Dynadot

question Fake Sales Report or Not

NameSilo
Watch

Fake Sales Report or Not ?

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Fake

votes
    92.9%
  • Legit

vote
    7.1%
  • This poll is still running and the standings may change.

atinc

EntrepreneurTop Member
Impact
I was just watching one of the previous episodes of domainsherpa. I loved that show, really sorry that it is ended.

Andrew Rosener announced that he sold goodweed.com for $41,000.

Since this episode is dated back in February 2016, I was curious to check what is the owner doing with this domain.

So I typed goodweed.com to see if it is active. I saw that it is forwarded to ganjapreneur.com

I thought like Andrew was the owner of ganjapreneur than confirmed that he is the CEO of ganjapreneur.com

He sold the domain via his company Media Options where he is CEO as well.

That was just odd.

What do you guys think about it?

References: - See yourself

https://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20160229/ ( 13th to 15th minutes Andrew declares the sale for 41K)

goodweed.com - Directs to ganjapreneur.com

https://www.ganjapreneur.com/andrew-rosener-cannabis-domain-name-investing/ ( says Andrew is the CEO of ganjapreneur)

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was just watching previous episodes of domainsherpa, I loved that show, really sorry that it is ended.

Since this episode is dated back in February 2016, I was curious to check what is the owner doing with this domain.

So I typed goodweed.com to see if it is active. I saw that it is forwarded to ganjapreneur.com

I thought like Andrew was the owner of ganjapreneur than confirmed that he is the CEO of ganjapreneur.com

That was just odd.

References: - See yourself

https://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20160229/ ( 13th to 15th minutes Andrew declares the sale for 41K)

goodweed.com - Directs to ganjapreneur.com

https://www.ganjapreneur.com/andrew-rosener-cannabis-domain-name-investing/ ( says Andrew is the CEO of ganjapreneur)

There was a story on DNSherpa how the whole sale went down, and how the owner came back after so long etc...

Unless they offered a payment plan, and it defaulted, or the deal was never funded in the first place.

•••
Keep watching. You might discover other trends and other interesting things.

•••
We do not believe most of what is being reported.

•••
I See a lot of sales I believe are fake.

•••
After a year at this, I have become quite interested at reviewing the integrity of all domain sales information. Blogs report, then one in particular that is quoted like gospel state they verify some, but others who they “trust” the source. But what happens when the “trusted source” gets caught in the middle of a scandal? Do you still trust the source? This happened recently, so I now question both the publisher and the source. Sure it could have been 100% verified before publishing. No problem. But it could also be fake news, that needed more fact checks. Publishers need advertisers. So more sensational news is the key to more eyeballs. The bigger the sale, the bigger the splash, the pom pom’s come out to cheer on the team. Hmmm. But I didn’t know it was a team sport. Lol.

I dont believe all absolute values anyway. Relative values and accepting the sales as entertainment is better. XX, XXX, XXXX, XXXXXX, ETC. Even auction platforms which have public sales figures displayed can be simply manipulated by 2 parties or more selling amongst themselves which manipulates value. It has been pointed out on other threads as you know.

•••
•••
•••
How about h/a/t/r/e/d/com ? The domain never changed whois... and the name forwards to the book of the "buyer" but check this out:

"Milo Yiannopoulos's Book 'Dangerous' Has Sold Half as Many Copies as He Claims. Milo Yiannopoulos's new book may be Dangerous, but his sales are less than thrilling. A mere 10,677 copies were sold across the U.S. last week, according to figures from the Nielsen BookScan, quoted in The Bookseller.Jul 20, 2017"
From
newsweek.com

Why would you spend $150k then forward the domain to an Amazon page only? lol...

•••
Can you elaborate in general? I am all ears. Thx.

im not going to name names, but i've been around here long enough to smell something fishy when people post sales that are not real, or sales (for some weird reason :xf.rolleyes:) that didn't get completed, etc, etc

•••
How about h/a/t/r/e/d/com ? Why would you spend $150k then forward the domain to an Amazon page only? lol...

Hmmmm. I thought this was resolved? Just checked, you are correct. I think He mentioned the owner was non technical, but I figured by now this was changed. Wow.

•••
im not going to name names, but i've been around here long enough to smell something fishy when people post sales that are not real, or sales (for some weird reason :xf.rolleyes:) that didn't get completed, etc, etc

Agreed. Thats why I said general. Other than stroking your ego, whats the point? I can see there are some ego problems though. Fake it till you make it? Lol. Recall reading that as a young persons mantra.

