IT.COM

domain EU-hotels.com appraisal

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

newbie001

Established Member
Impact
Could you please appraise this Domain EU-hotels.com . It's a dashed domain but i think it's a very good niche. Thank you.

Last edited:
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Dashed is still more accepted in Europe in domains. And course it's a great niche. But...

it may be stuck in no man's land somewhat. It's not exactly booking.com and it's not exactly Copenhagenhotels.com. So given this very competitive niche, not sure this domain would have so much appeal and therefore value.

•••
•••
•••
Interior-deluxe in com has a wide appeal, Home, vehicle, boat are all areas that this name would appeal to. High spec refurbishment is big business.
Your domain However just covers a wide Geographical area with no specific demographic market. It has to much niche competition to have any value.
I'm sorry to say but if you can't identify the differences in your two examples, you are going to struggle in your domain identities and their values

Last edited:
•••
Interior-deluxe in com has a wide appeal, Home, vehicle, boat are all areas that this name would appeal to. High spec refurbishment is big business.
Your domain However just covers a wide Geographical area with no specific demographic market. It has to much niche competition to have any value.
I'm sorry to say but if you can't identify the differences in your two examples, you are going to struggle in your domain identities and their values
It's a bit confusing especially if you are new. Sometimes you see domains sold for a high amount and the name doesn't really seem to have a meaning.... . Thanks anyway i appreciate

•••
It's a bit confusing especially if you are new. Sometimes you see domains sold for a high amount and the name doesn't really seem to have a meaning.... . Thanks anyway i appreciate..
With practice it does become apparent what domains businesses want to use. (and of course why) a domain such as "Interior-deluxe" will strike a chord with any individual looking to refurbish any vehicle or home etc. It's a good capture name even though It probably cannot be trademarked. Even with the dash/hyphen It will look very relevant on any advertising etc

EU-Hotels, however is an overly broad term, it is trying to capture a wide market without any focus. People searching for hotels in Europe have specifics that they want to satisfy, This is going to be either Geographic (area or Country) or Service level, Beach side or City center. and many more criteria. It's understandable why you thought it had value. But you can't be overly broad if your trying to appeal to European hotel businesses or booking agents. Of course Hotel/.com is as broad as you can get but it is a single Short word , extremely memorable and the name alone projects a business at the top of its game

The difficulty for most is in understanding when you can be all encompassing (broad term) and when the appeal is in specific business type. (narrow) It's there to understand if you have some experience in Marketing. Or just Domain demand in general

Hope you get my drift

Last edited:
•••
With practice it does become apparent what domains businesses want to use. (and of course why) a domain such as "Interior-deluxe" will strike a chord with any individual looking to refurbish any vehicle or home etc. It's a good capture name even though It probably cannot be trademarked. Even with the dash/hyphen It will look very relevant on any advertising etc

EU-Hotels, however is an overly broad term, it is trying to capture a wide market without any focus. People searching for hotels in Europe have specifics that they want to satisfy, This is going to be either Geographic (area or Country) or Service level, Beach side or City center. and many more criteria. It's understandable why you thought it had value. But you can't be overly broad if your trying to appeal to European hotel businesses or booking agents. Of course Hotel/.com is as broad as you can get but it is a single Short word , extremely memorable and the name alone projects a business at the top of its game

The difficulty for most is in understanding when you can be all encompassing (broad term) and when the appeal is in specific business type. (narrow) It's there to understand if you have some experience in Marketing. Or just Domain demand in general

Hope you get my drift
Thanks for the effort , it's very informative.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back