Dynadot .com transfer sale, only $10.12 with coupon code DYNA12, available while supplies last, ends October 1, 2026.

Euro 2008

SpaceshipSpaceship
SpaceshipSpaceship
NamecheapNamecheap
Watch

sun and kisses

Established Member
Impact
1
Euro 2008

What your favourite country ?

Who you think will win this year Euro 2008 ?
 
0
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
GoDaddyGoDaddy
Although I'm not a fan, I must admit that Casillas is a top notch goalkeeper.

Go Spain, go! :)
 
0
•••
dmi said:
Although I'm not a fan, I must admit that Casillas is a top notch goalkeeper.

Go Spain, go! :)

Sure, Casillas is. I love his style

-Alex- said:
WOOT!

Great game, Spain won in the penaltys 4-2

You have to admit... spain's keeper is world class ;)

I think they will make it to the finals against Germany

Too soon to tell. The only problem with Spain is they are too worry about losing, that's why they could not perform well when they play in Knock-out. Russia has nothing to lose, so I am thinking about a not easy game for Spain
 
0
•••
gmtfan said:
Sure, Casillas is. I love his style



Too soon to tell. The only problem with Spain is they are too worry about losing, that's why they could not perform well when they play in Knock-out. Russia has nothing to lose, so I am thinking about a not easy game for Spain

What do you mean Russia has nothing to lose? They have just as much to lose as Spain..
 
0
•••
-Alex- said:
What do you mean Russia has nothing to lose? They have just as much to lose as Spain..

Russian goal is QF :) They will have less pressure than Spain in SF, especially, they have lost in the 1st match
 
0
•••
gmtfan said:
Russian goal is QF :) They will have less pressure than Spain in SF, especially, they have lost in the 1st match

... who said the russian goal is QF? lol... isn't everybody's every countries goal to win?
 
0
•••
-Alex- said:
... who said the russian goal is QF? lol... isn't everybody's every countries goal to win?
What he's trying to say is that the Russians are in SF by surprise... They haven't got much pressure on their shoulders to do anything. They are already on the top of the world for making it in the SF.

Still, I think that Spain will be able to pull it off and make it to the finals.
 
0
•••
-Alex- said:
... who said the russian goal is QF? lol... isn't everybody's every countries goal to win?
Every body's goal to win, that's true, but any team comes to a competition has their own goal to finish. This goal was made by their federation. You may not believe but Italian goal was QF, if they did not archive this goal, at least Donadoni would resign or be sacked. :)

Anyway, Underdog Russia will show that the win of Spain in Group stage was only an Russian accident
 
0
•••
0
•••
Any guesses for the final 2 now?

I'd say: Spain : Germany

Russia - Spain: Russia advancing would be a major upset.
Germany - Turkey: Shouldn't be a big problem for the Germans.

Then again,...all the way through this EM i've been wrong. So, it's most likely going to be Turkey v. Russia :lol:

M.
 
0
•••
Mike said:
Any guesses for the final 2 now?

I'd say: Spain : Germany

Russia - Spain: Russia advancing would be a major upset.
Germany - Turkey: Shouldn't be a big problem for the Germans.

Then again,...all the way through this EM i've been wrong. So, it's most likely going to be Turkey v. Russia :lol:

M.
I really wouldn't be surprised your last sentence comes true. As a matter of fact, I would love to see that. :sold:
 
0
•••
Mike said:
Any guesses for the final 2 now?

I'd say: Spain : Germany

Russia - Spain: Russia advancing would be a major upset.
Germany - Turkey: Shouldn't be a big problem for the Germans.

Then again,...all the way through this EM i've been wrong. So, it's most likely going to be Turkey v. Russia :lol:

M.
I'd also go for a Spain - Germany final, though I would'nt bet heavilly on it. Too many surprises so far!

GIL
 
0
•••
Spain-Germany is favorable. Turkey will not play with strongest squad in SF, so I don't think they will make any surprise. But Russia is still questionable.

I am going with Russia - Germany :D
 
0
•••
If the final 2 Turkey vs Russia i think it will be very interesting. If russsia continue to play this way i think they might have a chance to win Spain
 
0
•••
Spain is unbeaten till this point and they will be extremely difficult to beat especially after this win against the world champs Italy, which will boost their confidence tremendously. Their game against Russia will be tough but they play diferently than Holland. Russia will have a harder time to get past the Spanish defense.

Because Turkey cannot play with their strongest team, Germany should go to the final.

GIL
 
0
•••
Spain vs. Germany for sure :xf.love:

Russia is used to playing teams that are fully offensive but Spain knows their limits. They can become a defensive unit and counterattack with all their might.
 
0
•••
Update: At this moment, Turkey has only 15 players who can play in the SF (including 2 goal keepers). Nihat can't play either. SO don't be surprised that Turkey will have a "goal keeper" play as a forwarder.
 
0
•••
gmtfan said:
Update: At this moment, Turkey has only 15 players who can play in the SF (including 2 goal keepers). Nihat can't play either. SO don't be surprised that Turkey will have a "goal keeper" play as a forwarder.
Yes. Fatih Terim said that is very likely to happen.
 
0
•••
I think yesterday Spain did fairly well against the italian. Maybe Italy defence was tough haha
 
0
•••
sun and kisses said:
I think yesterday Spain did fairly well against the italian. Maybe Italy defence was tough haha

You should have said opposite way: Italia did well against ESP. The game was following the way Italia wanted (of course ITA did want a goal also :D) with the fact that Spain had a little more advantage in term of players.

Technically, the game was great, but pretty boring for us to entertain. In fact, if they don't think that was a knock-out match, they could have performed better.

Both teams did not want to lose, so they put pressure in low-mid-field: Italia is good at this, so they blocked Spanish attacks. In the other hand, Spain was scared of "Italian counter attack" so they did not put lot of effort to attack but was keeping mid-fielders pretty low.

Sadly, there were 3 best forwarders of La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga in field but no goal has been scored.

In group stage, every team was wanting to win, that's why they played two different ways although they have almost the same squad.
 
Last edited:
0
•••
SPAIN in SEMIFINALS!!!!

Yeeeeeeeeahh Im so excited!! I had never lived this before (well in 84 we reached the final but I was like 6 years old so I wasnt really aware of the whole thing)...

Finally (yeah finally) we have broken 3 of our worse "curses":

1. The curse of quarter finals (it's been our limit for 24 years in all competitions)

2. The curse of Italy (we had not beaten them for 88 years)

3. The curse of Penalty Kicks (traditionally we're not good at them)

Now that we've done all this I truly believe we can win this championship. First, Russia, it will not be as easy as the first time for sure.

And after that, Germany awaits in the final...
 
0
•••
DomainEasy: white label portfolios are live. Enable yours.

We're social

Escrow.com
Spaceship
Escrowly
CryptoExchange.com
Domain Recover
Catchy
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back