IT.COM

Expired Domains, Expiring Domains or deleted domains?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ramzan Ali

Established Member
Impact
Which domains should i buy Expired Domains, Expiring or deleted domains? Please explain all of these and please tell me which has more value.

Thanks

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Which domains should i buy Expired Domains, Expiring or deleted domains? Please explain all of these and please tell me which has more value.

Thanks
Hello,
Expired domains are domans that expired (end of term of 1 year).
You can buy sometimes here on the forum a domain that is expired, and let it renew, and transfer to you.
But all depends on the time : and some registrarssome expireddomais go into an auction, some don't.

The word is expiring domains can mean several thing => Domains that go in expiration (that is 1 ear has passed).
But usually depending on the registry you can still renew these domains for "X days" (this is called the grace period, a period after expiration you can still renew them. .
The amount of days depend from registry to registry. And also, as already said, some registrars hold an auction at the end of the grace period among customers.
Deleted domains are domains that have come free to register again at normal pricing.
The word "dropped domains" means the same as deleted domains. And then you have "deleting domains" : That's domains that are dropping today for instance.
See it as such 1 year registration from 5 february to 4 februay, then grace period begins (longitude depend from registrar tot registrar=>) The grace period can be upto 42 or even 43 days after expiration.
After that period a period begin of 30 days that is called Registry Redemption Period, usually 30 days (if you as owner want that domain back you'll haveto pay an extra price from 60 tot sometimes 200 USD, depending from registrar to registrar.
AFTER THAT comes a "pendingdelete status" of 5 days. Then you can't get you domain back. But on the 6th days, the domains drops/deletes, and comes available again.

I hope this clears up some things.

•••
Hello,
Expired domains are domans that expired (end of term of 1 year).
You can buy sometimes here on the forum a domain that is expired, and let it renew, and transfer to you.
But all depends on the time : and some registrarssome expireddomais go into an auction, some don't.

The word is expiring domains can mean several thing => Domains that go in expiration (that is 1 ear has passed).
But usually depending on the registry you can still renew these domains for "X days" (this is called the grace period, a period after expiration you can still renew them. .
The amount of days depend from registry to registry. And also, as already said, some registrars hold an auction at the end of the grace period among customers.
Deleted domains are domains that have come free to register again at normal pricing.
The word "dropped domains" means the same as deleted domains. And then you have "deleting domains" : That's domains that are dropping today for instance.
See it as such 1 year registration from 5 february to 4 februay, then grace period begins (longitude depend from registrar tot registrar=>) The grace period can be upto 42 or even 43 days after expiration.
After that period a period begin of 30 days that is called Registry Redemption Period, usually 30 days (if you as owner want that domain back you'll haveto pay an extra price from 60 tot sometimes 200 USD, depending from registrar to registrar.
AFTER THAT comes a "pendingdelete status" of 5 days. Then you can't get you domain back. But on the 6th days, the domains drops/deletes, and comes available again.

I hope this clears up some things.

Thanks for explain. Could you please tell me name of that platform where i can find domains which would be directly available with out going in to auction?

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back