IT.COM

Facebook.com may perhaps be sold for $900 million

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Yahoo shows interest in buying Facebook.com owned by Mark Zuckerberg according to this article and wants to buy it for the amount of 900 million dollars.

Hell of a deal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Imaging....you work on a website for quite some time and it catches fire and becomes HOT! Suddenly a major player in the inet industry offers you enough money to by 900 mansions at $1mil a piece. Man that makes me sick to my stomach to see figures like that.

•••
Facebook has strong VC capital...the owners will do very very well, but they won't themselves pocket that 900mil

Congrats to Mark and his team..cheers!

•••
Facebook has created an empire...literally. I don't think I've ever seen a term so quickly become a household term like Facebook has. It's all I ever hear on campus now and I used it myself the other day to contact a group partner for one of my classes. They have a virtually unbreakable monopoly on the college market at this point.

However, I will say that a recent update to allow for a system of seeing literally almost every action one does did cause a bit of a stir. However, Mark responded and took care of the issue fairly quickly. I only hope Yahoo will be as competent because Facebook continues to grow if this does change hands.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back