Dynadot

Estibot

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

alcy

Top Member
Impact
•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
Yes, we do get paid by Estibot.

We have 6 sponsors on DomainSherpa. They can be viewed on the upper right-hand corner of the interview page. Sponsors pay to be associated with our content, which we then give away for free to people who want to learn about domain name investing.

So, just like free TV, sponsors are paying for your access to viewers of our shows.

There are a lot of people who say that Estibot valuations are not accurate, are a waste of money, and that only gullible or naive domain name investors would use their service.

This is not true.

Experienced domain name investors use the Estibot service daily, but not primarily for the valuation — what you would expect if you were to look at the tool.

Experienced domain name investors use the tool to discover:
  • The order of magnitude valuation if it were to sell in a retail transaction.
  • If any domain in a large list of for-sale domains is worth looking at in greater detail.
  • The underlying critical data that shows domain name value, like exact match search volume, cost-per-click of advertising for the exact match search phrase, what other domain extensions are registered, and whether it has type-in traffic.
The first part of the brandable domain name, Estibot, is "esti", derived from the word estimation. It provides an order of magnitude estimation of the value of a domain name in most cases: exact match, generic, numeric, acronym, and alphanumerics. Estibot is not a good estimation tool for invented brandables or keyword brandable domain names.

At no point should an experienced investor rely on an estimation of the value of a domain name. Critical thought always needs to be applied.

Hope that helps with your questions, Alcy.
Estibot is garbage{IMO} most of my 3000 domains are company end user domains ,I would like to offer them all at 15% of estibot value for the whole portfolio ,wholesaledrywall.com naturalstonework.com dependablemaids.com whiteglovecatering.com my typical type of domains

Last edited:
•••
So what are good alternatives to Estibot that people use? Google Keyword Planner, Namebio, RDAP Whois, Domaining Blogs, NamePros?

•••
So what are good alternatives to Estibot that people use? Google Keyword Planner, Namebio, RDAP Whois, Domaining Blogs, NamePros?
I would be inclined to say all of the above if NamePros members provided realistic appraisals on requests, e.g. crappydomain.lol is "nothing less than $$$“ and poorgrammarreversedwords.com "a solid $$$$$ deal to the right buyer (that will absolutely never come)".

Bottom line is, you'll never get, if you don't ask. With that being said, you need to know the true value of a domain in order to ask, or the buyer will walk. This is acquired knowledge from research and your own sales.

Good luck, but don't use Estibot.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back