IT.COM

Eurid punishes hijackers (Starting with Ovidio)

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

jerke

Account Closed
Impact
EurID punishes Ovidio Limited

Ovidio Limited seems to have a problem.
EURID blocked all their .eu applications! (about 30.000 to 85.000!!!!)

Click here for the news item on eubis.eu

This is a very important decision of EURID, because they admit in fact that the registration process has been hijacked...!

I am wondering what the effect will be and what's next in the dotEU soap!

What's your opinion?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Wow!

Is there any way of finding out which domains will be available for registration again?

•••
akrasia said:
Wow!

Is there any way of finding out which domains will be available for registration again?
Well the topic is being covered on a number of threads here but the number of domains put on hold was approximately 74K. The court hearing is apparently scheduled for October and it will probably be the end of the year before the domains become available again.

Regards...jmcc

•••
Last edited:
•••
jerke said:
First of all, it is not a reaction to your story. It is the EURid press release that EURid posted today on its site. Second, please get the facts right on the numbers as it was approximately 74K domains that EURid put on hold. I haven't seen any "QUARANTINE" domains from the samples from the Ovidio/Fausto lists that I have checked.

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••
jerke said:
Interesting find. Also greenparty.eu is quarantined. I've a list of about 47K Ovidio doms here so it would take some time to check every one of them. :)

Regards...jmcc

•••
•••
jerke said:
EurID punishes Ovidio Limited

Ovidio Limited seems to have a problem.
EURID blocked all their .eu applications! (about 30.000 to 85.000!!!!)

Click here for the news item on eubis.eu

This is a very important decision of EURID, because they admit in fact that the registration process has been hijacked...!

I am wondering what the effect will be and what's next in the dotEU soap!

What's your opinion?

I am a little wondering why you quoted eubis.eu, which also seems to have some problems with their unauthorised listings!!!!

•••
EXCELLENT :) It was pretty obvious from the start that their terms about "warehousing" domains had been broken by many - It's nice to see they have the balls to do something about it. :)

Go get em !! :yell:

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back