Domain Empire

Estibot Down?

Spaceship Spaceship
Watch

Ategy

Arif M, NameCult.com TheDomainSocial.comTop Member
Impact
Is anyone having issues connecting to Estibot?

•••
The views expressed on this page by users and staff are their own, not those of NamePros.
It is working for me .. just clear your cache and cookies and try again

•••
Well .. I tried 2 browsers and connecting on my cell (non-wifi) .. it seemed to work again as hanging pages loaded .. but can't connect yet again .. at one point when I got a page I started a scan and it hangs at 0%.

Now it appears I get the various pages (contact/faq) but at a fraction of usual speed .. could it be that someone is simply doing a massive scan and hogging their resources? I've never had this happen to me before ...

EDIT: Now it appears I've reached my daily liit .. with my one scan of ~200 domains being submitted 4 times and all "processing" .. guess there is a problem after all .. never happened to me before .. timing kinda sucks cause I wanted to get my list ready before heading to work! :-/

Last edited:
•••
•••
Some recent days, I also can not access to estibot. Don't know why.

•••
Sorry to here of your troubles. For me, it's been working fine these last few days (from Asia). There was a time recently when their url was on a ban list with the pre-eminent (and 2nd) internet providers. Nobody in the country could reach them for between one to two weeks. Of course both providers never took any responsibility for Estibot's URL being banned in their cache. They always blamed the users. Par for the course. Unfortunately. Then, as magically as it was banned, it became unbanned. Thankfully.

•••
It's been on and off over the weekend as I've been waiting for some funds to go through which should have been immediate...

Frustrating at times...

•••
can u guys access it now? its been saying have reached my daily limit since Tuesday till now and have nt been able to check any name:unsure:

•••
Hmmm First Sedo went down, now Estibot...

Wonder if a group of hackers are trying to go to war with the domaining industry? :)

•••
Hmmm First Sedo went down, now Estibot...

Wonder if a group of hackers are trying to go to war with the domaining industry? :)
I hope not..they both make alot of money and should be constantly working on their site

•••
After a bit of trouble connecting I finally successfully submitted a report .. they got to it pretty quickly and replied it was taken care of (it was working fine after that). Unfortunately I didn't get the details of what the problem was, so I don't know if it was a one time thing of a potentially ongoing issue.

Either way it works for me now (as well as earlier this morning)! ;)

•••
After a bit of trouble connecting I finally successfully submitted a report .. they got to it pretty quickly and replied it was taken care of (it was working fine after that). Unfortunately I didn't get the details of what the problem was, so I don't know if it was a one time thing of a potentially ongoing issue.

Either way it works for me now (as well as earlier this morning)! ;)
I still can not access to it, maybe they blocked my country IP address?

•••
I don't really use estibot, but ran across this thread and gave it a try just to see if the site was up for me...

I get daily limit reached when trying my first search.

Since I do not use estibot, I know I have not reached any daily limit.

Seems they are now requiring you to register and sign in to do a lookup. Maybe they have a bug in their code, desire the email addresses and opt ins, or possibly they are battling a DOS attack (requiring login would be very effective at limiting the resources wasted in a DOS attack).

•••
Same here its still saying that daily limit reached even as i haven't tracked any name since sunday..i hope they resolve it soon

•••
you can use http://appraise.epik.com/, same valuation as estibot and most of all it dont have any limits as long as you are registered user, and it's free to register.

•••
Same here, daily limit reached all the time and is not letting me check any name.

•••
I noticed Estibot was not working a few days ago. Says limit reached on first try. It seems it happened when they started powering valuate.com.

Cool thing is, now at valuate, I get to check more names before limit. So Estibot went down, but Valuate went up.

•••
  • The sidebar remains visible by scrolling at a speed relative to the page’s height.
Back