IT.COM

news Facebook, Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp All Down - "caused by a DNS (domain name server) fail"

NameSilo
Watch

dncafe

I Buy WebsitesTop Member
Impact
"Global users are experiencing outages on Facebook, including all social networks the company owns, which include Messenger, Instagram and WhatsApp. When navigating to these websites, a server error will appear — Instagram shows a “5xx server error,” which indicates that this is an issue with Facebook’s servers. Users are also unable to send messages or load new content on the mobile apps for these platforms. Even Oculus, Facebook’s virtual reality platform, is experiencing outages, according to a tweet the platform posted.

It appears that the outage is caused by a DNS (domain name server) fail — this is the naming structure that forms the web’s infrastructure. So, if you try to navigate to facebook.com right now, the internet won’t know where to find facebook.com."

Full Article: https://techcrunch.com/2021/10/04/facebook-messenger-instagram-whatsapp-are-all-down/

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was wondering why my WhatsApp kept saying "connecting" when my internet is just fine. Thanks for the heads up

•••
Would do the world a favour if they never came back on line again imo.

•••
Facebook.com is also listed for sale at Uni :ROFL:

https://uniregistry.com/market/domain/facebook.com?d=facebook.com

FBsaleUni.jpg

Last edited:
•••
People became too dependent on this s.t.n.st network worldwide, so some good people may suffer for a while as well from lack of communication... Who is responsible for this: good guys, or bad guys: I don't know, but probably good guys are doing it.

•••
Well I think we can all agree that Facebook aren't the good guys.
People became too dependent on this s.t.n.st network worldwide, so some good people may suffer for a while as well from lack of communication... Who is responsible for this: good guys, or bad guys: I don't know, but probably good guys are doing it.

•••
Would do the world a favour if they never came back on line again imo.
What were you born in the 1800s? What'sApp & Instagram can be & are very useful to billions of people. It's not about FaceBook alone

•••
What were you born in the 1800s? What'sApp & Instagram can be & are very useful to billions of people. It's not about FaceBook alone
I was born in the 80s. They don't offer anyone anything they can't do in other ways kinder to their mental health.

•••
I think people will get more productive work done today, maybe? :|

•••
What'sApp & Instagram can be & are very useful to billions of people.

They can be useful, yes. And the current outage all across these services only shows that it's bad that Facebook bought them.

•••
Well I think we can all agree that Facebook aren't the good guys.

That goes for all the top "social media" sites of today. They're certainly not a democracy like they try to appear to be and are in bed with you know who.

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
•••
Make sure you tell your gf that whatsapp is down, otherwise she might think you are with another woman.

•••
•••
ok
facebook down
I don't understand how
but ok

now instagram down too
what does that mean?

why do the use the same system?

how stupid are they?

now whatsapp too?

thats ridiculous
what amateurs are working there?

somehow reminds me of a guy called rob

•••
They probably have the same infrastructure. they are down not hacked.

•••
•••
•••
Whistleblower against facebook on 60 min tv show last night, then the biggest FB outage since 2008 next morning, feels connected

•••
f8.com
i.org
facebook.com
instagram.com
WhatsApp
workplace.com
oculus.com

all are down.

upload_2021-10-5_2-39-57.png

Last edited:
•••
•••
•••
Finally good news.
Hope to get more sales now that FB is down and people will think to create their own websites.

•••
Back