IT.COM

information Explosive claim about .xyz and “Swetha”

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
From Mike Mann on LinkedIn -

“Swetha is just an alias of Dan Negari. The vast majority of those high end .xyz sales are fake. The reason they appear to sell for BIN is because it is too complex and risky to use Afternic as a proxy to negotiate prices with himself.”

If this is true that would be unreal!

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
There's no-doubt about the smaller sales that happened and continue to happen. I think everybody started to question the authenticity of sales when every week there were many major sales reports amounting to several millions of dollars in total with no apparent buyers coming forward to confirm their purchase. You'd think a few would would want the publicity.

To my mind they were just Asset buy-ins by the registry (possibly a shell co) to give a perceived value. No tax implications or declarations required. Just $ figures to assets held, which is pretty meaningless. You can downgrade that figure (even to zero) at any time.

all/any dirt will come-out in the wash sooner or later. I guess had it worked .xyz sales would be on meteoric rise, then the hyped values may have materialized. Mr Trump would probably be able to explain the concept better than me.

Last edited:
•••
so sad if true --- you don't know what to believe these days

i did have some decent .xyz domains -- but I let them drop - no offers

i'm keeping my profile .com, then .ai, .io, and a few .de and co.uk and some one word .tv domains that fit the extension

i'm extremely conservative in adding domains to my portfolio ... I try to acquire domains regged prior than 2002, except for the .ai domains of course

who says Swetha is Negari? that's pretty bold statement

•••
It's a baseless, ridiculous claim that doesn't deserve repeating.

It stinks of misogyny and racism.

Mann can't stand that he got beat by a woman.

Swetha is real and one of the all-time best domain investors, period.

Deal with it.

Last edited:
•••
Well, I'm happy I'm not the only one that thought the so-called value of these gtld's was completely bonkers.

Seeing the numbers for .xyz sales and the lack of any consumer-facing credible brand leveraging this extension yet just didn't make sense.

•••
She obviously never paid for renewals. This must have been the 5 or 7 year XYZ plan lol.

I mean seriously when was the last time you have visited an XYZ website? Me never like the 99.99% of people.
abc.xyz

•••
•••
•••
It's a baseless, ridiculous claim that doesn't deserve repeating.

Mann can't stand that he got beat by a woman.

Swetha is real and one of the all-time best domain investors, period.

Deal with it.
I will agree the misogyny and racism is off the rails on this post! I have no idea how this has not been shut down and an extensive investigation into the anti proof Swetha exists documents been revealed. Damning! Nothing but Damning!

•••
Last edited:
•••

Misogyny? Racism?!

No one is speculating about anyone's ethnic origin or sexual identity.

There are some oddities about sales that have been going on for a long time, and these issues are trying to be clarified.

Next time you're going to defend something, try defending from plausible points. Don't try to create a quarrel with aggressive attitude like a Karen.

•••
Misogyny? Racism?!

No one is speculating about anyone's ethnic origin or sexual identity.

There are some oddities about sales that have been going on for a long time, and these issues are trying to be clarified.

Next time you're going to defend something, try defending from plausible points. Don't try to create a quarrel with aggressive attitude like a Karen.

This has never been about facts, truth, or reality.

No amount of proof that Swetha and her sales are real will stop these idiotic attacks.

•••
This is a small example.
April 25 - May 30, 2023, Total funding $936.4M
19 of 186 .xyz projects received $177 million investment

SpinAMP.xyz $1.25M
DemoxLabs.xyz $4.5M
Dispersion.xyz $40M
LabDAO.xyz $3.6M
Sort.xyz $3.5M
Tribe3.xyz $2.1M
OpenFort.xyz $3M
PYOR.xyz $4M
StoryProtocol.xyz $29.3M
AirStack.xyz $7M
Jia.xyz $4.3M
Together.xyz $20M
Odsy.xyz $7.5M
TripleLab.xyz $xxM *privacy
BlockTorch.xyz $4.2M
Tristero.xyz $4.8M
Vibe.xyz $4M
Fedi.xyz $17M

It is important not to rely on aftermarket places. Big % of ppl just reg. out-of-web3 mindset domain names in different extensions & after ... continue staring out of window, waiting for buyers to come. Networking 1+1=2+2=4+4=8+8=16 etc beats aftermarket places ...

NFC

Regards

Last edited:
•••
whoever thought sweatha sales were real is too naive

•••
Well, let's try to approach things from a more objective angle.

According to official records, Swetha Yenugula is a real person and is the director of "CANOPUS IT SOLUTIONS PRIVATE LIMITED", which was founded in 2016 in Hyderebad, India. Therefore, the claim that she is a fictional character falters at this point.

There is no law that all domain names sold must be used immediately. Personally, I can say that only a few of the dozens of domain names I've sold so far have been developed. The money I earn is my business, I cannot question what the buyer is doing with that domain name.

For example, Meta Inc. spent millions of dollars almost a year ago and made many acquisitions. None of those domain names are directed to any Meta related content. They're all idle.
Or sometimes a team gets together and brainstorms to create a new project on a whim and they want to buy the related domain name right away within their budget before anyone buy it. They usually leave the development work for later.

