IT.COM

Fabulous.com weird domain lock

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
i have a few names with them... i am sure few months back they didn't have this transfer out flag/lock.. cause I transfered a few names out.. but now suddenly it is there..

its an extra security lock on top of the usual transfer lock on/off. and it basically translates into status: clientupdateprohibited in whois. i looked this status up few days ago and many google pages said it does not prevent transfer out.. but... my buyer tried to transfer, and couldn't. so i guess there is some misleading info out there. either way, looks like we need to submit ticket to remove this.

can someone confirm this? and that it wasn't there before.... just wanna make sure im not imagining things...... well... this seems like an extremely rare extra security step among registrars. i never saw it elsewhere. im not talking expired domains here. thanks, cheers.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Just ran into this myself from the buyer side. Sedo sent auth code + told me to start transfer, GoDaddy refusing too saying it's still locked at Fabulous, both supports saying to talk to the other one

Last edited:
•••
It's an old thread but clientUpdateProhibited does indeed block transfers, but also nameservers updates, renewals and deletions. When an update is required, the registrar first has to remove that status

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back