Dynadot

advice Feedback on Sedo offer received

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Raindrops

Restricted (Market)
Impact
I received an offer for a single word four letter domain ending in a newer extension (.one) .

I did sell an acronym 3LLL .one domain a couple months ago for low-mid xxx's, and I am aware that the domain "profit.one" recently sold for $2500.00 - but not too sure on how to ride with this offer.

Offer is for low-mid xxx's, the buyer just registered at Sedo this month, based in the USA.

I'm not willing to accept the current offer at all, but am willing to negotiate it to somewhere to the low xxxx's range. If it is some multi-million dollar company I'm not looking to fleece them, just happy to get the low xxxx range I want.

Problem is I have little to no Sedo negotiation experience. Sedo doesn't allow for an outright refusal of the offer, only to counter or send to auction. I'm not inclined to send it to auction for 7 days with that low starting point and the newness of the extension.

Should I just ignore the offer and let it die?
Counter with my desire for low XXXX range?
Take my (gulp) chances at auction?

Any feedback helpful.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
I agree with @iowadawg - If you want $XXXX for the name then counter back to tell them. If they buy then you got what you wanted, if they go away then you're at the same place you would be by letting it die off - with no deal. One thing I don't think I would do is try my luck with a .ONE domain in auction...

•••
Sounds sound. Advice that runs with what my thoughts were, but figured it was best to get affirmation before mis-stepping in some fashion.

Would you say it's necessary to also reply with a reason other than my own personal valuation with the counter? Or just keep it simple that this is the value I have for the domain in my counter (roughly 7 times their offer)?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back