IT.COM

sales Facebook Acquired GameRoom.com (domain name only)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Addison

Top Member
Impact
Facebook Inc. has acquired the premium generic domain name GameRoom.com

gameroom.jpg

The domain name has been registered since 1998 and was owned by Julie Anderson of Fort Lauderdale, Florida according to whois records. The domain has had a lot of interest over at domain name aftermarket service Sedo, showing 113 offers have been made on it.

I was not able to find an offering price or sales price.

Facebook wasted no time with the new domain name purchase and has began forwarding the domain name to Facebook.com/gameroom

This is a great example of a company that understands the importance of securing a brand online and purchasing the premium domain name to go along with it!

Read more . . .

Edward Alfert (NamePros member: @ealfert) sold Work.Place to Facebook for $50,000+ recently.

Did another NamePros member sell GameRoom.com to Facebook?

I love hearing about these domain sales to Facebook and other large internet companies!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Want to see more Facebook and other big co. buying names from domainers.

•••
Must have been a pretty amazing offer, to convince the owner to sell after turning down those 113 offers on Sedo alone. :-D

•••
Last edited:
•••
Was wondering if these big co. has. bought any .shop or store domain names?

•••
•••
An excellent keyword that works strongly with room.

•••
Strong keyword phrases selling. Hmmm come to think of it that is all I buy personal and for the group and park and resell them. Worked for me over a decade now so this is no shocker to me. Great score facebook.

•••
I wonder what it's going to be developed as

•••
•••
•••
what is it that makes the word "game" and "room" a better than average keyword combo? Are you sure there aren't any other properties of the domain that may add value to it, eg. backlinks

Last edited:
•••
what is it that makes the word "game" and "room" a good keyword combo ?
About 4,150,000 exact-match Google search results. I think it is a compound word that had more use in the 80's. Although it was more often referred to as a 'Games room' back then (where I grew up in any case).

•••
Its a great name..Game+Room......Room depicts here as a Virtual Box or Space....

•••
Excellent name, good buy, Congrats to buyer and seller.

•••
Excellent name, good buy, Congrats to buyer and seller.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back