to ICANN, to respond to the dangerous proposal from its working group which would have severe negative consequences for domain name owners. My company’s comment can be read at:

https://freespeech.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/10/LEAP-comments-IGO-ePDP-2021-final-20211023.pdf

The deadline for comments is Sunday, October 24, 2021 at 23:59 UTC, and can be made by going here. That’s less than 24 hours from the time of this post.

You can read the comments of others (16 at the time of this blog post, including one by the Internet Commerce Association) here. It takes only a few minutes to sign up for an account to endorse/support the comments of others (that’s what some of the IGOs have done, to support the comments of WIPO).

Past blog posts on this topic can be read here, here, here, and here.

If the proposals are adopted without any changes, there would be great risk for consequence free reverse domain name hijacking. I urge people to take this seriously and to submit comments opposing the changes.

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Thanks for the heads up George. I created an account at ICANN.com in 2 minutes and submitted my response as well. I urge all NP members to do the same immediately to protect their rights.

•••
•••
Less than 7 hours left to post, folks. We're up to 23 comments in total, so far:

https://www.icann.org/en/public-com...2021/submissions?page=1&sort-direction=newest

It only takes 5 minutes to create an ICANN account, to submit a comment. If you have a moment to protect your long-term interests, consider submitting a comment (even a brief one to endorse the submission of others, see how the other 23 comments are, as a guide).

•••
•••
i havent really looked in to it but many multi billion dollar companies own 1500+ domain names etc and if any event was to affect their domain name portfolio im sure they would have sonething to say about it and it may just put domain names on the map etc and in any event it would only affect those with valuable portfolios not so much those with portfolios deemed by brokers not to have any value allegedly so ill sit back and watch the situation unfold

all good fun

•••
Thanks to those who invested the time to submit comments. (y)

•••
Back