Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Status
Not open for further replies.

biggie

GreenFriendly.comTop Member
Impact
while browsing thru the domains wanted section

i noticed that everybody seems to have a "client" now.

they aren't buying for themselves anymore.

they got buyers now and majority of these "client/buyers" budgets, aren't any higher than if the poster was buying for themselves.

do we really need to know who you're buying for, or why ..... just buy.

and while you're at it, can you please find some buyers with bigger budgets.

imo....

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
I was thinking there was a joke here to be made ending in “…representing himself has a fool for a client” — but actually someone even pretending to have/be a broker may be doing himself a favor.

It could help a seller emotionally disengage from the process if he has difficulty lowering prices, and could help a buyer do the same but in reverse.

•••
But yeah, it isn't great to claim you're buying for someone else.

•••
I was thinking there was a joke here to be made ending in “…representing himself has a fool for a client” — but actually someone even pretending to have/be a broker may be doing himself a favor.

It could help a seller emotionally disengage from the process if he has difficulty lowering prices, and could help a buyer do the same but in reverse.

i agree it can be advantageous to have a "separator" between you and the other party, to relieve the emotional equation from negotiations.

but to pretend, can also mean playing games.
therefore, is this a serious buyer or seller i'm dealing with?

when there's a track record, it's unquestionable

when there isn't, it's questionable

imo...

But yeah, it isn't great to claim you're buying for someone else.

not, if you're not.

imo...

•••
easily 90%, if not more, of them pretend only to have a client.. that's getting old already and not making me act different to them compared to folks without clients..

•••
I shared this thread with "my client" and he found it very funny :xf.grin:

•••
•••
Hi

putting an "up on this thread" as i see the number of posters who claim they have "clients" in WTB section has increased.

that being said, i think i'll hold off on replying to such threads where they claim to be representing clients or buyers, particularly those who mention they want reseller pricing.

my rationale is, if i/we hold out long enough, maybe the guy/gal in front of the gal/guy who has the money, will come forward and eliminate the middleman.

then that extra money they will save, can be put towards increasing the budgets.

:)

imo....

•••
i agree it can be advantageous to have a "separator" between you and the other party, to relieve the emotional equation from negotiations.

but to pretend, can also mean playing games.
therefore, is this a serious buyer or seller i'm dealing with?

when there's a track record, it's unquestionable

when there isn't, it's questionable

imo...

not, if you're not.

imo...
why do you always end your post/reply with "imo" lol?

•••
why do you always end your post/reply with "imo" lol?

because, everything i say or type, is.... in my opinion or from my perspective.

:)

imo...

•••
The client line makes little sense because someone is not giving you better pricing. I wanted $3,000 but since it's a client of yours I can do $600.

•••
Nice post.

Id like to know how to find a end user to sell my names

•••
The client line makes little sense because someone is not giving you better pricing.

i agree and that's basically the point.

who cares if you got a client/buyer/friend etc.,

because only the "budget and criteria" is relative.

and if you want the criteria to be met, then ensure the budgets can meet the qualified submissions.

imo...

•••
•••
On a more serious note, given the fact that this is NamePros, it seems likely that many selling and buying will have clients.

•••
On a more serious note, given the fact that this is NamePros, it seems likely that many selling and buying will have clients.

I doubt the majority of members here have clients. Most are trying to make some money for themselves. Maybe it was @biggie who said it a year back, all of a sudden everyone is a domain broker. More thank likely that's not true.

•••
I doubt the majority of members here have clients. Most are trying to make some money for themselves. Maybe it was @biggie who said it a year back, all of a sudden everyone is a domain broker. More thank likely that's not true.

This is very true. I know a ton of people who "broker" for themselves.

•••
I do believe that there are some legit people that are looking to help their clients acquire specific domains, because we all know that you can make a commission as a broker not only when you sell but also when you buy domains for someone.
I mean, you can feel that from the vibe of the conversation, the way it unfolds.

Anyway... now I'm feeling left out from this trend. :) :alien3:
I need to get me at least one...I'm willing to catch one even with a pokeball and make him my exclusive client.

Pace all, enjoy and have fun while domaining! ;)

Last edited:
•••
I do believe that there are some legit people that are looking to help their clients acquire specific domains, because we all know that you can make a commission as a broker not only when you sell but also when you buy domains for someone.

This is what I was trying to suggest earlier. Given all the competition in the market (and recent events such as the Chinese Premium market, the .xyz boom, and etc), I wouldn't be surprised if more people are trying new methods to make a profit.

•••
The last 10 threads I opened in WTB has been on behalf of clients. All of these threads has had a budget north of 500K. Now thats more than I would be able to afford myself and frankly its pretty easy to check Whois afterwards to make sure that indeed another entity has taken ownership of the names.

I dont dispute the fact that someone might be pulling the broker card to distance themselves from the negotiation, but frankly it should make no difference what so ever to you as a seller. Only difference might be that fewer Paypal sales are made and more Escrow sales.

Maybe more people are posting on behalf of clients, since many Chinese buyers are not here in person. Personally I only have Western clients, but I get quite a few buy requests from the Eastern side of the world.

•••
Please excuse me from this thread while I pour my "client" a drink! :-P

•••
Self brokering is a habit around here it seems. I wonder of they charge themselves a fee as well? lol

•••
Self brokering is a habit around here it seems. I wonder of they charge themselves a fee as well? lol

I seem to recall Frank Schilling saying he pays 20% brokerage fees for his domains .. I thought it was funny cause it's basically taking the money out of his right pocket to put it in his left pocket! In his defence he was laughing in the interview himself .. lol .. maybe it's a tax thing?

•••
When I was trading in antiques, all the trade buyers were buying for their grand-daughters. The way things are going in the world, maybe "grand-daughter" would be better than "client". I have had a few people try to buy names "for their girl friends"in the past. The usual offer price is $25.

•••

Would be more interesting if they reported these fees on their taxes too. :laugh:

•••
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back