I am glad you mention this, its really important to call out fake stuff.

•••
Hmmmm. I thought this was resolved? Just checked, you are correct. I think He mentioned the owner was non technical, but I figured by now this was changed. Wow.

It was a real sale.

"With whatever cash injection it did actually receive, MILO Inc. is also invested in expanding its digital real estate holdings. It purchased domains such as Dangerous.com and Hatred.com, which redirect to the Amazon page for Dangerous, for sums as high as $150,000 each."

Source: http://www.playboy.com/articles/the-brand-of-milo-yiannopoulos

This is one of the very few non-domaining news articles/inbterviews that reference this sale.

•••
I don't see why Drew would lie about GoodWeed ..... the whole story he told about it. That would be one crazy fabrication if untrue.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Compliments of DnJournal, one of the most trusted places for reported domain sales

http://www.dnjournal.com/sales-verification.htm

"Most of the sales in our report come directly to us from reputable and widely-known sales venues such as Sedo.com, NameJet, DomainNameSales, SnapNames.com and several others. We accept their sales reports as accurate since there are three parties involved in every transaction at these venues, the buyer, the seller and the venue that provides escrow services. It would take collusion on the part of all three parties to put out a false sale report without fear of detection and we do not believe that any of these major venues would risk destruction of their business reputation by being involved in fraudulent sales reporting.

We also receive reports of sales made between only two parties, a buyer and a seller. In these cases, unless the parties to the sale are already very well-known to us, we require that documentation showing proof of the price paid be sent to us.

A screenshot or scan from the financial service that handled the exchange of funds is required. If we still have concerns about the legitimacy of the sale we have in the past, and will continue in the future, to contact the financial institution in question for further verification (most will provide such verification with the consent of their customer).

If proof of a false report comes to our attention we will delete that report from our site and if we confirm that willful misrepresentation was made we will publicly identify the parties responsible."

•••
Namejet? :ROFL:

Thanks for the info. No doubt its the truth, as i stated one of the most reputable.
Should i have said the most reputable

•••
Namejet? :ROFL:

Thanks for the info. No doubt its the truth, as i stated one of the most reputable.
Should i have said the most reputable

I have mentioned this industry to some business associates who are not involved. The response is often like a comedy. All have been skeptical about such high prices, some even laughed at me saying that it is all BS, false and crazy. It would be nice to see some screenshots that were used to VERIFY some of these non public venue sales, especially where a major headline is posted with a specific person is named. That might be posted within the blog post. (Of course, with all the buyer information, transaction numbers and banking details crossed out. Simply the domain name, the seller name, the sales price)

•••

That was just odd.

Hmmmm.

•••
I know the Chinese during there uphill hype, often asked if this could be reported for a larger sum than paid.

If you sell domains for 5-7 figures, you would want to have domains sell for as high as possible, win win.

•••
Why would anyone lie about a sale?
Thats like asking why do girls wear so much makeup
i still remember him bragging about buying hora for i think 5k on sherpa
One of the last times I watched the show.
Compliments of DnJournal, one of the most trusted places for reported domain sales
http://www.dnjournal.com/images/lowdown/2015-namescon/03-monday-jan12/08-sherpa-620.jpg

your being ironical right? i did not watch the show but Andrew Rosener bought the domain expired on NameJet for $36,999 USD in 2015-11-22. quite expensive...
then tried to sell it on NameJet on 2017-03-28 but did not hit reserve and only got $27,100 as the best offer...

•••
your being ironical right? i did not watch the show but Andrew Rosener bought the domain expired on NameJet for $36,999 USD in 2015-11-22. quite expensive...
then tried to sell it on NameJet on 2017-03-28 but did not hit reserve and only got $27,100 as the best offer...

Great info. So. Not 5K? A $36K 4char spanish name for "hour", isn't sold to an end user? Isn't developed? or sat on? simply tried to flip?

•••
"hora" is spanish and portuguese.

don't know what he has done with it, but he still has it...

•••
i still remember him bragging about buying hora for i think 5k on sherpa

Might be a different domain you're thinking of. Andrew admits to paying $36,999 in this episode:
https://www.domainsherpa.com/review-20151207/ [a little over 5 minutes in]

And, per the video, he didn't buy it. MediaOptions did. ;)

i did not watch the show but Andrew Rosener bought the domain expired on NameJet for $36,999 USD in 2015-11-22. quite expensive...

Last edited:
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back