There have also been many other investors, apart from Swetha, who have sold .xyz domain names for large sums. You can check the archives yourself.

We have no way of proving whether the high-priced .xyz sales are driven by a project supported by the XYZ registry.

The most important point is that proving that .xyz sales aren't real doesn't do anyone any good either. On the contrary, high interest in ngTLD domains is generally a positive approach for all domain name investors.
TOP.DOMAINS has also started to achieve good sales recently. Is the sale of the "multi.app" domain name for $28,000 also fabricated?

There's a difference between being skeptical and being retarded. We have to support each other's success rather than hinder it. Do not ignore these details.

•••
I think Google is secretly Swetha.

My bullshit argument: because mainly after Google renaming its mother company to Alphabet and then registering abc.xyz to be its mother companies homepage, .xyz gTLD got a huge boost in popularity. Without abc.xyz Swetha wouldn't be Swetha.

Hence, Google = Swetha (proved by bullshit logic).

Joke apart, are some Swetha activities mysterious? Absolutely.
Does that mean anything that comes to the mind of anybody about Swetha is true? Absolutely not.

I don't know who Swetha actually is. My best guess is: it's a pen name of someone else. Anything beyond that is pure speculation.

Last edited:
•••
This has never been about facts, truth, or reality.

No amount of proof that Swetha and her sales are real will stop these idiotic attacks.
Agreed. It stinks of misogyny and racism. This wouldnt be happening to a white man. We would all be congratulating him. Swetha has undergone a massive amount of attacks, and she has offered proof of sales so many times, that I think she has given up. No amount of proof will satisfy people.

•••
I believe the sale of .xyz domains by swetha is real. because I see a lot of end users using the .xyz extension
My first sale in the domain business was Awal.xyz , and this domain has since been developed. so I really like .xyz
until now I still keep more than + 200 domains .xyz

•••
1. You spending a lot on marketing but .xyz sales still not increasing. Ok no problem.
2. .xyz founder hired a swetha then he pushed thousands of .xyz domains to her account.
3. Next, .xyz team will buy these domains from swetha.
4. Then they will make a website and social account for a sold domain that, it'll look legit enduser sale.
At the end, Domainers: wow swetha selling .xyz domains in mid to high 5fig..
Result: .xyz registry sales increased and the only expense of .xyz is paying comission to afternic, dan and godaddy😂

•••
Big % of ppl just reg. out-of-web3 mindset domain names in different extensions &
Agreed, So those company Market Capitalisations listed have no bearing on the owning of .xyz extension, I would guess quite a few were registered at the basic .xyz registration cost anyway. Probably most of those businesses own more than one extension for their chosen business name.

I don't think the vast majority of people questioning a business transaction care whether somebody is male or female, Black, White' Brown or Purple. But I do find it rather strange that anybody should want to choose it as a blanket defensive shield for anybody though.

Last edited:
•••
I don't think the vast majority of people questioning a business transaction care whether somebody is male or female, Black, White' Brown or Purple. But I do find it rather strange that anybody should want to choose it as a blanket defensive shield for anybody though.
My point is how many white men do you know have been called a liar, had so much controversy and hounded to prove their sales so many times that they have just stopped doing it (presumably because it seems pointless).

•••
My point is how many white men do you know have been called a liar,

Blimey, Thousands but then again I've been around for quite a while. (TV gives a handful everyday) In regard domaining I wouldn't know unless a mug-shot accompanied the accusation.

Don't forget there has always been accusations of Hype for many extensions. All this .xyz stuff came out of the blue and involved 'mainly' just one person. It was difficult to fathom and add a rational explanation for.

I'm not for or against the .xyz extension. I can see its appeal for some and truly believe this Swetha person knows domaining exceptionally well. But equal to your question - How many do we see tempted by all sorts of shenanigans and then just say "well it wasn't illegal - misleading a little, maybe" These things happen in business

Last edited:
•••
•••
Which Google/Alphabet still uses.
It makes sense Google would immediately gravitate toward the obvious. It's a giveaway from hell. What truly is the best .xyz on the planet? A B C.xyz? I agree without question. Who disagrees?

•••
I m here to buy all your "one word xyz names which are taken in 100+ extensions" for $20

Rdy whenever you are!!
Just to prove your point that .xyz sells and has value you are ready to pay $20 😂.
If you believe .xyz has value why not buy for 4 digits? You can clearly see Swetha sells single word domains for five digits 🤔. If you really believe .xyz sells for $xx,xxx or $xxxxxx and promise to spend $6000-$9000 I will give you a single word name taken in 174 extensions.
I have not set auto renewal for any. xyz and let dropped the. xyz domains. So if you were still hungry after buying the above name I will check and pass the other 100+ ext domains as well 😂.

•••
Misogyny and racism?

So years back when people were applauding the fake sales by Swetha there was no racism and misogyny and now when people understood the shit game going behind marketers call it Misogyny and Racism? Nice strategy.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back