Domain Empire

opinion Fake IP Inquiries?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Srange Ip locations originates from...

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.
  • Sneaky Broker or Reseller

• Random End-user

• This poll is still running and the standings may change.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Richard Barlotti

Established Member
Impact
Hello!
I recently received some inquiries from locations that don't make any sense.
I mean I don't think that people from these countries are interested in particular domains I have.
I mean I am not sure if they even have Internet. :D Joke, but you got the point.
Hard to understand who is the buyer by his name and email address don't link to any other domains.
Are they sneaky brokers?

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
What Countries in particular?

It could also be a domainer and he/she might just be Globetrekking hence the weird IP addresses.

Last edited:
•••
A lot of sneaky domainers around... always be on your toes....

Last edited:
•••
What Countries in particular?

It could also be a domainer and he/she might just be Globetrekking hence the weird IP addresses.

Countries from central Africa
Example Nigeria - I heard scammers often use this ip
What do you think? Can be legit?

•••
Countries from central Africa
Example Nigeria - I heard scammers often use this ip
What do you think? Can be legit?

There really is no way of knowing for sure until you have actually started communicating with them.The country itself has a bad rep when it comes to online scams but then again, so to many other countries. I know a few domainers and internet marketers from Nigeria and they are legit.

Off course, one should always proceed with caution but keep an open mind and see where the conversation goes and what sort of offer them come up with. Then just make sure you use a secure payment method or marketplace.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back