Dynadot

.EU Registrars

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch
Hey!

Ive been looking at many domain name companies for my .EU registrations, and I would like to know who is most likely going to be able to get the domain name youve chosen!

I've listed all off the names I want on Lycos.com, they seem pretty sound, big company, and having them listed makes it easy for me to just go on there and register it... but the thing is they don't actually try and statch it for you, they just alert you and if they are still avaliable, then you can register.

But I want a company that will actually catch the domain, the second it becomes avaliable... so that I have the biggest chance avaliable for me to get the domain name that I want, jut for me, not a company that catches the domain name, and then offers it for auction!

Any help and advice would be appreciated!

- Luke :D

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Hmm, if i knew the answer i would be a richy guy in 2006!
Doesn't think that such a registar exist, only if you pay,
take alook
at netnames.com

•••
Jiblob said:
Hey!

Ive been looking at many domain name companies for my .EU registrations, and I would like to know who is most likely going to be able to get the domain name youve chosen!

I've listed all off the names I want on Lycos.com, they seem pretty sound, big company, and having them listed makes it easy for me to just go on there and register it... but the thing is they don't actually try and statch it for you, they just alert you and if they are still avaliable, then you can register.

But I want a company that will actually catch the domain, the second it becomes avaliable... so that I have the biggest chance avaliable for me to get the domain name that I want, jut for me, not a company that catches the domain name, and then offers it for auction!

Any help and advice would be appreciated!

- Luke :D

Hi, What makes you think that Lycos does not go ahead and secure the name for you ?? I too have many names pre-regd with lycos and I would be interested to know.

Also, I think GoDady are snatching the names if they can but unfortunately they will go to an auction is there are more than 1 person interested.

I do'nt know if you know but Lycos has not been accredited for the .eu yet
Lets just hope the do get accredited but at least they are only placing 1 pre-reg per domain name - unlike most !!

Good Luck

•••
Hi, What makes you think that Lycos does not go ahead and secure the name for you ?? I too have many names pre-regd with lycos and I would be interested to know.
he means they just inform you they are avilable, don't snap them for you!

•••
monRa said:
he means they just inform you they are avilable, don't snap them for you!

They do not imply this on the Lycos website + if they are only taking one pre-reg per per domain name I would think they will go ahead and register it for you if they get there first ?

The following is from the Lycos website -

On the registration launch, Lycos will submit your .eu domain name(s) to
the EU reservation service.

If your domain is still available, you will be given the opportunity to
either buy it for 1 year, or to cancel your pre-registration.

According to the .eu TLD Registry EURid, registration fee should be
around EUR 10 (ex. VAT).

Surely this means they will try and reg it for you if you have placed a pre-reg

Last edited:
•••
nope, they give the domain to eurid and if some domains haven't been registered they inform you and you give 10euros and you buy the domain

•••
If they were to send them to the registrar, they wouldnt be able to do it for free! You would have to be charged for it.

Therefore, when Eurid allow registrations you will be able to see if the domain name is avaliable, if it is, then you may register it.

The do however reserve it so that you are the only person that can register the domains that you have chosen on their site, for a specified period!

•••
lycos are a good company/

•••
Hmmm......1 quick question....y would lycos pre reg. the domain if aint sure that its gonna get the accredation!

•••
Hmmm......1 quick question....y would lycos pre reg. the domain if aint sure that its gonna get the accredation!
come on, they sure gonna get it!

•••
Do you have to be registed at lycos to be able to prereg .eu domains???

•••
dc1pop said:
Do you have to be registed at lycos to be able to prereg .eu domains???

If you want to pre-reg with Lycos you will need to register with them - this is free to do. If you just want to register a .eu domain there are many places to pre-register them, it does not have to be Lycos.

Lycos are at the moment not an accredited register.

https://webhosting.lycos.co.uk/order/prereg/domain/eu/

•••
•••
Its a lottery. Register for the domains you want at as
many eu registrars as you can. Each registrar you
are registered at increases your chance to win the domain
names that you want.

•••
•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back