NameSilo

Fabulous.com - The Biggest 'dn' Scam Of All Times...

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
Believe it or not... 'FABULOUS.com" (seems 2 b the) biggest 'DN' SCAM of all times.... !!!..... What are their self defined 'NORMs'????Gimme their 'ACTIVE' address and I'll dig-out rest of the story...

(Please Note: No harm or offence meant to their existing Customers)....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
•••
They don't exist online 'Normally'.... Can you visit them & try to use their website 'NORMALLY'...!???? ...
This is abnormal..!!! and 'ABNORMALITY MEANS FISHY'..means SCAM'

•••
you first have to register for an account ... but they only deal with large portfolios of domain names

they are part of darkblue.com as is roar.com

perfectly legit

•••
•••
I was seaching for info on fab yesterday, had been reading about them.

Is there anyone here that could get me a personal referral? From what I gather in the article, that is what one needs. I'm close to about 100 domains and am looking for a PPC program to park with. I do have a few high traffic domains.

PM me if you can give me a referral. Thanks!

•••
I dont think there is, just when u signup list over 50 domains.

•••
How would they be a scam?

•••
Originally posted by Wade
I was seaching for info on fab yesterday, had been reading about them.

Is there anyone here that could get me a personal referral? From what I gather in the article, that is what one needs. I'm close to about 100 domains and am looking for a PPC program to park with. I do have a few high traffic domains.

PM me if you can give me a referral. Thanks!

You don't need a personal referral. Just signup through this link and not from their main website:

http://secure.fabulous.com/signup_wholesale.htm

Originally posted by Domainerz
They don't exist online 'Normally'.... Can you visit them & try to use their website 'NORMALLY'...!???? ...

Domainerz,

What the heck are you talking about? :-/

•••
•••
•••
WTF is this thread about?

Wade did you get the information you needed?

Originally posted by -RJ-
You don't need a personal referral. Just signup through this link and not from their main website:

http://secure.fabulous.com/signup_wholesale.htm

If you need some assistance Wade, I am available to assist you buddy!

Originally posted by Domainerz

The only thing fishy here is your response!!! Care to elaborate on this DomainerZ?

•••
Personally If you think fabulous is hiding their site, you are 100% wrong and you can visit them at http://fabulous.com If fabulous is a scam I wonder who is sending me $2k+ every month :lol:

•••
Hey Richie, thanks buddy! I've signed up, awaiting portfolio review. I'll let you know when I get started with it.

/Wade scoots over next to .edu to learn more about 2k per month :)

•••
I've heard good things..

However when i decided to join up they didn't allow me in because they know that I am < 18.

My portfolio obviously qualified but they did not want to get into a business partnership with someone who was a minor.

These sort of things annoy me but what can you do.

•••
Technically a minor cant even have a paypal account read their user agreement well i guess this are atate rules i am pretty sure organizations dont want to restrict themselves but some times its just regulations :(

•••
Originally posted by NameTower
I've heard good things..

However when i decided to join up they didn't allow me in because they know that I am < 18.

My portfolio obviously qualified but they did not want to get into a business partnership with someone who was a minor.

These sort of things annoy me but what can you do.

Get a parent or adult partner to do it for you.

Technically and legally, at least in the US, a minor cannot even execute a contract. This would include legally selling a domain name or the traffic from it. This would be risky for a company, since any sale or payment could be invalidated later if the minor wished to. This is fundamental contract law.

http://public.findlaw.com/newcontent/consumerlaw/chp2_a.html

•••
Originally posted by .edu
Personally If you think fabulous is hiding their site, you are 100% wrong and you can visit them at http://fabulous.com If fabulous is a scam I wonder who is sending me $2k+ every month :lol:

2K is not too bad. Any idea what the PPC average comes out to be based on experience?

•••
Originally posted by AdoptableDomains
Get a parent or adult partner to do it for you.

Technically and legally, at least in the US, a minor cannot even execute a contract. This would include legally selling a domain name or the traffic from it. This would be risky for a company, since any sale or payment could be invalidated later if the minor wished to. This is fundamental contract law.

http://public.findlaw.com/newcontent/consumerlaw/chp2_a.html

Yeah not in the US.

I understand where they are coming from, but still I can't sign up yet.

- Jordan

Last edited:
•••
Originally posted by NameTower
Yeah not in the US.

I understand where they are coming from, but still I can't jin up yet.

- Jordan

I guess you just have to wait. ;)

As far as this thread goes, that story at DNJournal.com seems to refute the claims that Fabulous is a scam:

Fabulous.com is certainly setting a high standard and in this intensely competitive industry all consumers stand to benefit from that. The rest of the field will be forced to keep pace with equally compelling advances or risk falling by the wayside. Some of them are probably checking the WhoIs records right now to see if Fantastic.com or a similar superlative can be had for a reasonable price!

•••
Fabulous is crushing Sedo which I am loving to see happen. More and more people are moving their portfolios over to Fabulous for the simple reason that fabulous is alot better and pays a shocking commision. Lets get real for a second. Sedo is a rip off end of story. Pretty soon they will lose all their adveritsers except for the budget advertisers. Then you start getting even lesser then your avergage 5 cents a click.

•••
Originally posted by .edu
Fabulous is crushing Sedo which I am loving to see happen. More and more people are moving their portfolios over to Fabulous for the simple reason that fabulous is alot better and pays a shocking commision. Lets get real for a second. Sedo is a rip off end of story. Pretty soon they will lose all their adveritsers except for the budget advertisers. Then you start getting even lesser then your avergage 5 cents a click.

Well said .EDU!!!!!

•••
I signed up and got the ok with my 80 domain names. They are asking about me managing the names for 50%, or them doing it for 75%. Any opions on the difference here? I am new at this, of course, and am not sure what way to go. Also can I just sell my domain names as needed and then remove them from fab, or how does that work??

meljr

•••
Originally posted by meljr
I signed up and got the ok with my 80 domain names. They are asking about me managing the names for 50%, or them doing it for 75%. Any opions on the difference here? I am new at this, of course, and am not sure what way to go. Also can I just sell my domain names as needed and then remove them from fab, or how does that work??

meljr

You can choose to have a for sale contact on your pages or not its all up to you. If you are lazy then you should have fab manage your domains but there is a huge commision difference. You can add or remove your domains as you wish. (They even have a bulk add, instead of 1 by one like you know who I hate!)

•••
Personal Introduction

Hello All,

I'm Dan Warner the COO of Fabulous.com. I'm happy to address any concerns or questions anyone has.

Many of you will know me already as I'm fairly well known in the industry. Anyone that has ever dealt with me knows that I am a stand up type of business man and that I have a very strong business ethic. I think my history of doing business people stands up for itself.

On a different point, I am the final decision maker at Fabulous.com. If you need help or would like some advice I will try to help out. If I'm really busy as you might expect sometimes I will have one of my 60 staff help you and will review the results.

Cheers and its a pleasure meeting everyone.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back