Dynadot

EURid Reactivates Ovidio Limited Domains

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Impact
It looks like the bozos in EURid have taken the Ovidio Limited syndicate domains off the ON-HOLD status. Those checked are now showing REGISTERED status. These were the domains that EURid was making noises about putting back on the market after taking action against 400 "registrars" for breach of contract. These were the 74000 or so domains that EURid put ON-HOLD in July. Right now EURid's credibility is lower than whale crap on the ocean floor.

Regards...jmcc

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Jiblob said:
I agree that there was a degree of corruption... but this corruption exists with the .COM. Even since before the net went 'big time', people registered domains for companies and common words on the already existing extensions. This proves that this sort of 'corruption' has ocoured since the beginning.
I was talking about the European Union (EU) rather than .eu as being perceived as corrupt. :) Though the strange thing is that I've only been able to map approximately 100K .eu domains to UK nameservers. I think that at least 50% of the UK registered .eu domains are owned by front companies. One of them, an apparently Swiss owned front company has over 44K .eu domains hosted on Romanian IP space and it is just a PPC linkswamp or direct navigation network. Some (perhaps all) of the domains are the .eu variants of existing sites.

We say that it has been corrupt/damaged/awful for businesses etc. My view was this at first, too.. However, now that I have seen the bigger picture, I've asked myself "What was my plan for the domains, had I managed to get them in the landrush". Strangely enough, my plan is no different to that of any business man who participated. It can't be expected that you get the great domains for a $20 backorder from Godaddy.com or the like.
The selling point on .eu was that it was a domain for the EU - for EU people and businesses. Now that EU propaganda has been shown to be completely false by the way that the incompetents in EURid banjaxed the .eu ccTLD.

I think we should look forward to the future of the .EU domains. It will be interesting to see if a market for .EU will appear... after all, it takes time to see how things will pan out.
All new TLDs take at least 18 to 24 months to stabilise. After that period, the speculative element declines and the real development takes place.

Also, if this court case goes through... who knows if people on this very forum will gain a second picking (a fairer one) to the domains.
Well the EURid vs The Registars case is scheduled for a hearing next month. That hearing is to set dates and the case could drag on for months (perhaps a year or so) afterward.

In my eyes, the businesses who were geniunely wanting the .EU domains, got their domains.
Tell that to the UK and Irish companies who didn't get their .eu domains. The rejection rate for UK and Irish companies in Sunrise 2 is over 80%. These are the small businesses and companies that give a TLD its credibility.

THE REAL BUSINESSES (big business names) got what they required, and then the rest went to resellers like myself and many others here. I would be singing a totally different tune had I have got all of the great domains.
Blixem.nl/Parknet if the dodgy ampersand Benelux trademark - over 38K domains.

May I say, I got my domain put 'on-hold' for my address being wrong on the account due to godaddy, so this isn't really an indication of a court case. Where can I find more information about this case?
Contact the eligibility section of EURid. They will ask for proof that your address is an EU one. But they haven't been doing a good job as perhaps tens of thousands of .eu domains have dodgy address data for the registrants.

Just My two POUNDS, Thanks :hehe:
Ah yes. That holdover from the Roman occupation of Britain. We never got invaded by the Romans but now we have Euros and some tossers in Brussels telling us what to do. ;) But at least I can say, accurately, that this is just my few cents.

Regards...jmcc

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back